Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats Pre-Release
Day 1 patches for movies. What a time to be alive.
(12-21-2019, 07:41 PM)mondguy Wrote: Day 1 patches for movies.  What a time to be alive.

Please consider lending a hand if you can, or posting my gofundme link elsewhere in Social Media Land.

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=162311&pid=4721386#pid4721386
At a bare minimum, they should allow anyone who saw the flawed version the ability to see the fixed version for free, assuming anyone would want to see it again.
In which Judas will not stop until he's killed me.
Please consider lending a hand if you can, or posting my gofundme link elsewhere in Social Media Land.

A movie getting a patch. WTF.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
They should do this with Spawn.
(12-21-2019, 08:24 PM)bradito Wrote: They should do this with Spawn.

"Good news everyone!  The Hell scenes now look like PS3 renders instead of PS1!"
Man, Ridley Scott had to wait like ten years to patch his movie.
Now that the precedent is set, everyone will start doing it, haha. Opening night viewers will be beta testers.

Peter Jackson patched Smaug in the opening scene of Hobbit 1 for the first bluray release. He kept changing his mind about whether Smaug's forearms came out of his wings or not.
Literally every time there was a bad special effect featured in a trailer like the glass ceiling crashing in QUANTUM OF SOLACE I always read comments like “they’ll improve it on final cut” and yet always ALWAYS it looks like the effect was never really touched further!

I can only think of one effect being improved and that was simply the shot of Harry Potter striking a sword in the empty air when in the finished film he’s striking it in a giant snake’s head.
Having been unable to stop thinking about this singularly bizarre movie all afternoon and into the evening, I think I owe it to everyone who posts on this board to recommend that you all see Cats before it leaves theaters. Of the two new releases making headlines this weekend, this is the memorable one, the one that will make for a story somewhere down the road.

(12-21-2019, 07:15 PM)bradito Wrote: Maybe it's a special edition??

If by "special" you mean with added scenes and edits, then the answer is no.

If by "special" you mean "desperate attempt on the studio's part to avoid a complete dumpster fire," then the answer is yes.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
It's the director using modern tools to realize his vision! Rum Tum Tugger licked his own ass first.

"We needed four more days to make the movie perfect! It's perfect now. See for yourself."
Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/bdgrabinski][/url]@bdgrabinski

Tom Hooper shot LES MIS without a clicktrack and created a fiasco in the edit and then made CATS without mocap or tracking marks. They're putting out a new version because the current one has Judi Dench's human hands and a guy in a hoodie in the background. Hollywood is amazing.
They should give this guy a star war!
(12-22-2019, 07:26 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: They should give this guy a star war!

He'd film without the use of blue screens!  Just in-costume actors on half built sets!
(12-22-2019, 08:05 PM)JMurdoch Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:26 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: They should give this guy a star war!

He'd film without the use of blue screens!  Just in-costume actors on half built sets!

Chances are good it wouldn't be any worse than what we just got.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

(12-22-2019, 01:47 AM)Reasor Wrote: Having been unable to stop thinking about this singularly bizarre movie all afternoon and into the evening, I think I owe it to everyone who posts on this board to recommend that you all see Cats before it leaves theaters.  Of the two new releases making headlines this weekend, this is the memorable one, the one that will make for a story somewhere down the road.

FUCKING THIS.

I will not pretend that Cats is good—it is not. Not even close.  But this is the movie that people will be talking about for years.  It’s incredibly absurd, amusing, and extremely uncomfortable and horrifying.  But I would absolutely drag unsuspecting victims friends to see this again, just so I can see their faces contort in both laughter and horror.
"There's only one question to resolve. I'm scared. I feel a little crazy. I'm not lucid. The assumptions are right. I can feel my fear growing. Now is the time for the answer. Just one question. One question to answer.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
[i]WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

[/i]

(12-21-2019, 06:24 PM)hammerhead Wrote: Fun fact: A version with revised/completed-late FX is already being rolled out, and expected to be onscreen by Tuesday.

Post launch DLC. For movies!?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Git' in under mah belly!
I tell ya, one extra layer of fun from reading and watching all the reviews is that a surprising number appear to have no familiarity with Cats at all.
So it's not just about disliking the animation and performance and all that stuff it's a case of "Oh you didn't know Cats was batshit in the first place? As well as looking like a CG nightmare? Well strap in."

A lot of reactions like "Is this the real show or did they change it?!"

I almost feel a little sorry for the film in that regard. It's like it has been shoved out of the safety bubble of the actually extremely weird musical theatre space into a world with a whole different set of expectations like a tragic Dancing Homer of a production dragged before a cynical mainstream. I think the reaction would be a similar level of bafflement even if it was made with no CG at all.
It's been almost a week and I still have the goddamn songs stuck in my head.

A dude that I follow on Twitter has seen this twice.
(12-27-2019, 07:36 PM)bradito Wrote: A dude that I follow on Twitter has seen this twice.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10128470]
Oh Rob Bricken. Never stop.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-importa...1840599747
(12-27-2019, 09:28 PM)Felix Wrote: Oh Rob Bricken. Never stop.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-importa...1840599747

Quote:Victoria: When does the magic happen?

Old Deuteronomy: Hmm? 

Victoria: When does the magic happen? Like, when do you do the spell that reincarnates her?

Old Deuteronomy: This is the magic. 

Victoria: …

Old Deuteronomy: Yes?

Victoria: The balloon.

Old Deuteronomy: Yes.

Victoria: The balloon is the magic?

Old Deuteronomy: Yes.

Victoria: No it’s not.

Accurate.

"I HAVE ENSLAVED TINY MUTANT NIGHTMARE MICE TO PERFORM FOR MY PLEASURE" is definitely going in my quotes file.
(12-27-2019, 07:47 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 07:36 PM)bradito Wrote: A dude that I follow on Twitter has seen this twice.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10128470]

He's one of those dudes whose obsession with bad movies seems kind of performative.
"This is the worst thing ever! I'm literally throwing up blood in my mouth!

"Again please."
Git' in under mah belly!
I have seen the film. I have survived, but like Oracle from the Matrix, it has exacted a cost on my soul.

Reasor is right. it is something that has to bee seen. I went to a Regal Cinnebarre where they would bring me drinks during the film. I need Dame Judi Dench to do another film before she dies because this cannot be mentioned by journalists in her obituary. Dench either owed the devil a favor or is a victim of elder abuse.

I think Ian Mackellen as Gus the theater cat is actually just the autobiographical. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt had it right: you too can join the cast of Cats by just dressing up and jumping on stage singing a song that introduces your character. Gus goes from bar to bar exchaning stories of the glory days of theater for drinks. I can see MacKellen's scene from Extras where he describes his process getting Sir Ian a few drinks at a pub.

Idris Elba...whoo boy... Rebel Wilson's surreal introduction actually made me think of the existential terror that is being a mouse or cockroach in this world.

To be honest, having never seen the show live, this could easily have been an actual stage filming. Every scene is set on a what feels like 5 green walls that are digitally replaced for what every scene we set in.
"Wilford Brimley can't be bothered to accept praise. He doesn't act because he thinks people will enjoy his work. He acts because it's his goddamned job." --Will Harris, AV Club
I'd watch a whole movie of just Rebel Wilson and Jame's Corden's characters. Call it, FATS.
Git' in under mah belly!
HEY GUYS PIGEONS ARE ALSO NOT HOTELS
Just this guy, you know?
Drinking games with the home DVD release of Cats will be how I evaluate whether people qualify to be my friends from now on.

(12-31-2019, 09:17 AM)Reasor Wrote: Drinking games with the home DVD release of Cats will be how I evaluate whether people qualify to be my friends from now on.

What would the rules be?

Asking for a friend.

"Get out alive, with some semblance of liver function?"

(12-30-2019, 11:45 PM)MrTyres Wrote: Rebel Wilson's surreal introduction actually made me think of the existential terror that is being a mouse or cockroach in this world.
I think going over to FurAffinity and punching in "rebel wilson fatsuit matroyshka vore" as search terms is now a valid method for summoning the Cenobites, but I'm not going to be the first.