Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blade Runner Apreciation Thread
I just took a look at my 4K UHD of BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT

It contains the 4K UHD disc and a blu-ray disc of THE FINAL CUT. No other versions of the film are included on disc.

The other two discs are DVDs of DANGEROUS DAYS and the enhancement archive.
My DVD set comes in a Voight Kampff case with a little origami unicorn!
I remember that!
A signature piece in my vast collection of films in an outdated viewing format!
I have the fancy korean DVD release of OLDBOY that comes in a purple gift box

I also got the expensive Japanese KILL BILL set that had a T-shirt and a tiny sword!
I still have that as well. I believe the Briefcase Edition also came in Blu and HD-DVD?
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(03-27-2020, 01:31 PM)bradito Wrote: [. . . ]I prefer the Theatrical version [. . .]

(03-27-2020, 03:29 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: If you prefer the director's cut over the theatrical, the Final Cut really is the optimal version [. . .] It's my favorite version.

A disagreement!  

I prefer the International Theatrical Cut.

I like the voiceover. Sue me!
(03-27-2020, 04:42 PM)bradito Wrote: I like the voiceover. Sue me!

The international cut preserves the voiceover!!  I LIKE IT, TOO!!!!!

I appreciate what the DC and FC are doing, but I think Ridley Scott second-guesses himself too much. It was fine in its original form.
(03-27-2020, 04:47 PM)bradito Wrote: I appreciate what the DC and FC are doing, but I think Ridley Scott second-guesses himself too much. It was fine in its original form.  Release the Snyder Cut.

I like the noir voiceover and the "happy" ending has never bothered me.  Sometimes the studios are right.

I still like the Workprint the best.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
According to the special features, Guillermo Del Toro prefers the theatrical with voice over, and still watches it on laserdisc.
Del Toro has the right idea.
Not on Beta?

Phony!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Frank Darabont's rant about the theatrical cut voiceover:

On the other hand, the bad ending offers us some of the only Stanley Kubrick outtake footage we'll ever see, so its existence isn't totally without merit.
(03-27-2020, 03:29 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: If you prefer the director's cut over the theatrical, the Final Cut really is the optimal version.

It adds back in the violence and cleans up some of the special FX without feeling obtrusive. It's my favorite version.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

The DC was the first version I saw, so seeing the theatrical version for the first time from the 2007 Blu Ray edition was very jarring. 

Having said that, if the theatrical version was without any merit, there would've been no cult following in the first place.
Voiceover: "Rrrrreeeeeeeplicants...thurr like, human robot things. Watch me...eat the noodles now. Slurpa slurp. I'm a noodle boy man. Somebody gemme a lighter. Good take? We got it?"
"'Sushi.' That's what my ex-wife used to call me. Raw fish."

How could Deckard be a Replicant if he was once married?
Well, you know, he got the four-year itch.
Maybe he only remembers being married and/or divorced.
Boolsheet!
What’s awesome about Blade Runner 2049 is it managed to be a sequel to both endings of Blade Runner. And either way, Rachel dies a year later in childbirth.

Wonh wonh
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop