Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Footage You'd LOVE to See...
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamish13

Unfortunately, the footage may have decomposed.

I thought candy had an almost indefinite shelf-life.
I'm with the BTTF footage.
I would like to have seen what Cruising might have been. Footage is supposedly lost.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil!

And the Keitel as Willard footage from Apocalypse Now, which you'd have seen in Hearts of Darkness if Zoetrope could have found Keitel's paperwork/releases from the film.

AND if they would actually release Hearts of Darkness onto DVD. Hello! Anyone listening???
How bout those original Star Wars?
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamish13

Unfortunately, the footage may have decomposed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I heard that Hughes had a VHS copy of the original cut. I know he does for The Breakfast Club, but I thought he also had the original Planes in his archives.

Oh, and the various screen-tests filmed for Tim Burton's Superman Lives back in 1997. Supposedly, Nicholas Cage did one in full-costume and Nicholson did one as Lex Luthor. Can anyone confirm this?
Twilight Zone does indeed end with Morrow saving the kids, but Landis' screenplay was much different and had Morrow being marched off into a concentration camp at the end.

It was the producers that insisted Morrow should redeem himself at the end and that led to Landis hastily rewriting the ending and we all know the rest...

Funnily enough, because of that whole thing, Spielberg had to abandon his plans to shoot 'The Monsters Are Due On Maple St' and make 'Kick The Can' instead.
Now that I know it exists, all I want to see is the original, ultra offensive version of Bad Santa.
Bumping this thread to include the test footage John Boorman filmed for his aborted Lord of the Rings. Small children as the hobbits and dwarfs (with beards for the latter) and dubbed by adults(!?)

The real ending to Big...
I want to see Neil Jordan's documentary about the making of EXCALIBUR!

But I can't find it!
That would be nice too (The retrospective documentary is only now available on iTunes and Amazon - thankfully I got a copy years ago) and the half-hour's worth of footage Boorman cut from the final film. The first cut clocked in at just over 3 hours.

I would kill to see the original cut of EVENT HORIZON.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Not to jinx it. But that might happen thanks to that new SHOUT! Factory Blu Ray.

(07-25-2020, 03:27 PM)Evi Wrote: I would kill to see the original cut of EVENT HORIZON.

There's a WHAT!?
oh you gotta look up the info on that!
I'd love to see the excised footage from EXTREME PREJUDICE. Something like an hour was cut.
I'd also love to see the original ending for THE REF.
Every other thread on this board has Judas or Molt namedropping Extreme Prejudice. Amazing.

Anyway, I demand the X-rated footage of Total Recall that was allegedly supposed to make RoboCop look tame.

An official release of The Whole Bloody Affair and the Bear Jew flashback with Cloris Leachman in Inglourious Basterds.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
The television edit of BLUE VELVET in HD with every "fuck" changed to "freak," etc.
The UK TV dub censored version of RoboCop. Pure hilarity
Is the UK tv dub different from this?

I think it's the same simbob