Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fox News - this is not satire
Resting Tuckface.
Just watching the most normal news channel on the planet

[Image: Ek0JBivXYAAfkYa?format=jpg&name=large]
Carlson's attacking the basics of journalism, and journalists are standing up for one of their own:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/nbc-news-c...-her-work/

Quote:On Wednesday night, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson did a segment going after the work of NBC News reporter Brandy Zadrozny, saying, “Her job is personally seeking out and identifying information about anonymous Trump supporters online.”

He brought on Darren Beattie from Revolver News, who accused Zadrozny of “doing everything she can to unearth anonymous Trump supporters basically so she can ruin their lives.”

“Why would NBC News be doing something like this?” Carlson asked.

Beattie said journalists like her are trying to “crush the rebellion of the American people against their corrupt ruling class associated with the victory of Donald Trump.”

After the segment aired, a number of other journalists — including some NBC News colleagues — came to her defense. NBC News PR tweeted a statement defending Zadrozny and saying, “Brandy is an incredible and meticulous reporter. We’re proud to call her our colleague.”

NBC colleague Ben Collins called out Carlson over the “disgraceful” segment and said that Beattie “spent the day tweeting retributively” after she emailed him for a story she was doing about his site:

Lots of tweets at the link.
lol Lou Dobbs is telling his viewers not to vote for Lindsey Graham because his committee hasn’t gotten to the bottom of Obamagate yet. You truly hate to see it.

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/statu...6251070466
Hee hee hee hee hee.
Wow, when a Republican attacks another Republican for not getting something done, you know they really fucked up.
It's quarantine for several Fox News bigwigs/anchors:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/just-in-fo...to-debate/

Quote:Several big names at Fox News Channel have been advised to quarantine after a fellow passenger on a private charter flight from New York City to Nashville for the presidential debate tested positive for Covid, including Fox News Media President Jay Wallace, chief political anchor Bret Baier, anchor of “The Story” Martha MacCallum, and two of the hosts of “The Five,” Dana Perino and Juan Williams.

The news was broken late Sunday evening by the New York Times, reporting that everyone who was on the flight has been advised to get tested and to quarantine.

Fox News has not publicly confirmed the story, citing the need to protect confidential personal health information, but the network’s affected anchors are reportedly making plans to host their shows from their homes this week.
*sad trombone*
https://twitter.com/JennaEllisEsq/status...1671439360

Quote:The ENTIRE hour of @TuckerCarlson and Tony Bobulinski didn’t trend once.

Twitter is a joke.

This response wins the night:

https://twitter.com/JonIsAwesomest/statu...7472935936

Jesus Christ this is hilarious. Tucker Carlson had documents on the way to him from LA that would have blown the Hunter Biden story wife open. But guys, they were STOLEN. No more copies exist of it. If only there was a way to digitally scan documents and send them through email. Dammit.
https://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson-c...ail-video/
A dog ate his homework?
(10-28-2020, 10:33 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: A dog ate his homework?

And he has this really hot girlfriend that lives in Canada who's not on social media.
Tucker Carlson is the answer to the question "What if LOL wore a bow tie?"
DAMN! If only he could have scanned them, or taken iphone photos, or not sent them through a public service, or emailed them...

Damn LIBERAL NINJAS!
Wait, they entrusted these highly sensitive documents to the same government agency they claim isn't qualified to safely handle mail-in votes and then something happened to them? Is there gambling going on in this establishment as well?!?
Just this guy, you know?
(10-29-2020, 06:47 AM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Wait, they entrusted these highly sensitive documents to the same government agency they claim isn't qualified to safely handle mail-in votes and then something happened to them?  Is there gambling going on in this establishment as well?!?

lol.  It really shows the contempt Fox has for its audience that it's just shitting out a bullshit excuse.  

Because, again, anyone with a fucking brain would go: well, why didn't you just scan a copy you idiot?
"There's only one question to resolve. I'm scared. I feel a little crazy. I'm not lucid. The assumptions are right. I can feel my fear growing. Now is the time for the answer. Just one question. One question to answer.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

If ever anyone needed proof as to the bullshit nature of this phony scandal, this is it.

Maybe Tucker should ask these guys:

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020...fa89070e12

Yes... "hackers" stole it.
I laughed pretty hard when Tucker made that obvious lie about those fake documents. Amazing.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Well, obviously:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/tucker-car...h-package/

Quote:Tucker Carlson cast doubt on the explanation he received from UPS about the lost Biden documents that were returned to him on Thursday, concluding that the “obvious explanation” for their disappearance was an intentional act of sabotage.

Carlson had revealed the night before that documents allegedly related to Hunter and Joe Biden were sent to him in Los Angeles in preparation for his Tuesday interview with Tony Bobulinski. But the contents of the package, he informed his audience, mysteriously never arrived. Without making any specific claims, Carlson implied something nefarious might have transpired after the package left their custody, as part of a plot to protect the 2020 Democratic candidate from further scrutiny.

His hints at a conspiracy theory, as well as the implication that he had lost these critical documents forever (Carlson had made copies), drew intense online mockery after his revelation.

On Thursday, Carlson updated his viewers with the good news that the documents, which had been on a thumb drive, had been returned by UPS, the delivery company in question.

“Last night we told you of about a pretty weird experience we had,” he said. “Somewhere along the way the contents of the package disappeared and inside it was a flash drive. We made a copy of those files before we sent them.”

"They vanished on the same day we were conducting a heavily publicized interview based in part by documents from the Biden family, so as you can imagine we wanted to know what happened,” Carlson continued. “Unfortunately we still don’t know what happened. This morning, UPS issued a press release announcing they had found our flash drive, and then were boasting about their customer service.”

Carlson granted that they had quickly recovered the lost item, but still noted that the company had lost it first. And then provided more details about the discovery that led him to suspect foul play was at work.

“[Executives] claimed that the flash drive was found on Monday night by hourly employee in the UPS building on 43rd Street in Manhattan and suggested it may have been sitting on the floor there. They couldn’t prove that because, remarkably, in a room or millions of high-value packages are are handled, there are no security cameras. That’s what they told us. UPS told us the employee who found our flash drive simply dropped it on top of a supervisor’s desk. Our documents sat there undiscovered for more than 24 hours before we announced on television that they were missing.”

The lack of details beyond that did not satisfy Carlson.

“How did our flash drive get separated from the package that we sent it in? That seems like something worth knowing. The envelope was securely sealed, and we know that. UPS does not dispute that. Was the package torn open accidentally by a machine? That seems unlikely and UPS says that almost never happens,” Carlson explained. “So we are left with the obvious explanation. Someone, for some reason, opened our package and removed a flash drive containing documents that were damaging to the Biden family. We would love to know would do that and why. It would be helpful to see the envelope itself, but UPS says can’t because they threw it away. So here we are, we got our flash drive back today, and that’s great.”

“But what we’d really like…are some answers,” he concluded.
I mean, he should be grateful it wasn't FedEx. They'd find the drive on Monday, fail to deliver it on Wednesday, hold it at the "local" (~40 mi. away) processing center until Thursday, and then finally deliver at 8 P.M. on Saturday.
UPS would toss it into a room full of angry gorillas for an hour, then flip a coin to decide whether to deliver it or just leave it in a ditch.

I had to ship Very Important materials priority overnight to a company for a few months, and they required me to send one copy FedEx and one copy UPS. Even after we'd done this a dozen times and FedEx was 100% while UPS was 50% and I was begging them to let me switch from UPS to USPS, they still stuck to the plan.

I was sure that one day the UPS truck would crash into the FedEx truck, managing to fuck up both deliveries at once.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Reading Tucker's monologue in his very trademark confused, very concerned, brow-furrowed voice makes it all the funnier in that he is basically just spending five minutes asking "just how does mail work, anyway?"
(10-30-2020, 09:39 AM)schwartz Wrote: Reading Tucker's monologue in his very trademark confused, very concerned, brow-furrowed voice makes it all the funnier in that he is basically just spending five minutes asking "just how does mail work, anyway?"

the only way that story even remotely works is because Fucker Carlson knows that most oh Fox's base barely knows how the internet works.

So, "sending a flash drive with important information pertaining to corruption in an election season in which both sides doubt the capabilities of the postal system" makes total sense.
"There's only one question to resolve. I'm scared. I feel a little crazy. I'm not lucid. The assumptions are right. I can feel my fear growing. Now is the time for the answer. Just one question. One question to answer.

(10-30-2020, 11:28 AM)ska oreo Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:39 AM)schwartz Wrote: Reading Tucker's monologue in his very trademark confused, very concerned, brow-furrowed voice makes it all the funnier in that he is basically just spending five minutes asking "just how does mail work, anyway?"

the only way that story even remotely works is because Fucker Carlson knows that most oh Fox's base barely knows how the internet works.

So, "sending a flash drive with important information pertaining to corruption in an election season in which both sides doubt the capabilities of the postal system" makes total sense.

So now I'm confused.  I was under the impression that the only copy of the documents were hard copies being sent via UPS.   Now we find out that it was a flash drive and that copies were made.   

So Tucker Carlson HAD the documents in some form when he was complaining about what many were led to believe were the only copies being lost enroute to him.   So he could have told that story and said "Little did they know, but we used a 'scanner' to 'digitize' the documents and sent it over electronic mail over the world wide web.  And here they are" 

There's only three possible options here:

1.  There are documents but they are unspectacular and prove nothing. 

2.   Someone sold Tucker "explosive" documents but FOX News did their due diligence and found them to be fake. 

3.  There were never any documents and it's all bullshit. 

I'm leaning toward the third option.   Tucker knows his audience and he knows that if he makes up some kind of cloak and dagger story, then he can let people's imaginations run wild as to what was there.    Having something be "unknowable" but maybe sinister is more powerful than presenting underwhelming documents. 

If he thought he actually had something, we'd have it.
What are this guy's allegations anyway? I saw an article that the FBI was opening an investigation into the accusations- but all I saw was that Hunter Biden had some business dealings with a Chinese energy company, and Joe Biden might have been involved in some way? Like... what? How is this explosive, when we know for a *fact* that Trump and his kids have dealings with China, Russia, and Trump has also blatantly lied about them in the past? (I asked my father the same thing yesterday when he said I needed to look into the Biden's dealings with the Chinese, and somehow, some way the subject got changed before he could give a satisfactory answer to that.)
It's a dick-around, like with Hillary's emails. There doesn't have to be any "proof," there just has to be some suggestion of esoteric corruption and we're off to the races. Conspiracy theorists will apply their own narratives to these things, like they're creative writing exercises, and eventually you'll find yourself in a conversation with someone who's made up 98% of the conspiracy that they now want you to disprove.
The most I got from it is that Biden might have used his political muscle to get him an important role in some company. Which if that's the case *gestures wildly at politics in general*

It's shitty in its own right, but the idea that it's some "smocking gun" when all of current President's children have substantial roles in the government? Fuck outta here.

Please, always keep a trigger lock on your smocking gun. We have too many accidental smockings as it is.
That’s why I switched to voping.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(10-30-2020, 01:58 PM)ska oreo Wrote: The most I got from it is that Biden might have used his political muscle to get him an important role in some company.  Which if that's the case *gestures wildly at politics in general*

It's shitty in its own right, but the idea that it's some "smocking gun" when all of current President's children have substantial roles in the government?  Fuck outta here.

That's pretty much my take.   If all this is true, then so what?   I mean it sucks, but if you look at the White House, just about everyone there is somebody's son or daughter and none of them are remotely qualified for the jobs they were given.   That's even true in cabinet level positions that were literally bought by wealthy donors.
Yeah, I know Biden himself can't do it, but I've really wanted one of his surrogates to at some point challenge a Tucker Carlson type to explain their actual concerns about Hunter Biden. So you are worried that Biden's indulgence of some idiot failson will harm American interests how exactly? He'll put him in charge of Middle East peace, despite being completely unqualified? Or the opioid crisis? He'll compromise American foreign policy to coerce China into granting Hunter trademarks?
Hold on, hold on...you mean, the GOP is being hypocritical regarding nepotism?