Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
Trumpocalypse Now
(10-03-2020, 02:57 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: I can’t help wondering if he was sweaty and mildly symptomatic during the debate.

That or the adderall.
I would kill to see Trump's toxicology report.
The sixth anniversary of this tweet was YESTERDAY:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...3056359424

Quote:The Ebola patient who came into our country knew exactly what he was doing. Came into contact with over 100 people.Here we go-I told you so!
(10-03-2020, 12:33 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Who else has the Piano Exit portion of Layla on repeat?
"Layla" was the first thing that came on the radio when I was driving home from work yesterday. It definitely felt apropos.
Line I came up with (though I'm sure someone else came up with it also), and I think it's a good one:

"Amy Covid Barrett event responsible for sickening several top Republicans, which is fair since she sickens most liberals."

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(10-03-2020, 03:30 PM)commodorejohn Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 12:33 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Who else has the Piano Exit portion of Layla on repeat?
"Layla" was the first thing that came on the radio when I was driving home from work yesterday. It definitely felt apropos.

“We had to just stand there and take it, and there was nothing we could do about it. Joe Biden was elected president, and Trump was not.”
Quote:Poe: Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this the Masque of the Red Death
Poe: it's about these debauched elites who party as the peasants die of a deadly plague
Poe: but then get an ironic comeuppance
Barker: a little on the nose don't you think
Poe: what

Barker: you haven't been following the news today huh
Poe: well i've been working really hard on this story
Barker: haha oh man edgar
Barker: oh boy haha
Barker: you're gonna laugh
Poe: what happened
Barker: oh boy are you gonna laugh

[72 hours earlier, across the country]
Trump: and we got six rooms! each a different color! so many colors! some people say we have all the colors. all six of the colors. we love our colors don't we folks
Trump: and a clock that strikes ominously every hour! we love our clock!

Trump: some people - not a lot but some - say there's dark figure in a blood-splattered funeral shroud in the seventh red-illuminated room
Trump: they're being very rude to me about it

Trump: so the lying failing new york times says there's a red death specter at this party
Trump: but i pulled on his death robe and there was nothing underneath
Trump: nothing underneath, folks!
Eric Trump: it was fake news! fake news, right, dad?
Trump:
Trump: who are you

source
https://mobile.twitter.com/TVietor08/sta...5577930752

Video from Trump at Walter Reed:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1312526228989997056
Just this guy, you know?
Well, it's not in front of a green screen like yesterday's dispatch, but I'm going to call bullshit on this having been filmed today.
There also seems to be some weirdness after he says "therapeutics." He either has some kind of spasm or there's some kind of cut to hide a coughing fit.
Just this guy, you know?
"Covid 19 or whatever you want to call it."

I turned it off after that.
Usually when I'm feeling okay, I don't have to read that from a prepared statement.

Please consider lending a hand if you can, or posting my gofundme link elsewhere in Social Media Land.

http://citizens.trouble.city/showthread.php?tid=162311&pid=4721386#pid4721386
I would like to think that Trump now wishes Hilary won, because if that happen he wouldn't have caught Covid-19. Even as dim witted and narcissistic as he is, I think that is a possibility. It would only happen for a brief second, but it could happen.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
"I would've won this election if it wasn't for you meddling Democrats and your Chinese financed small donations!"
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(10-03-2020, 04:01 PM)Fafhrd Wrote:
Quote:Poe: Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this the Masque of the Red Death
Poe: it's about these debauched elites who party as the peasants die of a deadly plague
Poe: but then get an ironic comeuppance
Barker: a little on the nose don't you think
Poe: what

Barker: you haven't been following the news today huh
Poe: well i've been working really hard on this story
Barker: haha oh man edgar
Barker: oh boy haha
Barker: you're gonna laugh
Poe: what happened
Barker: oh boy are you gonna laugh

[72 hours earlier, across the country]
Trump: and we got six rooms! each a different color! so many colors! some people say we have all the colors. all six of the colors. we love our colors don't we folks
Trump: and a clock that strikes ominously every hour! we love our clock!

Trump: some people - not a lot but some - say there's dark figure in a blood-splattered funeral shroud in the seventh red-illuminated room
Trump: they're being very rude to me about it

Trump: so the lying failing new york times says there's a red death specter at this party
Trump: but i pulled on his death robe and there was nothing underneath
Trump: nothing underneath, folks!
Eric Trump: it was fake news! fake news, right, dad?
Trump:
Trump: who are you
source
This got me to finally getting around to reading the original story, with Tales of Mystery and Imagination playing in the background. Improved my mood immensely.

Edit: ahahahaha and the Wikipedia page for the story has already been edited with a link to the page on the WH COVID outbreak. Brilliant.
(10-03-2020, 07:55 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: There also seems to be some weirdness after he says "therapeutics." He either has some kind of spasm or there's some kind of cut to hide a coughing fit.

Speculation is that somebody used the Adobe morph-blend to try to hide the cut. But the twitter video compression is already so bad it's kind of hard to figure out what's just compression artifacts and what's editing artifacts.
I can't wait for that unpaid editor's saucy tell-all book.
Eric Trump testifying to the NY AG on Monday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KatiePhang/st...1620340736

Dude’s going full Sean Penn in At Close Range. At this rate, an October Surprise is gonna be a normal day.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Senior White House official: “There are hundreds and hundreds of people who work on-complex, some who have families with high-risk family members. Since this whole thing started, not one email has gone out to tell employees what to do or what’s going on.”

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/...ealth.html

Quote:The White House is at war with the virus, with itself, and with reality — though not necessarily in that order.

With President Trump hospitalized for COVID-19 at Walter Reed medical center, officials spent Saturday sowing doubt about his condition instead of offering clarity and reassurance. Doctors and members of the White House staff provided conflicting information about the timeline and progression of the president’s illness, making a bad situation even worse. Asked what it’s been like for insiders trying to get information about the president and the virus spreading through the government, a senior White House official told Intelligencer, “That’s easy. We don’t get any."

On Thursday, officials learned that Hope Hicks, one of the president’s closest aides, tested positive for COVID-19 just before Trump boarded Marine One en route to a fundraiser at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club. The White House sought to keep the story from getting out, which meant keeping much of its own staff — who, like the president, had been exposed to Hicks — in the dark. More than a dozen people connected to the White House tested positive by Saturday evening.

“Ninety percent of the [White House] complex most certainly learned about it in the news, as has been the case ever since,” the senior official said. “There are reports that COVID is spreading like wildfire through the White House. There are hundreds and hundreds of people who work on-complex, some who have families with high-risk family members. Since this whole thing started, not one email has gone out to tell employees what to do or what’s going on.”

The senior official told Intelligencer that not only is there no reliable information flow internally regarding the president’s condition, but there’s also no reliable information about anything else. Even his most senior staffers find themselves in the same predicament as those on the outside looking in. An opaque system designed to protect the White House from negative press is backfiring. “I think most of it is paranoia about leaks,” the official said, “Yet … the leaks continue.”
Trump is a derailing train no city wants:

https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/...0098561025

Quote:Washington, that supposedly broken and dysfunctional city, was doing an excellent job of preventing any major outbreaks of the coronavirus.

That is, until Trump--who loves to rail about D.C.--held an event in the Rose Garden that completely defied the city's guidelines.
Well, at least, he wasn't pointing it at his crotch while driving:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bul...d=msedgntp

Quote:A man participating in a pro-President Trump auto parade on Saturday morning allegedly fired a gunshot into another vehicle during a dispute in Hilliard, Ohio, cops said.

Nobody was injured in the road-rage incident on Interstate 270 in suburban Columbus, according to authorities.

Todd Crawford, 58, was accused of shooting a single bullet from a .45-caliber pistol into the cabin of a trailer truck. Crawford, of Homer, Ohio, faces a third-degree charge of discharge of a firearm on or near premises, authorities said.

The Hilliard Division of Police said dispatchers received a call around 10:44 a.m. reporting that a shot was fired from a black Ford F-150 pick-up truck. An investigation into the shooting was ongoing, according to a statement released by the police on Saturday night.
So I guess the Ford F-series is basically the official vehicle of white supremacy? I always thought it'd be the Hummer, but I guess rage-fueled soccer moms already ruined that one.
Follow the link to see a zoomed-in look at the paper, which seems to be blank. Not the first time the Trump administration has tried to pull something like this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewFeinber...6711149569

I still can't get over the gag reflex. Said obsession reminds me of the SNL skit where Phil Hartman plays Oliver Stone trying to solve the conspiracy behind Bush puking on the Japanese PM.
I mean, in Australia our politicians are cunts, no question. But that's pretty much it - they're just cunts, pure and simple. There's no circus, no signing blank sheets of paper, no conspiracy...
Just...you know...cunts.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
More violence:

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/statu...7670386688

Quote:Violent Trump supporter at a rally in Texas assaults a peaceful counter-protester

Video at the link.
Photo 

...don't do it
lol I'm a big fan of Trump's 'Working Meeting Photo Op'. Whether he's just on his way to play some golf or is holed up in a hospital infected with a deadly virus, the plan is always the same: [shrug] I dunno, maybe we can sit him behind a desk with a blank stack of papers and hand him a sharpie?
Dr. Conley fucking this up even more today:

What he says: Trump can be discharged Monday.

What the news says:

-Supplemental oxygen confirmed in the WH on Friday by Conley... today
-"Has to check" if he received it yesterday (???)
-"It came off we were trying to hide something, which wasn't necessarily true" - WTF? So you know there's a coverup and you're trying to cover it up?
-Conley says Trump's lungs have "expected" findings, but "nothing of major clinical concern" regarding Trump's lungs. Is this how Orwell defines pneumonia?
-He's receiving dexamethasone, which is a very heavy-duty drug for COVID.

Jesus.

Source: Kyle Griffin's Twitter, which has been reporting nonstop all weekend.
So if the president is feeling great again, why can't he hop on a phone or Zoom to tell us how he's feeling great again?
He also said he was "trying to reflect the upbeat attitude of the team." Which is a fancy way of saying sugar-coating it.
Just this guy, you know?
A doctor:

https://twitter.com/Craig_A_Spencer/stat...7424282630

Quote:So dexamethasone was found to be beneficial ONLY in patients on a ventilator OR on oxygen.

NOT on patients who don't need oxygen.

There was even the possibility of harm in that patient population.

They say 'expected findings' on CXR/CT:

I would expect bibasilar ground glass appearance. But could also be more consistent with pneumonia?

They didn't say 'normal', so not normal.

The President is now on at least 3 medications:

Regeneron mAbs
Remdesivir
And now steroids (dexamethasone)

And still no hydroxychloroquine FYI.

Personally, I don't think we are getting full transparency.

There are still some important missing data points here.

We don't know about last negative test. Fever course (is it no fever ON antipyretics?). Imaging results. Abnormal labs.

The timeline still doesn't add up.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't discharge a patient on 3 medications - including one that's only given by IV. Of course he's a different patient and they can undoubtedly do a lot of this in the White House.
[Image: EjfAaR_UYAIaLM3?format=jpg&name=900x900]