Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
Here’s Sean Patrick Maloney going full Vincent Hanna on Sondland:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HayesBrown/st...7762122752
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
[Image: EJ1_4LgW4AE9bRM.jpg:large]
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
I'm feeling so sorry for the Americans in this thread. What a nightmare.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(11-20-2019, 05:09 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Here’s Sean Patrick Maloney going full Vincent Hanna on Sondland:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HayesBrown/st...7762122752

That exchange...wow.  Now I kinda wish we had this Maloney guy running for president.
(11-20-2019, 05:14 PM)headless fett Wrote: I'm feeling so sorry for the Americans in this thread. What a nightmare.

Actually, this has probably been one of the most cathartic days in recent memory (at least since this nightmare started). The look of sheer pants-shitting terror on Dipshit Devin's face alone made it all worthwhile. But yup...still a long way to go yet, here.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Taking a step back, the official GOP position today was so ridiculous; the implication that by denying the crime verbally while simultaneously trying to commit it, the president was somehow innocent. The sane route for Republicans would be to just acknowledge the facts, admit this behavior was inappropriate and then question whether or not its actually impeachable.

Frankly, its kind of terrifying to see it unfold like this. Whether its because they can't admit their own wrongdoing, or they are so inextricably linked to Trump as a party, or they are just scared to hurt the big wet baby's feelings, I don't know, but man - its fucking crazy to see happen in real time.
They're leaning hard on "Trump *himself* didn't *explicitly* say 'quid pro quo,' just 'Will no one rid me of the meddlesome priest?' We're in the clear!"
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(11-20-2019, 01:34 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Here's a clearer shot:

[Image: EJ1Prl1WoAMPW9f?format=png&name=small]

My favorite detail in this shot is that he's clearly carrying a stack of blank letter sized sheets of paper because he thinks it will look like a handful of official documents on camera, and make him look like a busy and important man.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
I like to think the letterhead on that note pad isn't so the recipient knows where it came from, but so that Trump knows where he is.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
God, Nunes looks absolutely fucking miserable right now during Schiff’s questioning of Cooper.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Holy SHIT, Trump going full Rupert Pupkin on the lawn of the White House.

“It’s ALL OVER!”

Ahahahahaha you pathetic fuck.

"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Right now Cooper is testifying that, despite GOP claims, the Ukranians knew the aid was being held up before the July 25th call.

https://twitter.com/Zac_Petkanas/status/...2797271042
[Image: EJ2TuYpUwAAATim.png:large]
[Image: f25.jpg]

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status...9401385984

The warehouse where I work now services over a half dozen gift shops that their parent company has strategically placed around the island of Key West, Florida. One of those shops is close to the building that President Harry Truman used as a winter White House, and therefore carries a LOT of books and knick-knacks based on the history of the presidency. We have a entire shelf of different Donald Trump coffee mugs in the warehouse, including several with different 2020 reelection campaign mottos. (PEACE! SECURITY! PROSPERITY! MADE IN CHINA!) I'm really hoping that the production on these will be discontinued in time for me to snag a bunch of them on clearance and give them out as gag gifts this Christmas.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
I can't get over his speaking notes. That's how he writes... to himself. His nearly incoherent speeches all these years weren't ad libs; they were PRE-WRITTEN.

Also, another pic reveals what that giant stack of nearly blank pages under the speech are: printed out tweets mentioning him. (Really.)
Gamertag: Tweakee
God, he's a fucking child. A goddamned eight-year-old, desperate for attention and affection.

(11-20-2019, 08:00 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: [Image: EJ2TuYpUwAAATim.png:large]

Trump pretended he was there today because he was helping to open it:

https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status/119...4618039297

Quote:President Trump just toured a Texas plant that has been making Apple computers since 2013 and took credit for it, suggesting the plant opened today. "Today is a very special day." 

Tim Cook spoke immediately after him and did not correct the record.

Not the first time this year he took credit for the creation of a plant that was already there:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1197300160491065346

Quote:Trump has now falsely taken credit for the existence of three plants he has visited this year: one in Texas, one in Louisiana, one in Pennsylvania. It's his standard bit when he visits a manufacturing facility.
The GOP might think it's escape hatch is placing the blame squarely on Giuliani because that type of questioning was put forth to Sondland:

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/stat...1886536704

Quote:Earlier today, GOP counsel Castor asked Sondland “Did you know that Rudy Giuliani has private business interests in Ukraine?"

Castor questioning Giuliani’s motives is step 1 in arguing that Giuliani was serving his own interests, not Trump’s. 

Rudy clearly sees this coming.

And did Giuliani see this coming?  Well, he went to Twitter very quickly:

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/...1887634432

Quote:Republican lawyer doesn’t do his own research and preparation, and is instead picking up Democrat lies, shame.

Allow me to inform him: I have NO financial interests in Ukraine, NONE! I would appreciate his apology.

For the record, Giuliani was a "strategic adviser" to Vitali Klitschko:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal-pro...1571092100
They're absolutely going to be pinning everything on Rudy going rogue without Pumpkins' knowledge or approval.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Trump’s DOJ retried a man simply for providing humanitarian shelter and medical aid to two immigrants at a volunteer camp set up to rescue migrants. The first jury was deadlocked. Total exoneration from the second jury:

https://time.com/5732485/scott-warren-trial-not-guilty/

Quote:Scott Warren, a geographer and humanitarian aid worker based in southern Arizona, has been found not guilty on two counts of harboring unauthorized migrants in a case that has gained international attention and called into question the role of humanitarian aid during a time of contentious crackdown on immigration by the federal government.

The 37-year-old had been facing up to ten years in prison. “The government failed in its attempt to criminalize basic human kindness,” Warren told a crowd gathered outside the courthouse in Tucson, Ariz. after the announcement of the verdict. “Everyone here did diligent, detailed and amazing work… I love you all.”

He was arrested on Jan. 17, 2018 by Border Patrol agents who had been surveilling a base used by humanitarian aid groups in Ajo, Ariz. that leave out water and food for migrants who make the deadly, and unauthorized, trek across the Sonoran Desert. The desert has claimed the lives of at least 7,000 migrants who have tried to cross it since the 1990s. Warren first started volunteering six years ago with the group No More Deaths.

“Yet again, No More Deaths has withstood the government’s attempts to criminalize basic human compassion,” wrote No More Deaths in a tweet. “We will continue to provide food, water, and medical aid to all those who need it, until the day that no one dies or disappears while crossing the deserts and oceans of the world.”
(11-20-2019, 10:51 PM)MichaelM Wrote: They're absolutely going to be pinning everything on Rudy going rogue without Pumpkins' knowledge or approval.

I'm sure Rudy will take that with good grace and quiet acceptance.
Republicans must be so furious at Nikki Haley for sending classified information over an unsecured email system.

Oh, wait, I forgot that they don't truthfully care at all.  Carry on, everyone:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nikki-hale...n?ref=home

Quote:North Korea had just tested an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of hitting Alaska, and the Trump administration was scrambling to react. But it seems Nikki Haley, Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations, had lost her password for classified communications. 

That’s why on that fraught July 4, 2017, she was typing away on her BlackBerry 10 smartphone, sending “confidential” information over a system meant only for unclassified material. 

Haley was in a rush as she headed to her office—“On my way in”—shooting emails back and forth with top aides who’d been with her since she was governor of South Carolina. She needed to make a statement, and they were drafting it for her. “Let’s clean this up,” she writes after looking at some of the copy. “Pretty this up for me,” she says.

The next day we discover what the problem is with her communications. “Can’t find my password for the high side,” she writes.

The stylistic suggestions and the apparent explanation for using less secure messages was in a trove of emails recently obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the watchdog organization American Oversight.
Lev Parnas helped set up meetings and calls for Nunes and his team as part of their investigative work on the Mueller probe:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lev-parnas...stigations

Quote:Lev Parnas, an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani, helped arrange meetings and calls in Europe for Rep. Devin Nunes in 2018, Parnas’  lawyer Ed MacMahon told The Daily Beast.

Nunes aide Derek Harvey participated in the meetings, the lawyer said, which were arranged to help Nunes’ investigative work. MacMahon didn’t specify what those investigations entailed. 

Nunes is the top Republican on the House committee handling the impeachment hearings—hearings where Parnas’s name has repeatedly come up.

Congressional records show Nunes traveled to Europe from Nov. 30 to Dec. 3, 2018. Three of his aides—Harvey, Scott Glabe, and George Pappas—traveled with him, per the records. U.S. government funds paid for the group’s four-day trip, which cost just over $63,000. 

The travel came as Nunes, in his role on the House Intelligence Committee, was working to investigate the origins of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian election meddling. 

Parnas’ assistance to Nunes’ team has not been previously reported. A spokesperson for Nunes did not respond to requests for comment. 
Sondland finding out the hearing was far from over was definitely a moment he had coming: "I thought I was done. This is bullshit."

https://twitter.com/Beaner5280/status/11...7556285441

Video at the link.

Bring him in next week too just for shits and giggles.  Taxpayer dollars going to that sounds fine.
Who called Jeff Ross to play Sondland?  You get a cookie, because he just did that on Kimmel.
Last month, for the first time since records began, the number of refugees resettled in the US hit zero.:

https://qz.com/1741113/no-refugees-were-...ober-2019/

Quote:The nosedive is the result of a State Department freeze on admissions, according to a World Relief press release, resulting in hundreds of canceled flights and yet more uncertainty for the thousands of refugees hoping to resettle in the US. The department has issued an admissions ceiling of 18,000 for the financial year 2020—the lowest in almost 30 years, and well below the number of displaced people already in the pipeline to be resettled in the US. (Ceilings for 2018 and 2019 were 45,000 and 30,000, respectively.)

There couldn’t be a worse time for it. The UN estimates there are around 26 million refugees worldwide, many of whom are victims of torture or women and girls fleeing persecution or violence. Others may be victims of the war in Syria, where the withdrawal of US troops has generated chaos and further devastation. Barely half a percent of the 26 million will be resettled at all, and even then only after a process of intensive screening from admitting states, noted Filippo Grandi, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, in a statement released yesterday. “At a time of record forced displacement in the world, lower admissions constrain UNHCR’s ability to deliver on its refugee protection mandate and diminish our humanitarian negotiating power at the global level,” he added.

Also, Guatemalan bishops don't want to see asylum-seekers sent to the jungle:

https://angelusnews.com/news/world/guate...to-jungle/

Quote:The Guatemalan bishops' migrant ministry has rejected talk of the U.S. and Guatemalan governments sending asylum-seekers to a remote and rugged jungle region rife with drug cartel activities. The bishops said conditions there are not secure for Guatemalan citizens, much less migrants.

In a Nov. 18 statement, the migrant ministry raised alarm with a proposal to send planeloads of asylum-seekers from the United States to an airport in Peten department, near the border with Belize and far from the capital of what is considered a highly centralized country with a long history of ignoring its hinterlands.

Asylum-seekers would arrive in Peten as part of a "safe third country" agreement. Such an agreement would force migrants traveling through Guatemala, who wish to apply for asylum, to do so in the impoverished country rather than the United States. The U.S. government has forged similar agreements with Honduras and El Salvador with the goal of creating a bottleneck for U.S.-bound migrants in Central America -- or, as the migrant ministry posited, "a strategy to push the United States border further south and deny access to its territory and the humanitarian asylum process."

"It's undeniable, the interest, the pressure and threats of the United States president so that countries in the region turn into safe third countries. We remind people that we are the most violent region which is not at war," the bishops' statement continued.

"Peten does not have the ability nor the infrastructure at this time to welcome, protect and integrate asylum-seekers and refugees," it added.

Under a Trump administration ruling Nov. 18, beginning in December, the U.S. will have a new screening process to determine if the U.S. or Guatemala will hear the case for an asylum-seeker.
Nice to see Nunes swinging for the batshit crazy home run first thing.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Here we go:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/statu...7972747264

And yet I predict most military voters will overwhelmingly cast a ballot for Pumpkins in 2020.

As the week goes on, I’m less and less sure he’ll be on the ballot in 2020
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I wish I shared that optimism. The fact that Republicans put Nunes and Jordan out front here tells me they don't give a damn about these hearings and know the political blow back among their base will be nil. All they have to do is hope Warren, Sanders or Biden gets the nomination, and their play with moderates is set. They can play on M4A fears with Warren and Sanders, and play the "remember Obama?/Ukraine conspiracy theory" card. That should get them at least close to where they need to be. i hate it, but there it is.

^ Warren and Sanders, maybe, but Biden is increasingly getting some nice vaccination against the whole "Ukraine"-thing with these public impeachment-hearings, and with the public finally seeing that the whole Burisma nonsense was phony horseshit right from the go. Naturally, Trump will still try and beat that drum relentlessly if Biden's the nominee (the same way he did Hillary's e-mails), but the big difference here is that public polling is increasingly showing awareness of the GOP's bullcrap in a way they weren't showing back in 2016.

I'm pretty sure Nunes has mentioned Trump's nudes in every opening statement so far. What a time to be alive.
Someone should ask Nunes about that.