Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tenet (Christopher Nolan -July 17, 2020)
(08-29-2019, 03:20 PM)Nooj Wrote: the T isn't upside down!

**sigh**

I know, that's why I put a gif of Hugh Jackman from The Prestige pounding his fist next to it. Perhaps if that is not displaying, the joke may be missed.
oh! I guess I just focused on michael going "you're very smart, shut up!"

hahahahah

my mistake!

the upside down T was the prestige!!!
My reaction to that video, RCA:

[Image: yes-wait-wtf.gif]
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
We'll give you an ∀ for effort.
(08-29-2019, 03:26 PM)MichaelM Wrote: My reaction to that video, RCA:

[Image: yes-wait-wtf.gif]

Well, I couldn't tell if you were being serious and since things like sarcasm can often be misinterpreted in text, I thought I would go super positive rather than react as if you were saying something negative. Wink

The chorus to the song is "Me and Michael, solid as they come".

You know what they say, if you have to explain a joke...and I am doing a lot of explaining... so...

Anyways, all good. I was really just reacting to the upside down T, and since Nolan is known for twists, I think Nooj nailed it with saying the upside down T is the prestige. That made me chuckle.
I was trying to be funny without being mean! So....gently sarcastic?

("You're very smart. Shut up." is a quote from The Princess Bride!)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

I don't know what that teaser is about. But then again, wasn't the inception teaser just as vague?

Also...man I remember that first time walking out of Inception and me and my friends were just mind-boggled about it. It's a silly film, like Nolan's films always end up being, but Nolan's craft is so undeniable that it always feels like you're watching a more "adult" blockbuster. Hopefully we get some of that here too.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

(08-29-2019, 07:20 PM)MichaelM Wrote: I was trying to be funny without being mean! So....gently sarcastic?

("You're very smart. Shut up." is a quote from The Princess Bride!)

No worries! I am surprised I didn't get the reference. I love the The Princess Bride.
The MPAA just gave "Tenet: Prologue" a PG-13 rating "for violence and intense action."

https://www.filmratings.com/Content/Down...lletin.pdf

IMAX Rise of Skywalker is gonna drop the first 10-odd minutes of this. I ain't speculating that.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
New, mostly non-informative story about this film at EW:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/18/tenet-c...irst-look/

Choice bits:
  • John David Washington is indeed the hero/main character.
  • Was shot in seven different countries.
  • Full trailer hits this weekend.

Haha, Pattinson is dressed even more like Nolan than Leo in Inception.
I bet this is basically a James Bond movie with some scifi patched in.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
My mind is reeling at the thought of this being Nolan's "most ambitious" movie. Sounds cool!
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
My poor vision thought Nolan had given away a big twist that it was actually young Denzel in the pic with Pattinson.

As a pretty unashamed Nolan fanboy, it goes without saying I’m psyched for this.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Prepare your ears for Robert Pattinson mumbling Dylan Thomas poetry into a brown paper sack, in earth-shattering IMAX sound!

I'm seeing Star Wars on regular small screen first, so I'll have to wait a week or two to see the prologue.

I can imagine Tenet borrowing some more stuff from Christopher Priest books. "A Dream of Wessex" is very Inception-y, minus the action.

This is gonna be wild.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Looks like Nolan's made his actual Bond film with straight up SF elements.

Fuck YEAH.

yeah, I'm in.
Looks cool, but "SEE TRAILER IN THEATER FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT" made me laugh out loud. The most on-brand message Nolan could have possibly left.
That looks good!
Oh man. I’m excited for this.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

I watched it on my phone with no sound.

The way Nolan wants me to experience it.

My WiFi connection was a little shitty too.
You are so lucky Nolan hasn't developed the technology to disable inferior playback!

Yet.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I'll wait to see that tonight, I think.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
A new Nerd Michael Bay film? Meh.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I love Nolan but this feels like a trailer for a Nolan parody--the music, the typeface, the wooden dialogue, Pattinson's Nolan hair (and Martin Donovan felt like he wandered in from a mediocre TV pilot). Eh. Sound mixing and editing were also very rough, have to kind of think they rushed this trailer to get it in front of the Christmas movies.

That said, y'all let me know how the 6-minute Tenet prologue is when you go watch TROS in IMAX.
the empire never ended
There was a 6-7 minute action sequence from TENET shown before my IMAX screening of SW:TROS tonight. It was excellent, essentially a prolonged assault on an opera house. The action was great and pretty involving, much better than anything that I saw in TROS.
A few interesting bits seen this way.

(12-19-2019, 11:56 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: There was a 6-7 minute action sequence from TENET shown before my IMAX screening of SW:TROS tonight.  It was excellent, essentially a prolonged assault on an opera house.  The action was great and pretty involving, much better than anything that I saw in TROS.

But was it much better than Cats?
(12-20-2019, 12:09 AM)bailey Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 11:56 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: There was a 6-7 minute action sequence from TENET shown before my IMAX screening of SW:TROS tonight.  It was excellent, essentially a prolonged assault on an opera house.  The action was great and pretty involving, much better than anything that I saw in TROS.

But was it much better than Cats?

It was much better than CATS.  I’m going to see it again and again and again.
I also saw the IMAX prologue for this like Judas and yeah, it looked great. It also didn’t give me any more of an idea of what the hell was going on than that trailer did.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
I read the theory somewhere (reddit?) that the second "backwards" half of the word Tenet is ten, like the first half - and that ten seconds might be the amount of time that these weird guys can control/ rewind/ foresee.
How does this sound to the guys who watched the prologue?
I buy that.
(12-20-2019, 02:19 PM)Mr. Pretzel Wrote: I read the theory somewhere (reddit?) that the second "backwards" half of  the word Tenet is ten, like the first half - and that ten seconds might be the amount of time that these weird guys can control/ rewind/ foresee.
How does this sound to the guys who watched the prologue?

They gain this ability by using the Dagger of Time (a dangerous artifact once owned by a Maharajah).

For much of the film the main character is sitting in a diner waiting for Jessica Biel to walk in.

Im full in for this
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81