Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE BATMAN (Matt Reeves, 2021)
Co-publisher Dan Dildo has been fired from DC comics.
That stunt double looks like the "I'm not wearing hockey pads" guy. If he lost a bunch of weight.

Suit looks fine though.

The real ending to Big...
(02-21-2020, 09:52 PM)serpico jones Wrote: Co-publisher Dan Dildo has been fired from DC comics.
That can't be his real name.
(02-21-2020, 10:13 PM)atomtastic Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 09:52 PM)serpico jones Wrote: Co-publisher Dan Dildo has been fired from DC comics.
That can't be his real name.

Didio but come on.
It was a funny typo!
(02-21-2020, 09:52 PM)serpico jones Wrote: Co-publisher Dan Dildo has been fired from DC comics.

That is both kind of surprising and not surprising at all. The comic industry has been a total shit show the last few years, with ever decreasing sale and titles nobody is reading. Actually, by this point it's been more than a few years now, now it's like half a decade.

I'm honestly slightly surprised Disney and Warner Bros. still keep the publishing side of their comic book companies around. Sales have been so bad (and the movie side so big) I figured they'd just license the rights out like Marvel does video games and let others publish them. Marvel did actually doing that a little, but they're also still doing stuff themselves too.
I wish they started with the assumption that Batman is so badass that he'd never need to worry about taking a shot to the body, and the build the suit from there. That premise (mostly) worked for Netflix Daredevil*.

(* I know a major plot point of the first season was him needing an armoured suit, but it was stupid and they reverted to the original ninja suit by S3)
PSN: Kriegaffe
The Affleck "sort of" skin tight grey material was PERFECT. It looked very lightweight like cloth Batman, but you could also sell it as some type of high tech weave that could stop a knife. I don't mind this suit as a Year One deal, but if this takes us away from the Batfleck design philosophy for a decade I'ma be PISSED.
Affleck suit was pretty perfect. I wonder if the reaction to it in Justice League under the altered color grading hurt that style of suit? Because the reactions to it in that movie were pretty bad, even though people seemed to really like it before that. Then again it could just be because they're getting a new actor and what a new direction...even if that new direction is a decade old now.

I still want to see some superhero thing use the silicon style suit Weta created for Ghost in the Shell. Batman, X-Men, Fantastic Four it'd work for any movie suit that's meant to sell a classic style superhero costume before they all became practical because of The Authority and The Ultimates.
Hrrm. That suit looks like something the idiot HAWKY PADDZ guys in TDK would slap together.
So about that new Batsuit....

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comme...fx6p/damn/

.... Actually, it still might be a coincidence. But I wouldn't mind if that particular character showed up in a Live Action DC movie someday.
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/...1425958912

FWIW- I'm thinking that the Batmobile doesn't really need taillights...

[Image: ESSHpVRXUAAzJlC?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: ESSHpVWWAAALoTr?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: ESSHpWFX0AA47-x?format=jpg&name=large]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Looks a little too cobbled-together for my taste.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I like this Mad Max Batman.
Looks better than the tank.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
Looks like an actual car I dig it
(03-04-2020, 03:33 PM)atomtastic Wrote: I like this Mad Max Batman.

Bats and the Furious
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Looks awesome. Grounded and tactile.
Looks kinda vulnerable to gunfire to me.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
It just looks too much like a stripped-down, normal car to me. I get that we're supposed to be seeing a fairly new-to-the-job Batman, and he likely hasn't yet found a way to apply his billions in the design of a bespoke vehicle for his alter ego without attracting the attention of somebody somewhere... but it looks like something any old gearhead could have probably come up with.

That said, it's hardly a deal-breaker for my interest in the film.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Looks kinda 6000 SUX to me, which is to say--

Feeling a little better about the Batsuit too, from what I can see, tbh.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
I'll have to see it in motion.

But it looks dumb as hell not in motion.
It feels like that car that would have been in the Batman they were planning where he was a mental patient or whatever that worked at a garage.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
As something different and an early prototype, once again, sweet.

As the primary car? Still prefer the BvS car tank hybrid.
The more grounded they keep this at kick off the better and that car is a perfect start.

I mean, the MCU already fucked the new Spidey right from his very first fillum by WAAAAAAY overpowering his suit.

This is a chance for DC to show those Marvel bullyboys how it's done.
His suit isn't OP you dip!

It's some silly suit AI stuff that has nothing to do with his performance.
Oh, you mean the AI is just there to keep him company and doesn't make his job easier than it would be without the AI?

Forget everything I said then, give Bruce a time-travelling spaceship in the first new Bats film.
I don't remember what's her name helping much. Sure Pete has like web grenades and stuff, but normal Spider-Man has all of those neat little tools. He just builds them himself in the comics. Which I prefer. I like Pete as a super genius.

I don't really care for this DIY Batman. Batman Begins was enough of that for me. If it's great, then great. But his ears are too long and it's making Bradito happy and I hate it.
The advanced gadgets are cool, but if you're a storyteller worth a dang you don't START with them. In any first Spidey film you already have a kid with SUPERPOWERS. You give him the basic web-slinging and let him use those two things and his wits to prove himself. He doesn't need gadgets yet.

Same with Bats. If you don't like DIY Batman you just ain't punk enough.
(03-05-2020, 03:48 AM)Bucho Wrote: The advanced gadgets are cool, but if you're a storyteller worth a dang you don't START with them. In any first Spidey film you already have a kid with SUPERPOWERS. You give him the basic web-slinging and let him use those two things and his wits to prove himself. He doesn't need gadgets yet.

I think you're selectively forgetting the climax of Spider-Man Homecoming where he had to beat the Vulture with nothing but his wits and his homemade pajama suit. That was the whole point, if he was nothing without the Stark provided super suit, then he didn't deserve to have it, and in the end he proved that he didn't really need it.
Git' in under mah belly!
The rear engine is fake, it's just to attract bullets!

Design-wise, I like the shape of the cutaway around the engine going in to the batfins. The front reads as Dodge at first glance, then you notice the details in the grill and hood that differentiate it. It's not too busy, which is different than most of these kinds of cinematic vehicles.

I like the scrappiness of it. Good for powersliding around the streets of Gotham, maybe not so good for ramming things or taking Penguin rocket blasts. It would fall apart like...a regular car.
(03-05-2020, 03:48 AM)Bucho Wrote: The advanced gadgets are cool, but if you're a storyteller worth a dang you don't START with them. In any first Spidey film you already have a kid with SUPERPOWERS. You give him the basic web-slinging and let him use those two things and his wits to prove himself. He doesn't need gadgets yet.

I like how it makes me think of The French Connection or Bullitt or all the great 70's car chases. I can't wait to hear that fucking thing ROAR like a demon through the streets of Gotham in the most badass Batmobile chase ever filmed.

I just hope everything I'm seeing is SUPPOSED to be prototypes of a very young Year 1 or 2ish Bruce Wayne. I just want the fucking Comic book Batman done relatively faithfully onscreen one time. Zack had the PERFECT chance to do that in BvS, and in a lot of ways he came SOOOO close. But then he's like 50 pounds too heavy with muscle and he's slaughtering people left and right and he's old man Batman and FUUUUUUUUUCK. Just give me Batman ONE TIME! Animated Series in live action!
Fuck all these retro Batman movies, I think it’s about time for a film version of Batman Beyond

(03-05-2020, 04:11 AM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: I like the scrappiness of it. Good for powersliding around the streets of Gotham, maybe not so good for ramming things or taking Penguin rocket blasts. It would fall apart like...a regular car.
All the bonus points if it goes out like the Bluesmobile.
I'm liking the car. It reminds me of the more low-key Batmobiles from the 70s comics.

(03-05-2020, 10:22 AM)vtran Wrote: Fuck all these retro Batman movies, I think it’s about time for a film version of Batman Beyond

I'd still like to see them go full retro and make a Batman movie set in the 1930s.