Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GODZILLA vs KONG: ONE. WILL. FALL. Pre-Release Discussion (2020)
(11-26-2019, 02:01 AM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: Good things are worth waiting for.  I just hope the delay isn't the result of studio interference.

No. They have to do a couple reshoots but Kong is holding out for more money and Godzilla didn't ask for any so it's a whole thing now.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
New York fans of a certain age are geeking out about getting a friggin' King Kong movie for Thanksgiving next year. And he fights Godzilla in it? Perfect.

Those who know will understand.
Mighty Joe Young, when it hit about 11AM on WWOR was my favorite part of the day
(11-26-2019, 06:26 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 02:01 AM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: Good things are worth waiting for.  I just hope the delay isn't the result of studio interference.

No. They have to do a couple reshoots but Kong is holding out for more money and Godzilla didn't ask for any so it's a whole thing now.
I call bullshit if Godzilla is getting paid less than Kong!
(11-26-2019, 11:08 AM)doc phibes Wrote: New York fans of a certain age are geeking out about getting a friggin' King Kong movie for Thanksgiving next year. And he fights Godzilla in it? Perfect.

Those who know will understand.
 The WOR Godzilla triple feature on the day after Thanksgiving is a personal happy childhood memory for me. I hope Crazy Eddie earned a nice retirement fund thanks to all of his holiday sales.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Yeah, but will "Jack Palance" be starring in it?

I'm heartbroken.
PSN: Kriegaffe
Leaked footage of Kong punching Godzilla:

https://twitter.com/moshosite/status/120...6943579137
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
Our boi Kong vury thic now
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Absolute simian unit. Fuck yeah.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
For the spoiler-phobic, it's a brief one second shot from a sizzle reel shown at the same Brazilian con where the Wonder Woman trailer premiered. Just enough to see how the monsters compare in size from their profiles, really.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
I want the movie to end on a freeze-frame mid-punch, like ROCKY III.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(12-08-2019, 09:00 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: I want the movie to end on a freeze-frame mid-punch, like ROCKY III.

Godzilla and Kong must high-five.

"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Also acceptable.
I want to see Kong knee before the true King of the Monsters, but I know that isn't how its going to end.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
(12-08-2019, 09:32 PM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: I want to see Kong knee before the true King of the Monsters, but I know that isn't how its going to end.

Same. I do really like Kong, but the Big G is my boy.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

If Kong has moves like Apollo, then Godzilla may have some problems on his hands.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
Kong is too big. Unless Godzilla is at some weird angle that makes him look smaller (like he's still climbing out of the water*), Kong appears taller.

*Huh, maybe Kong's suckerpunching him.
(12-09-2019, 12:41 AM)electrichead Wrote: If Kong has moves like Apollo, then Godzilla may have some problems on his hands.

That's true, Kong will be much tougher to beat than a golden 3 headed dragon that can fly and breath lightning and can actually grow those heads back instantly.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Kong might have some killer footwork...

The idea that Kong was going to give Godzilla any trouble after what we saw Godzilla do to Ghidora was always silly.

I'm sure Godzilla's power-up was a one-off, but it still seems that he wouldn't have any problems dealing with Kong in the end.

I'm still looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Irritated that this got pushed back so far.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
(12-09-2019, 01:28 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Kong is too big. Unless Godzilla is at some weird angle that makes him look smaller (like he's still climbing out of the water*), Kong appears taller.

You do remember John C Reilly's character saying Kong was basically a teenager and still growing in SKULL ISLAND, yes?

I don't think there is a satisfying conclusion other than both monsters teaming up to take down whatever Charles Dance's ecoterrorist has made out of that spare Gidrah head. They seem to have telegraphed a movie in advance that they know fans will take sides and that both sides will walk away happy.

I won't, unless there's a high five at the end, but I appreciate the thought in any event.
Starscream Rodan better make an appearance.
Wingard's been consistent in saying it won't be a draw. Whether he's outright lying or being cagey remains to be seen.

It won't be a draw because they'll both beat Mecha King Destoroyah.
Git' in under mah belly!
Yeah, it's gonna be the classic Marvel "two heroes who don't know each other meet and each thinks the other is a villain and fight for a bit until they realize the misunderstanding and unite against a common foe" angle.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(12-09-2019, 07:25 AM)MichaelM Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:28 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Kong is too big. Unless Godzilla is at some weird angle that makes him look smaller (like he's still climbing out of the water*), Kong appears taller.

You do remember John C Reilly's character saying Kong was basically a teenager and still growing in SKULL ISLAND, yes?

Yeah. But now he's too big to be an underdog.
(12-09-2019, 09:01 AM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Yeah, it's gonna be the classic Marvel "two heroes who don't know each other meet and each thinks the other is a villain and fight for a bit until they realize the misunderstanding and unite against a common foe" angle.

Well, to be fair, Godzilla movies were doing this back in the 60s.  Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster being a prime example.

Toy leaks:

https://i.redd.it/h1gf1mndbe941.jpg
Mechagodzilla?

Interesting.
There's a weird red monster on the top left behind the Skullcrawler. I don't think it's Rodan.
Also Godzilla with what looks like some kind of red armor overlay.
I wonder if they're gonna have MG start off in a zillasuit disguise.
Given the blink-and-you-missed-it fictional news article about Monarch building a "mechanized giant" on Skull Island in KOTM's closing credits, this iteration of Mecha-Godzilla may very well be something they're putting together with the intent to have a backup to keep the skull scrawlers in check once Kong grows old and dies.
Wonder when we get a trailer for this.

Mechanikong or GTFO.
Git' in under mah belly!