Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating Tips/Advice
(05-08-2020, 01:47 AM)bradito Wrote: Schwartz, was she already your wife when you met her or did you get married later on?

When I chatted with her on Bumble she mentioned that she initially met Schwartz through the app.

(05-08-2020, 12:34 AM)bradito Wrote: I saw an ad for Match or PoF or whatever recently and was like, "Who's doing that now?"

It's an opportunity for bored people to flirt and send pictures. I'd be surprised if the numbers weren't spiking right now.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
(05-08-2020, 01:47 AM)bradito Wrote: Schwartz, was she already your wife when you met her or did you get married later on?

We'd been married long enough to need to resort to catfishing Overlord to spice things up before we joined.
Good on you Rylander for putting yourself out there.
It occurred to me this morning that there are definitely a few guys out there that have tried to use the nationwide protests as a way to finagle a meet up with the lefty chick they've been Tinder chatting with, but couldn't actually make a date because of quarantine.
Everyone wins!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Til you get shot in the face with a rubber bullet.
Guessing that after 2+ months of sheltering in place, some people consider that price worth paying.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

It wouldn't be the worst date I've had.
What about a rubber bullet to the face, and you get Covid, AND she didn't think it was a match??

What then?!
* sad trombone *

I'm surprised there isn't an app for today's world. We already have Christian Singles Only, Farmers Only, and a bunch of others.

Mask Wearers Only?
Social Distancers Only?
Neither of Us Are Wearing Pants in This Zoom Meeting?
OK, Cupid Is Lying Unresponsive In The Street After Taking Two Rounds To The Wings, So let's Just Fuck Before The Whole World Burns ™

Too wordy?

Maybe let's just elbow tap before the whole world burns?
You just went all "Drop the 'The'. It's....cleaner." Well done.

Now go do some coke like Shawn Fanning.

This data is from October 2019, so it's pre-virus.  According to the research, half of U.S. singles aren't looking for relationships or hookups.

I'd be curious to see the numbers now.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020/08/...-10-years/

Quote:As more Americans turn to online dating and the #MeToo movement leaves its imprint on the dating scene, nearly half of U.S. adults – and a majority of women – say that dating has become harder in the last 10 years.

Among those who are on the dating market – the 15% of American adults who are single and looking for a committed relationship or casual dates – most say they are dissatisfied with their dating lives and that it has been difficult to find people to date, according to a Pew Research Center survey conducted in October 2019.

While single-and-looking men and women report equal levels of dissatisfaction with their dating lives and the ease of finding people to date, women are more likely to say they have had some particularly negative experiences. Most women who are currently single and looking to date (65%) say they have experienced at least one of six harassing behaviors asked about in the survey from someone they were dating or had been on a date with, such as being touched in a way that made them uncomfortable or rumors being spread about their sexual history. This compares with 50% of men who are single and looking. The pattern holds when looking at all women and men, whether they are currently on the dating market or not.

Women are also more likely to see risk – both physical and emotional – when it comes to dating. When those who say dating has become harder for most people in the last 10 years are asked to describe in their own words why they think this is the case, women are twice as likely as men to cite increased risk. For their part, men are more likely than women to say technology is a reason dating has gotten harder. Overall, 47% of Americans say dating is now harder than it was 10 years ago, while 19% say it’s easier and 33% say it’s about the same.

Much more at the link.

Here's a good read on COVID-dating, particularly from using apps.  It runs through ghosting (and how that might hurt more during a pandemic), getting emotionally intimate quicker than usual, needing to know right away if there are other people in the mix for health/COVID-testing reasons, etc.

It also touches on how these relationships will do once things inch closer to normal.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dating-si...2d36bb?76p

Quote:“COVID has amplified everything for good and for bad. The fuckboyism is definitely much more powerful now than it was before. It’s much easier to have that kind of personality because there’s no accountability. Unless someone’s going through your phone, they’re not going to know you’re up to anything else,” he said. “There’s no real downside. I’m not gonna see you in person, so what’s the consequence?”

After all, the pandemic has fundamentally changed the conversations between potential partners right out of the gate, prompting more probing questions so both parties lay all their cards on the table for the sake of everyone’s health. Cholko said, “You can’t really take a relationship in COVID casually.”

“If you’re seeing six other girls, I need to know that. Not even from a jealousy perspective, but just from the standpoint of — are they getting tested for COVID?” she said. “Chill dating was the prevalent way for elder 20 [somethings] in New York, then all of a sudden with COVID, it became not really an option.”
I was seeing my girl before covid happened, though we officially became a thing during the pandemic. But yeah..people are really lonely. And I did go through a spot where I was meeting a girl I didn't really have romantic feelings for simply because I was lonely and bored.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
I'm really fucking glad I wasn't single when COVID happened.
I'm just reminding myself that I totally would've gotten dumped during this nightmare, so it's better that I'm single.

It's better this way!!
(12-17-2020, 12:58 PM)ska oreo Wrote:  ... people are really lonely. And I did go through a spot where I was meeting a girl I didn't really have romantic feelings for simply because I was lonely and bored.

... "meeting" ...

[Image: Tom-Hardy-Wink-Gif.gif]

On Monday, I found out that my ex had a baby. I haven't talked to her in almost 5 years but it's really hitting me hard. None of the other women that I've had relationships with or dated in the past have stuck with me like she has. I've known this for years and I would avoid any talk or news about her but because of an idiots slip of the tongue on Monday afternoon, I feel crushed. The "good" part about all of this is that I'll be a 5 pounds lighter by next week. Mental anguish does wonders for my diet. Meanwhile, Covid dating isn't helping me with the situation. The woman that I've been texting and talking to since the summer still feels like a stranger since we've barely spent any time together. I wonder if this shit would be easier if I was with someone . Probably not.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Yeah, it's never a good feeling when you find out that someone who was once close to you has procreated without you. I have an old gf who not only married a guy with my name, but she also had a kid with this imposter. That was a real bummer because she'd told me that she didn't want kids. I guess... she just didn't want to have kids with me.

But who can blame her? I'm a lummox.

However, Boris, my advice isn't easy, but try not to take it personally. She didn't start a family to hurt you. It's best to take this revelation and use it to begin to find closure. Unfortunately, your relationship with her is really, really over. And this is where you can acknowledge that the hardest part of being rejected (they move on before you do) is now behind you. From here, you can chart a new course.

I'd recommend not trying to compete with her. Date if you feel ready, but don't do it because you feel like you need to catch up to her. Everyone lives their lives at their own pace. Some people get married and start families sooner than others. It's not a race. Take your time, and don't look at being single like it's a curse or punishment. It's just downtime.
Thanks Brad. I've definitely known that it was over for years now and I want her to be happy, there are no hard feelings. I'm just surprised that it still hurts so much. I remember the pain from our breakups over the years and while this isn't anywhere as bad as those times, it's still the most pain I've felt since then.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
It can really hurt when someone who meant a lot to you ends up with someone else. Not in a "NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE HER" gross way (and I know you don't mean that, Boris). But it does hurt, and sharply.

Brad's words are solid. I'm sorry for the pain you're feeling, regardless.

Sorry to hear you're going through that whole Pearl Jam "Black" dealio Boris.

On the plus side in a day or so we all get one of those "New Beginnings" type dates handed to us on a plate by the calendar, and to some extent we all get to choose what that means to us.
I appreciate the kind words guys. Thank you.
Well, after a 6 yr ship hit the reef and sank, I'm back in the pool.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(05-23-2021, 11:14 AM)chavez Wrote: Well, after a 6 yr ship hit the reef and sank, I'm back in the pool.

Just follow the rules and you'll be fine.

After over a year of no awkward first dates; no ghosting; no unceremonious breakups; no arguments where the other person stops talking, making it impossible to resolve the issue; and no general malaise that comes from being in a relationship with someone who's checked out... I'm definitely eager *not* to get back out there!
(05-24-2021, 07:32 PM)bradito Wrote: After over a year of no awkward first dates; no ghosting; no unceremonious breakups; no arguments where the other person stops talking, making it impossible to resolve the issue; and no general malaise that comes from being in a relationship with someone who's checked out... I'm definitely eager *not* to get back out there!

[Image: YR4Obaq.gif]

I can spend more time on my screenplays!!
Send me a script, damn it.

COWARD!
A friend set me up with a friend of hers who teaches aerial dance.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate