Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
Graham was struggling to get his meaningless resolution to 50 co-sponsors, but he got there eventually.  Romney, Collins and Murkowski are the three not signing on:

https://us.cnn.com/2019/10/25/politics/l...index.html

Quote:Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, a close ally of President Donald Trump's on Capitol Hill, announced Friday that a resolution he introduced condemning the House impeachment inquiry process now has 50 co-sponsors in the Senate.

That number would give Republicans enough votes to reach a simple majority in the Senate if Vice President Mike Pence cast a tie-breaking vote in favor if it comes to the floor. If Senate Democrats were to filibuster, however, that would raise the threshold needed to 60 votes.

The resolution is critical of the way House Democrats are conducting the impeachment inquiry and calls on the House to hold a vote to initiate a formal inquiry.

It argues that the House is "denying President Trump basic fairness and due process accorded every American."

On Thursday, Graham had said on Twitter that there were 46 co-sponsors, but by Friday, the South Carolina Republican had updated the list to reflect that there are now 50. 

That leaves just three Senate Republicans who have not signed on in support of the resolution, according to the list sent out by Graham: Mitt Romney of Utah, Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. 
"Denying President Trump..."

What a crock of shit. That fat fuck has never been denied anything in his life..
(10-25-2019, 11:28 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: "Denying President Trump..."

What a crock of shit. That fat fuck has never been denied anything in his life..

Well, the love of his parents, for starters...
"I started out with a small loan of a million dollars from my father.."

I'm paraphrasing. Money doesn't equal love. But still....DICK BAG..
If there's one advocate for fairness and due process, it's Donald J. Trump! Just ask the Central Park Five, who he still thinks are guilty of a crime that our legal system has proven they didn't commit.

These asswipes just hate closed-door sessions because it means they can't go on cable news every night and gaslight the audience into believing the day's shocking revelations aren't that big of a deal.
Well I'm glad they have time for this while all the bills the House has passed sit gathering dust on McTurtle's desk.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Trump's got his phone this morning:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump-l...-meltdown/

Quote:Trump combined his attack on the Democrat by smearing the city of San Francisco as “bad and dangerous.”

According to the president, “I can’t believe that Nancy Pelosi’s District in San Francisco is in such horrible shape that the City itself is in violation of many sanitary & environmental orders, causing it to owe the Federal Government billions of dollars – and all she works on is Impeachment … We should all work together to clean up these hazardous waste and homeless sites before the whole city rots away. Very bad and dangerous conditions, also severely impacting the Pacific Ocean and water supply. Pelosi must work on this mess and turn her District around!”
I stopped on Fox and Friends Saturday about 20 minutes ago (know thy enemy, and all that), and that was the very thing the three bobbleheads were talking about. It still manages to amaze me that he just tweets exactly what that channel is covering, almost verbatim. It's like the world's shittiest watchalong.

I post this here as a palate cleanser for DJT's rampant and overwhelming ignorance...

the bit starting at 9:00 is especially relevant-

Quote:.....
It has been remarked that Elijah was a kind man. I tell my daughters—and I have to say, listening to Elijah’s daughters speak, that got me choked up. I am sure those of you who have sons feel the same way, but there is something about daughters and their fathers. And I was thinking, I would want my daughters to know how much I love them, but I would also want them to know that being a strong man includes being kind. That there is nothing weak about kindness and compassion. There is nothing weak about looking out for others. There is nothing weak about being honorable. You are not a sucker to have integrity and to treat others with respect. I was sitting here and I was just noticing The Honorable Elijah E. Cummings and, you know, this is a title that we confer on all kinds of people who get elected to public office. We’re supposed to introduce them as honorable.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
San Francisco owes billions of dollars huh. Billions..
It’s that time of the investigation where the Feds have to blow open a safe:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/...6549872641

I'll never understand the hoarding aspect of the mobster thought process. Why keep the documents once they become a liability? If you don't have time to shred them all, why not burn the building to the ground? It's not like you're not already criminals. You think you're too good for arson or something?
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
(10-26-2019, 11:45 AM)Reasor Wrote: I'll never understand the hoarding aspect of the mobster thought process.  Why keep the documents once they become a liability?  If you don't have time to shred them all, why not burn the building to the ground?  It's not like you're not already criminals.  You think you're too good for arson or something?

They think they're smarter than the law enforcement going after them, and that the stuff in the safe is what they're going to use to extort "powerful friends" into pardoning/dropping the case/etc...  Or that they might need it when they're exonerated in the future.

Also doing that would basically be an admission of guilt before a trial, making their odds of conviction go up.
God, that fucking picture up there. Posing for Mount Douche-more. Is there a fist big enough to get all of them?
(10-25-2019, 02:16 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Minny was right to ask Trump to pay in advance:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/...2874174464

Quote:The Trump campaign has over $1 million in outstanding bills from American cities, according to WaPo.

This should be the nail in the coffin in the belief that a businessman should be POTUS. That belief should have ended with Hoover, who actually was a self made millionaire. I know that the previous two administrations lead to the Great Depression, but his belief that government couldn't fix it and his concern over the deceit didn't help.  People should have remembered Bush, like Trump, ran on his success in business. However, just like Trump, he is actually a failure in the business world and the only reason he never faced any consequences is because he was born rich. I'm not it will end that belief, but it should.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Former deputy national security adviser Charles Kupperman, subpoenaed by Congress but ordered by Trump not to testify, filed a lawsuit Friday night, requesting that a federal court issue an official ruling on whether Trump's orders to refuse to comply with congressional subpoenas can be considered lawful or binding.  The ruling could be a substantial escalation, one way or the other.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
The ruling should also be able to be issued pretty easily by any sixth grader pulling a B- in Social Studies.
The United Nations warned that it may not be able to pay its staff on time because the US owes it $1 billion:

https://www.businessinsider.com/un-may-n...ts-2019-10

Quote:United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres said that the organization may not have enough funds to pay staff salaries next month as it is dealing with its worst funding deficit in a decade, made worse by an outstanding bill of $1 billion in unpaid US dues, according to a report from CNN.

Guterres revealed the dire financial situation of the UN during his speech on Tuesday. 

The Secretary General detailed the proposed budget for 2020, before going on to outline how the UN is "facing a severe financial crisis."  

"This month, we will reach the deepest deficit of the decade," he said.
With his press conference this morning, DJT continues to prove that he's a ignorant psychopath.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
The one where he announced the death of Al-Baghdadi? The language about "whimpering, screaming and crying all the way," and "he died like a dog, he died like a coward" is more fake tough guy posturing. This is how he thinks strong, powerful men talk.

Analyses from CNN:

Quote:For President Trump this is a huge boon, particularly as it comes on the heels of US troops pulling out of Syria. Trump has faced huge criticism domestically and internationally for the withdrawal, in part because it was seen as raising the possibility of an ISIS resurgence. Baghdadi’s death would give him an opportunity to deflect such criticism and take credit for the decimation of ISIS, though that process actually began well before his time.

Clarissa Ward: Baghdadi's death would be huge boon for Trump

Quote:Among the dozens of ISIS fighters and their wives and children we interviewed this spring during the battle of Baghouz, the group’s last stronghold, few mentioned the name of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. The diehards, the ones who still remained loyal to the ideology of ISIS, stressed their allegiance to ad-Dawla al-Islamiya -- the Islamic State, not to its leader.

Baghdadi never had a cult of personality. He did stress that he was a descendant of the Prophet Mohammed to burnish his Islamic credentials, but he never rose to the level of al Qaeda’s Osama bin Laden, who was recognizable the world over.

Ben Wedeman:  Baghdadi's demise would not be a death blow for ISIS
"Oh yeah, and two women and three children were killed. USA!"

----------

Yup:

https://twitter.com/DavidPriess/status/1...6292886528

Quote:You’ve gotta admit, notifying the Russians in advance but not congressional leadership is totally on brand.
There really always is a tweet!

He was apparently still golfing when the raid happened.

----------

(10-27-2019, 12:35 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: He was apparently still golfing when the raid happened.

Of course he was.  And more than likely had no idea it was going on in the first place. Probably because people knew he would have found some way to bungle it up.

It's also pointless.  It's not as if any of this suddenly makes everything okay.  Yeah, his moronic base will stan for him even more, but Breitbart could have lied about it (and shit, is there any proof this actually happened) and they'd still believe it.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

(10-27-2019, 10:10 AM)vtran Wrote: With his press conference this morning, DJT continues to prove that he's a ignorant psychopath.

He sounds like he's reading comments from your racist uncle's Facebook wall.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Fucking son of a bitch..
"No, wait! Wait! Not yet! Do you know where the server is? Let's talk! What did Hunter Biden say to you in Iran? Who gave Hillary the parachute on 9/11? Tell me about the e-mails and maybe the president can help you out with your project! Please, don't press that-"
-Rudy, seconds before Baghdadi blew himself up
The hundreds of prisoners who broke out of the hoosegow after the US ran out on the Kurds will be glad to hear there's a job opening.
Poets have tried to describe Ankh-Morpork. They have failed. Perhaps it's the sheer zestful vitality of the place, or maybe it's just that a city with a million inhabitants and no sewers is rather robust for poets, who prefer daffodils and no wonder. - Terry Pratchett, Mort
Aide: Sir, we've killed the head of ISIS.

Dildo Pumpkins: I did? Perfect! And with the election just a week away!
Gamertag: Tweakee
(10-27-2019, 12:35 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: He was apparently still golfing when the raid happened.

Quote:Everyone in the Obama photo is looking at the screen. The photos are taken from the side, not directly in front. The facial expressions of the subjects in the photos are showing concern, emotion, focus on the magnitude of what they are witnessing. Subjects are interacting. The desk is covered with open laptops, photos, pads of paper, writing utensils and drinks.

Contrast that with Trump's photo. The photo is taken from the end of the table, directly in front of the screen they would be watching. The people in the photo do not seem concerned with having their line of sight blocked, suggesting they weren't actually looking at anything. Second, no one is looking in the same direction. It is as though they are watching different screens or not even engaged. Third, and most notably, no one is interacting with anyone else in the photo. It looks like they all came in to the room and were told to look straight ahead and pretend to be serious for the photo.

Finally, look at the cables in the Trump photo. They're all unplugged.

--"Red Painter," writing for Crooks and Liars: Did The White House Stage Situation Room Baghdadi Raid Photo?
Don't go analyzing something what ain't meant to be analyzed..
The Military and Counter-Intelligence Officials are saying that Trump's Syria decisions nearly completely fucked that mission in the first place: https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/118...0320630784
That comes as no surprise. Can you imagine what those officials call him behind his back?
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
It's a good thing President Waingro didn't put anyone else in harm's w... oh wait.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti