Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The Democratic Party Going Forward
Oh, I'm definitely still voting in the primaries, it just feels like this will be long decided before then.
(03-11-2020, 02:14 PM)leto ii Wrote: Mine’s next week (the Illinois primary). Will definitely be voting for Biden then.

Mine's also next week (Ohio). Part of me wants to vote for Biden just to get it done but part of me wants to vote for Warren, if she's on the ballot, simply because she was (and is) my preference.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Guys, sorry for butting in, but can we maybe press pause on the primary talk for a moment and get back to Michael Shaver?
Yes.

And I'll repeat: Michael, please talk to us.

Nick, if you're able, please reach out to Michael. Or anyone else here who might have his contact information.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Michael - If you don't want to talk to us, please talk to someone.

Tell them what you told us.
Yes, Michael, please talk to us.  Tell us about your favorite movie.  Anything.  Let's get a dialogue going.
Has anyone been able to reach him?
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(03-12-2020, 08:19 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Has anyone been able to reach him?
I sent him a private message in the hopes he might reply, either to me or in this thread. It didn't bounce back, so his account is still active. I'm guessing others have reached out as well?
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Yes, no response.
Does anyone here know how to contact Michael Shaver outside the boards, his real name, or any contact information whatsoever. Anybody get him in the Christmas gift exchange? His home town? I am combing through his old posts right now.

And to Michael, if you happen to glance here, you've been incredibly brave against great odds.  I know you're in a dark place, but please don't give up.

Can an administrator or moderator here find out who he is through the email address he signed up with or an IP address? I know that is against privacy rules but this seems serious.
Not so much tooth!
Hopefully he's okay.

Any word?

ETA: I see the other thread now.
What are you guys referring to with Michael Shaver? I'm just curious.
(03-12-2020, 08:07 PM)history buff Wrote: What are you guys referring to with Michael Shaver? I'm just curious.

This post one page back:

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=155122&pid=4681581#pid4681581

https://politics.theonion.com/tulsi-gabb...1842268489?
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

I'm just glad I no longer have to maintain a slight worry that Sanders would pick Gabbard as VP.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(03-12-2020, 08:14 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 08:07 PM)history buff Wrote: What are you guys referring to with Michael Shaver? I'm just curious.

This post one page back:

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=155122&pid=4681581#pid4681581

Wow, I really hope he's okay.
We got word over in the Depression thread that he is, thankfully.
Glad to hear it!
Police find former Governor candidate Andrew Gillum in a motel room with meth and a guy overdosing - https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politic...65641.html

I'm surprised catartik hasn't posted this story as definitive proof that Democrats are just as bad as the pure evil he supports on a daily basis.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
I've heard it theorised lately that part of the reason Bernie did better last time is he was not only an alternative to Trump but to Hillary (And I still maintain that, even though there might be some good reasons to not like her, the vehement hatred of her that stretches across the political spectrum is a total victory for thirty years worth of Right wing media narrative jamming).

I've also been listening to people talk about who a Biden preidency would be likely to draw on for staff and there's a lot of Hillary ajacent/Hillary related/People tarred with the Brush of Hillary still going to be likely choices for positions. Biden and Obama themselves are tainted in this way also.

The people in question weren't intending to paint this picture, I don't think, but, holy crap I think you folks might be in for another referrendum on Hillary Clinton with a Biden candidacy. (whether it works or not is another matter, of course. But really if the loathing is that strong they'd be mad not to use that angle. I guess these days people can just set a campaign meme loose in the wild and see how it goes and then lean in if it seems to get some traction, or disown it if it doesn't work).
I was wondering how many more Clinton hagiographies are going to make their way to cable TV and streaming services before Biden announces his VP - who will be the de facto President, given Biden's degenerative neural condition.
I feel kind of bad for Bernie, in that Corona is making the most compelling case possible for universal health care, to the widest possible audience, just as his window to come back and secure a delegate lead before the convention is closing.
On NPR at lunch there was a reporter that traveled with Sanders that said he wasn't all that concerned with the Coronavirus until this week when the shit got real. She had asked him about it before, but he just made jokes about it, and basically brushed it off with, 'he had a campaign to run'.
Not so much tooth!
(03-13-2020, 04:40 PM)schwartz Wrote: I feel kind of bad for Bernie, in that Corona is making the most compelling case possible for universal health care, to the widest possible audience, just as his window to come back and secure a delegate lead before the convention is closing.

You know, if BS does become POTUS he cans put forward (again) super-mega/M4A/universal healthcare legislation but unless it passes in congress, it doesn't mean shit.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(03-13-2020, 04:40 PM)schwartz Wrote: I feel kind of bad for Bernie, in that Corona is making the most compelling case possible for universal health care, to the widest possible audience, just as his window to come back and secure a delegate lead before the convention is closing.

You're kind-of assuming that Sanders' primary goal is to become President, rather than to see M4A become a reality?

Because we've heard the other M4A candidate (Warren) say she'd be thrilled if she lost but her policy ideas got adopted.
(03-13-2020, 05:36 PM)farsight Wrote:

You're kind-of assuming that Sanders' primary goal is to become President, rather than to see M4A become a reality?

Because we've heard the other M4A candidate (Warren) say she'd be thrilled if she lost but her policy ideas got adopted.

I assume he wants both, like a person would.
I dunno, I just don't feel bad for a guy who couldn't manage to be likable while trying to give people health care, greater wealth equality and free college.
A sign of hope for people who are not feeling great about a Biden Presidency:

"JoeBiden's campaign confirms that he has reviewed @ewarren’s bankruptcy plan closely, and is endorsing her proposal, as he said in his IL town hall. That's a significant shift, as the proposal would largely undo the 2005 bankruptcy bill the two clashed over in Congress."

Having a President that actually listens to other people would be a massive improvement that we should not diminish.
(03-15-2020, 12:09 AM)farsight Wrote: A sign of hope for people who are not feeling great about a Biden Presidency:

"JoeBiden's campaign confirms that he has reviewed @ewarren’s bankruptcy plan closely, and is endorsing her proposal, as he said in his IL town hall. That's a significant shift, as the proposal would largely undo the 2005 bankruptcy bill the two clashed over in Congress."

Having a President that actually listens to other people would be a massive improvement that we should not diminish.

We can probably expect an endorsement from Warren pretty soon, probably before Tuesday.  That'd seal the deal for Biden.
Photo 
Elizabeth Warren is *still* on it.

Attached Files Image(s)

frankiesmithart.com
INPRNT Shop (for prints)

"I like arguments" 
Prince

[Image: image0.jpg]
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee.

PSN ID: anakinsdad

Funny that meme is using an episode of King of the Hill involving a cult. It’s pretty ironic, considering it probably was created by a loyal member of the Bernie Bro cult.
PSN Handle: chetripley80
[Image: 3soi5d.jpg]