Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best of BOND; Let's get this over with
(10-04-2019, 04:03 PM)Overlord Wrote: I'm disappointed people didn't pick up on my subtle "more appearances" joke.

I picked up on it, I just didn't bother replying to it.
Ken Adam's tanker set? Wallpaper worthy.

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 01TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 01TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 02TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 02TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 00TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 00TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 03TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 03TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 04TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 04TSWLM4K.png]

-

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 05TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 05TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 06TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 06TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 07TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 07TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 08TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 08TSWLM4K.png]

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 09TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 09TSWLM4K.png]

-

2012 FOX BD
[Image: 10TSWLM4.jpg]

2017 iTunes 4K
[Image: 10TSWLM4K.png]
Very nice!

I didn’t realize it until now but Barbara’s nipple is peaking out of her dress in that one shot at the bar.
(10-06-2019, 10:42 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: Very nice!

I didn’t realize it until now but Barbara’s nipple is peaking out of her dress in that one shot at the bar.

*scrolls back up thread
No screen shot of the British Flag parachute...booooo

I don’t see nipple.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
TSWLM is one of my favorite Bond films. Moore's best i think.
Yeah, it's the one Moore that gets Big Bond perfect.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
I think Moore himself is even better in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, but SPY represents the best all-around example of the Moore era. All of the best things about his run, with relatively few of the bad. The prototypical Moore adventure.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
The scene where Moore curtly cuts offs Anya when she mentions Tracy is great.
Yeah, that's one of my favorite beats of his entire run.  As much as I love seeing the twinkle in Roger's eyes, the times where he gets to play a very straight moment tend to land very well with me.
No Jaws screencaps??
As if Jaws only appeared in one movie.
TSMLM was my favorite Bond movie until CR. Moore making no apologies for killing Anya's lover was another dramatic moment for him.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
"Nobody Does It better" is one of favorite Bond songs as well. I don't even mind the Disco music (much).
Nice to see love for The Spy Who Loved Me for a change instead of dogging it in favor of Moonraker..
(10-07-2019, 06:13 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Nice to see love for The Spy Who Loved Me for a change instead of dogging it in favor of Moonraker..

It’s possible to love both films.
It is. And I appreciate those who do. But man, there seems to be a lot of folks around here that seem to just like Moonraker more (Moore?). I see the appeal of it. I just can't dig it though. TSWLM feels like Raiders of the Lost Ark. Moonraker feels like Cannonball Run. That's ok though.

I use TSWLM as the example that no, I do NOT only like the Craig movies cuz they're so much more gritty and brutal..
Moonraker is trash but Hugo Drax is brilliant, his bored demeanour and merest hint of annoyance whenever Bond pops up is a delight.

“James Bond. You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season.”

Plus as eco-terrorists go, he makes sure no animals are harmed in his genocidal plan, which is much better than Stromberg’s more simplistic ‘nuke the fuck out of it all and chill on the seabed’ approach.
For the record, I enjoy Drax..
I enjoy Moonraker. Though i admit the Space Marines with lasers were a bit too much.

Some suspenseful scenes. Bond trapped in that G-Gravity device for one.
By that point, the space battle was perfectly in line with the tone of the rest of it..
MOONRAKER cranks SPY WHO LOVED ME up to 11. Everything is heightened, including SPY's more questionable elements. I think it's extremely entertaining, but SPY is more of a "real" movie.

Drax is a Top 10 villain; he's more interesting than Stromberg, certainly.
I think I'd like Moonraker more if it wasn't beat for beat exactly the same movie as The Spy Who Loved Me (and You Only Live Twice). That always struck me as extremely lazy. "Eh, just re-use that last script and add more special FX. And make it a comedy!"
(10-07-2019, 10:55 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: MOONRAKER cranks SPY WHO LOVED ME up to 11.  Everything is heightened, including SPY's more questionable elements.  I think it's extremely entertaining, but SPY is more of a "real" movie.

This 100%.

Plus, the score for MOONRAKER is one of the best in the entire series.
(10-07-2019, 10:55 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: MOONRAKER cranks SPY WHO LOVED ME up to 11.  Everything is heightened, including SPY's more questionable elements.  I think it's extremely entertaining, but SPY is more of a "real" movie.

This 100%.

Plus, the score for MOONRAKER is one of the best in the entire series.
(10-07-2019, 11:27 AM)Judas Booth Wrote: Plus, the score for MOONRAKER is one of the best in the entire series.

Completely.  It was a brilliant move by John Barry to score the film "straight," rather than lean into the absurdity.  These two cues would be right at home in the most deadly-serious Bond films, for example...

Oh, no... Not again.
Huh, funnily I'm in the middle of taking MR caps. Say what you want, but it's GORGEOUS looking. Almost looks like a brand new film if you ignore Sir Rog's safari suits and flared trousers.
The BEST of Bond Brad! We're trying to get this over with!

This is no coincidence Stocks! It came up due to you posting those pics of TSWLM so everyone could see how superior to Moonraker it is..
(10-07-2019, 03:05 PM)bradito Wrote: Oh, no... Not again.

[Image: tumblr_mrvpswoziM1rpo93qo1_400.gifv]
Seeing TSWLM and MR back-to-back on the big screen a couple years ago really truly convinced me that MR is just flat-out not good.

Anyway, Moonraker...
(10-07-2019, 03:16 PM)bradito Wrote: Seeing TSWLM and MR back-to-back on the big screen a couple years ago really truly convinced me that MR is just flat-out not good.

Anyway, Moonraker...

The best of Brad. This is over with..
I should start championing Octopussy just to shake things up!
(10-07-2019, 03:11 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: The BEST of Bond Brad! We're trying to get this over with!

This is no coincidence Stocks! It came up due to you posting those pics of TSWLM so everyone could see how superior to Moonraker it is..

Just wait until you see the pics of MR. Big Grin
Pics of Mr. who?