Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Achievements
Thanks Michael!

And a belated congrats on the D&D book!
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
I was recently immortalized in comic form, which was not something I ever thought I would say.

It's been an exciting morning around here:

https://riotfest.org/2019/12/ganser-bees-comic/

(12-06-2019, 01:07 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: I was recently immortalized in comic form, which was not something I ever thought I would say.

That's your band?!?
(12-06-2019, 04:02 PM)Bucho Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 01:07 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: I was recently immortalized in comic form, which was not something I ever thought I would say.

That's your band?!?

Nope.  I wish!

I'm just the schmo who tweeted about getting stung by a bee, and got lucky enough to have it included in the comic.
(12-06-2019, 05:25 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 04:02 PM)Bucho Wrote:

That's your band?!?

Nope.  I wish!

I'm just the schmo who tweeted about getting stung by a bee, and got lucky enough to have it included in the comic.

Ha! That makes more sense, I was thinking this was a gargantuan case of either humility or lead-burying, or both. Congrats anyway!
Minor personal achievement: my very first turkey!

[Image: 78838954_2630632533681592_30709773369134...e=5E80CA42]
Somewhere has earned the Gobble Gobble Achievement (Bronze)!

Looks good!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
So I managed to do one more bit of writing before the year ends:

https://bartcave.wordpress.com/2019/12/2...-allegory/

...in which I argue Hans Gruber and John McClane represent the corruption of Baby Boomer ideals from the 1960s!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
New year, new review. Unfortunately, whoever typed out the title at the paper screwed up. Oh well.

[Image: 82500445_587867205390386_187489955423977...e=5E98B9AA]
Congrats HP, onward and upwards!
I un-quit drinking!
(01-08-2020, 04:03 PM)Bucho Wrote: Congrats HP, onward and upwards!

Thanks!
(01-08-2020, 04:08 PM)bradito Wrote: I un-quit drinking!

Can't you let somebody have something in this thread without chiming in with some dopey and unneeded response?
Congratulations on getting to call J.J. Abrams "shockingly inept" in print! I'm jealous!
Heh thanks! I really should frame that.
Congrats hp!
Thanks!
Congrats to all you writers! Those were both good stuff.

And congrats to Brad!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(01-08-2020, 05:14 PM)mike j Wrote:

Can't you let somebody have something in this thread without chiming in with some dopey and unneeded response?

How about I run all of my posts by you first, so you can evaluate them for dopiness and necessity?
So I accomplished something this week: the first part, 50 completed pages of my 200-odd page graphic novel comic book, on which I've turned a once-aspiring writing career into a mere drawing hobby. I'm only three weeks behind my initial reckoning, although I'm still on track to finish the whole thing before I'm pushing fifty-- so that's something, anyhow.

But that I've gone this far means I *will* finish this fucker, come hell or high water (sunk costs and all that)-- so that's also something. 

I feel like posting here because I was rather pleased with myself earlier tonight and told my wife about completing this first part... And she asked me if I remembered to roll out the recycling bin.

Here's some random pages, sans context and dialogue, should I get hit by a bus tomorrow:

Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
Nice. Diggin' the style.
Thanks... My best friend, and former writing partner, I'm pretty sure *doesn't* dig my style, which is probably why we don't work on things together anymore.
Well done slim, that's so rad!
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
I'm also digging the style! Clean, strong, has energy.

Also, as someone who's recently picked up a long-abandoned WIP of my own, I can only cheer you on, slim. Keep going! Keep us posted!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Nice work, Slim!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Appreciate the good words, fellas.
Bad Slim! No hurting doggies!

Aside from that very deeply-considered note, it looks literally awesome and I have already started writing my own fan fiction to fill out the speech bubbles myself.
Well dang, now that Bucho mentions it those pages of blank balloons are just begging for some kind of Burroughs cut-up treatment.
Slim, that’s some great stuff. Really liking it.
(01-09-2020, 03:25 PM)Bucho Wrote: Bad Slim! No hurting doggies!

Aside from that very deeply-considered note, it looks literally awesome and I have already started writing my own fan fiction to fill out the speech bubbles myself.

Unfortunately, they're Nazi dogs. Although I guess I could have the hero make friends with them like LeBeau in Hogan's Heroes.

Anyway, here is a dialogue scene if you're curious. These pages are probably due for some art fixes though.

Hurry up and finish it so we can read it Slim you goddamn tease!
See you in about three years.
"About your face...well, that big gash on your cheek seems to be smoking. Did you open a portal to Hell in your epidermis?"
(01-08-2020, 10:34 PM)bradito Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 05:14 PM)mike j Wrote:

How about I run all of my posts by you first, so you can evaluate them for dopiness and necessity?

Or you could, you know, accomplish something and use the thread for its intended purpose. Or be happy for someone who's accomplished something.

Wild ideas, I know.
I talked about my own personal achievement of staying sober in this thread, Mr. Thread Police. I've since fallen off the wagon, but I'm a flawed person.