Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
Yeah, Nickelback just took the old adage "any publicity is good publicity" out back and clubbed it on the head.

I can't help but being reminded of the ending of Scarface...

Quote:Aaron Rupar
‏Verified account @atrupar
36m36 minutes ago

President Infowars floats a conspiracy theory that prescription drug execs played a role in "the hoax" because they want him out of office.

Quote:Aaron Rupar‏Verified account @atrupar 50m50 minutes ago

Trump says he is "looking at" creating a new state-run media organization, because outlets like CNN "hate your country."
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Hmm when I saw the Reuters headline about today's meltdown, I kinda expected some celebration here. It seems like he just keeps improving our chances for 2020 every day?
Would that 'state run' media company promote the democratic party if they were in power? No?

I'm shocked.
I don’t know kyle, the mask is off. Republi—Trump voters (it’s what they are) now think Trump didn’t even talk about the Bidens during the Ukrainian phone call even though a “transcript”, released from the Tacky Gold House SAYS HE DID. If these fuckers didn’t live in swing states...

Meanwhile, Bernie has heart problems, Amos and whoever are a microcosm of the Democratic party over in that thread and some motherfuckers need to get thrown in jail, not lightly scolded.

72% of eligible voters did not opt for a Dildo.

Even a cynic should be optimistic to learn that only a quarter of people are complete assholes.

I have to think that at least 33% of the country are just ready for this horror show to end. The alternative is inconceivable.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I'm not a huge Pelosi fan, but her response to McCarthy's demand to suspend the impeachment inquiry is pretty great:

https://www.speaker.gov/sites/speaker.ho...Carthy.pdf

Quote:"As you know, our Founders were specifically intent on ensuring that foreign entities did not undermine the integrity of our elections. I received your letter this morning shortly after the world witnessed President Trump on national television asking yet another foreign power to interfere in the upcoming 2020 elections."
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Republicans' biggest flaw is believing that everyone who's not a Republican is dumber than they are.

Their second biggest flaw: micropenis.
The Peter Schweizer book that largely fueled Trump and Friends' corruption allegations against the Bidens lifted a number of passages straight from Wikipedia:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-schw...a?ref=home

Quote:A book that has fueled corruption allegations at the center of an unfolding impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump appears to have lifted portions of text from news articles and Wikipedia pages without proper citation or attribution.

The Daily Beast found more than a dozen instances in which Secret Empires, the bestselling book by investigative journalist Peter Schweizer, copied nearly complete sentences or sizable portions of them verbatim or near-verbatim from other sources. In a number of instances, those sources were uncited Wikipedia pages created before the book’s publication in early 2018.

Many of the passages included citations of the works from which language was drawn, but did not put that language in quotation marks. In one case, Schweizer’s book used language nearly identical to a post on a website of a prominent progressive think tank, but cited not that think tank, but a news article based on the same data.

The Daily Beast presented Schweizer’s spokesperson and his publisher, HarperCollins, with a detailed spreadsheet comparing the book’s text with that of the sources from which he appeared to have lifted language. That spokesperson, Sandy Schulz, denied that the examples constituted any sort of journalistic or academic misconduct.
It just keeps on coming tonight:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/politics/...index.html

Evidently Trump raised the subject of the Communist Chinese government investigating both Joe Biden AND Elizabeth Warren during a telephone-call with Xi Jinping on June 18th, and Trump promised that he would stay quiet on the Hong Kong-riots for freedom while trade-talks continued with China.

According to CNN, the record of that phone-call was ALSO placed in the highly-secure codeword-intelligence server where the transcript of his later phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine would later be placed.

Holy fucking shit.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Hooooooo boy.
When do we get to do this?

I dunno, but I'm saving my Charles Durning gif for if something official happens.
I can see why Nancy got the impeachment ball rolling now. Wow.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Informative and entertaining legal analysis here. This particular video is from last week but there have been updates:

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
That’s quid pro quo, yes?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I did that?  Me?  Huh:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4643...-reform-of

Quote:Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) told reporters Thursday he did not recall signing a letter urging reforms in the office of the Ukrainian prosecutor President Trump has alleged former Vice President Joe Biden improperly had ousted, The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

Trump has repeatedly alleged Biden used his office to have Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin fired and prevent him from investigating a gas company whose board included Biden’s son Hunter.

CNN on Thursday reported that three Republican senators, including Johnson, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and then-Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) signed a 2016 letter urging “urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General’s office and Judiciary.”

"I send out all kinds of oversight letters ... I don't know which 2016 oversight letter you're referring to so I will look at that and then we'll issue a press release, statement, or something — but I don't engage in hypocrisy. I'm looking at getting the truth,” Johnson said when asked about the letter.

Johnson did acknowledge the letter in an interview Thursday on WIBA's "The Vicki McKenna Show," saying "The whole world, by the way, including the Ukranian caucus, which I signed the letter, the whole world felt that this that Sholkin wasn't doing a [good] enough job. So we were saying hey you've ... got to rid yourself of corruption."

In the first interview, Johnson also said there was no misconduct in Trump’s call on Thursday for China to investigate Biden and his son.

"If there's potential criminal activity, the President of the United States is our chief law enforcement officer. We have proper agreements with countries to investigate potential crimes so I don't think there's anything improper about doing that,” he said.

Even as he endorsed investigations by both China and Ukrainian officials, Johnson denied the July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the heart of a whistleblower complaint represented Trump pressuring Zelensky to investigate the Bidens.

"I look at that transcript and I go, it's Trump being Trump," Johnson said, according to the Journal-Sentinel.
We're finally seeing some movement on the other whistleblower - the one from the I.R.S.  It's looking like a pretty big deal, and Democrats are considering making the complaint public:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBQOSfN

Quote:An Internal Revenue Service ­official has filed a whistleblower complaint reporting that he was told that at least one Treasury Department political appointee attempted to improperly interfere with the annual audit of the president’s or vice president’s tax returns, according to multiple people familiar with the document.

Trump administration officials dismissed the whistleblower’s complaint as flimsy because it is based on conversations with other government officials. But congressional Democrats were alarmed by the complaint, now circulating on Capitol Hill, and flagged it in a federal court filing. They are also discussing whether to make it public. 

The details of the IRS complaint follow news of a separate, explosive whistleblower complaint filed in August by a member of the intelligence community. That complaint revealed Trump’s request of Ukranian leaders to investigate former vice president Joe Biden, a political rival. It has spurred an impeachment probe on Capitol Hill. 

The IRS complaint has come amid the escalating legal battle between the Treasury Department and House Democrats over the release of President Trump’s tax returns. Part of that inquiry from Democrats is over how the IRS conducts its annual audit of the president’s and vice president’s tax returns. That process is supposed to be walled off from political appointees and interference. 

That was the focus of the whistleblower complaint, whose existence was revealed in a court filing several months ago, though little about it had become public. The people briefed on its contents said, for the first time, that the complaint pertained to allegations of interference in the audit process by at least one Treasury Department official. They also said, for the first time, that the complaint revealed that the whistleblower is a career IRS official. 

The whistleblower’s account focuses on the integrity of the government’s system for auditing the president’s and vice president’s tax returns. 
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTru...9417468928

Yes... Trump's sacred and sworn duty to personally investigate corruption. And bikinis, one assumes.

Do da do da do Inspector Batshit...
Boy, he really is hanging himself. Is he? Is this it? Is this the flame out we've been waiting for?

I half expect Analog Olmos to come back just to tell me "no....no it isn't." He was right about most things..
I see this sort of behaviour and I think there has to be some sort of plan. I know the policy is when in doubt double down, if you're caught act like it doesn't matter and brazen it out. But is there no limit to that? Really? If you shoot a guy on fifth avenue would his response be just to shoot another one if anyone says that's bad?! The mind boggles.
If he shot everybody then there'd be no one to tell him that was illegal. Sounds like a plan to me..
So I was interested politically in what the defenses for the seemingly indefensible are. So far as I can tell there's the Lindsay Graham implication that the Whistleblower information is Hearsay, which as far as I can tell is a very simplistic dismissal of what is actually a legally complicated concept, ie, Hearsay can be as relevant or as dismissed as the specific context dictates. The idea that Trump hasn't technically broken a written law as such, and that what he did is not extortion from a foreign power towards a political opponent's son because "Joe Biden is not a plausible candidate as the Democratic nominee".

When you look at the defenses of the indefensible, it's almost commendable the stretching people are willing to do to appear to have some tangible sense of truth and integrity.
The doubling down and the half-assed defense theories are, and this is not the first time I've made this specific reference where the Trump family is concerned, like something out of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  Trump and his defenders will seize upon two- or three-word mantras to repeat while they're shouting, but it's mostly about the shouting.  They think they can shout the President's troubles away.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
These people really are unbelievable. Grown up (and that's debatable) Cartman is our fucking president.

Go to YouTube and watch a video called Galvatron needs Prozac (it's honestly really funny) to see a good facsimile of who's in the White House..
(10-04-2019, 07:55 AM)Reasor Wrote: The doubling down and the half-assed defense theories are, and this is not the first time I've made this specific reference where the Trump family is concerned, like something out of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  Trump and his defenders will seize upon two- or three-word mantras to repeat while they're shouting, but it's mostly about the shouting.  They think they can shout the President's troubles away.

It seems to be the most steady defense they can all agree upon, they being the very few who are willing to openly defend Trump right now, is that there's nothing wrong with the transcript at all, and to think there is would be absurd. Trump's own literal thoughts.

The most embarrassing one is EASILY Lindsay Graham. Not only is he getting hammered by endless air time of his "impeachment is not about a set of magical words which define law breaking" moment, but allllllll the clips of him moralizing truthfully on Trump, until he realized the state that gives him his job for life loves Trump and loves when he buddies up with Trump.

I don't see how you can have the stomach to go from publicly shaming Trump to licking his asshole for the sake of your state's approval and your job security and sleep at night. He openly explicitly has no integrity whatsoever. Absolutely none. All his opposition has to do is run endless footage of his hypocrisy and point out what a fake he is.
But then that's fake news. Honestly, the whole fake news bullshit might be the most damaging concept to the psyche of the American public (and I've never been convinced that, statistically, we've ever been a particularly sharp bunch at the best of times) that I've ever seen. It gives the masses a license to take any bit of news or info that they don't like or agree with and choose to believe it's falsified. It sounds absurd saying it but....how do you combat that? Fuck....man..
Rick Perry is resigning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-e...story.html
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Honestly, totally forgot he was in the admin and kinda assumed he already had resigned.

(10-04-2019, 12:27 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote: "I look at that transcript and I go, it's Trump being Trump," Johnson said, according to the Journal-Sentinel.

And there we go. 

The Republican willingness to accept any - and by this point, we really can say ANY without much exaggeration - behavior and illegality from Dildo Pumpkins still, after all this time, manages to make my jaw drop. 

It only took them 40 years to forget Nixon. (Or in the case of some [Rivera, Stone], venerate and embrace Nixon's corruption.)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(10-04-2019, 08:36 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: But then that's fake news. Honestly, the whole fake news bullshit might be the most damaging concept to the psyche of the American public (and I've never been convinced that, statistically, we've ever been a particularly sharp bunch at the best of times) that I've ever seen. It gives the masses a license to take any bit of news or info that they don't like or agree with and choose to believe it's falsified. It sounds absurd saying it but....how do you combat that? Fuck....man..

To be fair, that's been a problem even the the "Obama Golden Period."

It's the "well, it's just my opinion" as if having one automatically makes you important.  Fake News is the logical conclusion to where this country has been going for a long time: unearned entitlement based on a fairy tale, ignorance being celebrated in our media, and massive amount of insecurity and displacement due to an ever growing wealth gap. 

Oh and Religion.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

I didn't enjoy this so much as read it:

https://nyti.ms/2neKaqW

Its a NYTimes opinions piece so there may be a paywall, but I think they let you read x number of free articles/month.  This comment below the article made sense (as a glaringly obvious reason, certainly not as a justification):

It’s real simple.

The Democrats walked away from white working class voters. These voters feel that their culture and way of life is being attacked and replaced. So at the point where they feel attacked and not represented...

In walks Trump.

And now the Democratic Party still hasn’t included the white working class and Republicans are more concerned with business and the rich, so where are they to go?

So yeah, who cares what Trump does.

They are being attacked and have no one to go to. Trump is still on their side. They will stick with him no matter what. Trump wants Ukraine to help him dirt on Biden???  Who cares! Our way of life is being attacked!

So that’s it. Rightly or wrongly, nothing that hard to understand.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Well no shit. The point is: fuck the white working class. Fuck people who have spent years upon years with their heads in the sands.

Whenever this country decides to compromise with the ignorant and racist: minorities suffer. immigrants suffer. women suffer. LBGTQ suffer.

The path to social reform is to drop the dinosaurs and engage with a younger and enthusiastic voting group. But that also means having people who represent us actually be "our people," not a fucking suit who's been groom for a life of "politics."
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

Basically, if any one group wants any other group to suffer more than them...or one group is only happy if other groups are more miserable than they are....don't listen to that group. Don't support them. Don't concede to them. Don't make excuses for them. And damn sure don't empower them or legitimize that point of view. That shit should not be tolerated and needs to be snuffed out. A LEADER would encourage every group to help put forth effort to make sure other groups are not miserable. And guess what happens then? Everyone benefits. Hate doesn't win anything. If you tear a people down that doesn't put you any higher. Everyone takes everyone's well being into account, wants the best for all and all are concerned with every group doing better then we all rise. Don't blame someone else for your problems because you're only attacking them and not fixing you. I know this is all DUHHHH but hate groups are so fucking stupid. Don't look at a black American and see a black person (unless we're talking in the positive sense)...see an American. Don't look at somebody different and see the reason for your problems. Look in the mirror. Fix that. People are so fucked up and stupid..