Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War Drums
https://mobile.twitter.com/DeanBaker13/s...9210131456
Not so much tooth!
Reza Marashi of the National Iranian-American Council with a chilling thread - https://twitter.com/rezamarashi/status/1...9173348352

Quote:"All Trump cares about is shitting on Obama's legacy, sucking up to donors, and distracting from impeachment. None of this is about American interests or security. He's surrounded by ideological lunatic sycophants like Pence and Pompeo. But they're far from the only ones."

"One of Trump's top Iran advisors got suckered into a honey trap, had their laptop/iPhone stolen and hacked before they woke up, and the White House refused to take precautionary measures regarding their security clearance. Ladies and gents, I give you the Trump administration."

There's so much more at the link.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Susan Rice, National Security Advisor under Obama, on the current dumpster fire of foreign "policy":

"It’s hard to envision how this ends short of war."

This thread on Twitter should give everyone the fucking cold sweats and nightmares:

https://twitter.com/rezamarashi/status/1214031169173348352?s=20&fbclid=IwAR1Nr3PZaZNjAAaLgDkUpgcT1bha9ZHpUycMFRq6XJhcQD91m-Apfr6DLyw

Some choice entries:

"When did most of us find out about killing Soleimani? After it already happened. Since then, we've been trying to cobble together contingency planning on the fly, but these charlatans ignore most of it, and then Trump does more stupid shit that puts us back at square one."

"All Trump cares about is shitting on Obama's legacy, sucking up to donors, and distracting from impeachment. None of this is about American interests or security. He's surrounded by ideological lunatic sycophants like Pence and Pompeo. But they're far from the only ones."

"One of Trump's top Iran advisors got suckered into a honey trap, had their laptop/iPhone stolen and hacked before they woke up, and the White House refused to take precautionary measures regarding their security clearance. Ladies and gents, I give you the Trump administration."

(For those wondering who the fuck Marashi is and why should we grant him credibility: Marashi joined National Iranian American Council (NIAC) in 2010 as the organization’s first Research Director, after four years in the Office of Iranian Affairs at the U.S. Department of State. Prior to his tenure at the State Department, he was an analyst at the Institute for National Strategic Studies (INSS) covering China-Middle East issues, and a Tehran-based private strategic consultant on Iranian political and economic risk. Marashi is frequently consulted by Western governments on Iran-related matters. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, Foreign Policy, The Atlantic, and The National Interest, among other publications.)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
https://twitter.com/hesamodin1/status/12...7662446592

Quote:We have ZERO problems with the American people. We even achieved deals with previous US administrations.  Our sole problem is Trump. In the event of war, it is he who will bear full responsibility.

Well hey, we know where he spends most of his time....
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
That's very considerate of him!
So, all someone on Fox News has to say is 'Well, a real president that actually won the popular vote like Obama would go over to Iran and fight the Iranian army himself!' and bam, problem solved.

Welp, Iran has launched missiles against at least one US base in Iraq: https://twitter.com/juliamacfarlane/stat...4553563136
I'm terrified for the people of Iran right now. Fuck.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Times like these, I sure am glad that I only live 15 minutes away from the Mall of America.

Around a dozen missiles in total, two facilities used by US troops targeted: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1214701448811831296
So far, no word of any American casualties.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump][/url]@realDonaldTrump

All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Donald Trump did not write that.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
this projecting motherfucker....

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Has anyone considered that Pumpkins... could be a man detached from time?!?!?

2013 Dildo thinks he's living in 2019, while 2019 Dildo thinks he's living in a future America where we've turned the entire world against us and descended into a 3rd-world state.

Instead of a stupid asshole, he could actually be a TIME-TRAVELING stupid asshole!
Gamertag: Tweakee
Is there an old tweet from way back when that says, "I resign?"
I was listening to The 11th Hour earlier. As of now there haven't been any casualties. The hope is that maybe that no American deaths will keep Trump form escalating with another attack. I know its very likely that Trump will continue to make things worse, but believing there is a chance that there won't be a war is keeping me from flipping out.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Our best reason for hope is that our President is a massive coward.
Not sure why his personal cowardice would deter him in this case. Not sure there's any reason to think his massive ego and small peepee syndrome wouldn't be the more important factors when it's other people who are going to die.

Our best hope is that he can't do whatever he wants and that competent military people are actually in charge (not that that fills me with confidence either... but it's better than the alternative.)
His cowardice is -massive-. We've seen it on display numerous times where he makes a big, puffed up bullying declaration... then completely shrinks when his target doesn't cower. Look at N. Korea.

What he always wants is an easy win. Even he knows that war isn't an easy win. The idea of losing seems to be the one thing that shakes his fantasy world. Look at how pathetic his legal depositions have been, or how multiple reports said he was pouty and sullen on election night before it turned in his favor.

The danger is that Fox News will report that Iran would be an easy win.
Were we trading missiles with North Korean military targets? This is a completely different thing. He's the idiot who openly wonders why we don't just use nukes. He's going to need to be managed. He's not going to back down when it's not his skin on the line.
(01-08-2020, 02:15 AM)bailey Wrote: Not sure why his personal cowardice would deter him in this case.  Not sure there's any reason to think his massive ego and small peepee syndrome wouldn't be the more important factors when it's other people who are going to die.

Our best hope is that he can't do whatever he wants and that competent military people are actually in charge (not that that fills me with confidence either... but it's better than the alternative.)

"Competent military people" are a large part of why this stuff escalated as much as it has.  They were the ones that suggested Soleimani as a target in a "this is the crazy option no one would really take but we could totally do it" suggestion.  To a crazy man.
I'm seeing reports that the Iranian missiles didn't actually hit anything, that they struck near and around the bases? Warning shots, maybe?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(01-08-2020, 06:49 AM)jmacq1 Wrote: "Competent military people" are a large part of why this stuff escalated as much as it has.  They were the ones that suggested Soleimani as a target in a "this is the crazy option no one would really take but we could totally do it" suggestion.  To a crazy man.

This exactly. It's clear that enough military people - leadership and otherwise - are itching to use US force with little regard for the consequences. Or worse: knowing what the consequences could be (in this case, war with Iran) and wanting them.

(01-08-2020, 07:58 AM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I'm seeing reports that the Iranian missiles didn't actually hit anything, that they struck near and around the bases?  Warning shots, maybe?

Some talking heads last night speculated the missile strikes were basically Iran threading the needle of looking strong to their own people (complete with propaganda about American casualties) while being "soft" enough not to provoke actual escalation from the U.S.

Those in politics and the media who want this to escalate are going to make a point of describing Al-Asad airbase and the base in Erbil as "American bases" in order to provoke a feeling of defensive outrage in their audience.  It'll be a useful shibboleth to separate the pro-war spokespeople from everybody else.  These bases belong to the Iraqi government, who are also demanding our departure over the Soleimani assassination. It's not a small distinction, it's one that defines whether Iran has attacked us or not.
They were all rattling the sabers on Lou Dobbs* last night; Big-Head Seb even suggested that the missile attack was Good, Actually because now we know Iran is a threat and its the perfect opportunity for our Supreme Leader to showcase his military might to the world:

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/statu...1594996736

*Presidential Adviser Lou Dobbs
Well this isn't suspicious AT ALL

https://www.newsandguts.com/video/176-pe...s-in-iran/
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Speeches about how now the world will see our strength isn't just movie villain shit, it's extremely corny movie villain shit. This is Darth Maul itching for a fight with the Jedi in Phantom Menace.
Now is a very good time to watch Threads, folks.

Y'know, just to get an idea of what's coming. It even starts with US intervention in Iran!
Getting all Alex Jones up in hurr

Russia ain’t chucking nukes over some mullahs.
(01-08-2020, 12:09 PM)Munson Wrote: Getting all Alex Jones up in hurr

Russia ain’t chucking nukes over some mullahs.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news...index.html

t sounds like, for now at least, we're not going to war.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

TFW you realize that you live in a world where, essentially, Iran has to be responsible for talking the US down.
Trump was so drugged up during that press conference that "Adderall" is now trending on Twitter. Here's a compilation of the 58 times he did that heavy sniffing thing during his short speech - https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/121...8119127040

He also had a helluva time trying to say "tolerated" - https://twitter.com/KenidraRWoods_/statu...4630091777
I like the random audio of his pronunciation of 'terrorist' (TURRRST) inserted into that montage for good measure.

His spray-tan jobs are looking more half-assed these days. They aren't even bothering with the sides, just a couple pumps from the front is all they have time for before they roll him out in front of the cameras.
This 'press conference' was delayed something like 30 minutes...??

I can only imagine that one of the reasons was makeup related.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Jesus fuck he sounds incredibly doped up.

Also, Americans should be "extremely grateful"? Grateful that your fucking lack of any kind of cohesive foreign policy hasn't resulted in an actual war and American casualties?