Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Semi-Official Heavy Metal Thread
Maiden has its itinerary out for the third leg of its "Legacy of the Beast" tour.  Lots of countries I'd love to see on that list, but I don't think I'll be traveling next year.

https://ironmaiden.com/tours/legacy-of-t...-2020-2020
Funny, I never would have pegged you for a fan of the band.
I'm full of surprises!
W.A.S.P. announced a cool "world" tour for next year too, but I highly doubt Blackie Lawless will ever do another U.S. show unless he got a nice, festival payday:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/w-a-s-...r-in-2020/

Quote:W.A.S.P. will embark on the "1984 To Headless" world tour in 2020. The trek will be a celebration of hits from the band's first four albums: 1984's self-titled debut, 1985's "The Last Command", 1986's "Inside The Electric Circus" and 1989's "The Headless Children".

W.A.S.P. said in a statement: "The first self-titled album, that in some countries was called 'Winged Assassins', featuring songs from that now classic record, 'I Wanna Be Somebody' and 'L.O.V.E. Machine', to the second album, 'The Last Command', along with 'Inside The Electric Circus', to the iconic masterpiece 'The Headless Children'. These hits from the first four albums have never been performed together, 'Live', as they will be in this most special show, and will NEVER BE REPEATED EVER AGAIN!! So join us, as we take you back… to where it all started."

The fall 2020 European leg of the "1984 To Headless" tour will kick off on September 15, 2020 in Malmö, Sweden and conclude on November 7, 2020 in Pratteln, Switzerland.

I know everyone says Lawless is a massive jerk, but I do like the band.  The new stuff over the last decade has been fine, I think.  I'd like to see W.A.S.P. in some iteration one of these days.
Headless Children and Crimson Idol are both fantastic records. I’m not as much of a fan of their earlier stuff, but those two are still in heavy rotation for me.
Crimson Idol is definitely my favorite - one of those early 90's records that stuck out for 80s metal bands as the scene progressed.

And, hey, look, Ozzy's new single is out:

And here's the King's new track, which he's been playing live a lot this year.  Due to injuries and other health issues, King hasn't released a new album throughout this entire decade, so I'm looking forward to next year's The Institute.  It's been too long since we had any King in our lives:

It would be cool if the M3 Rock Festival booked WASP this year. As for their newer stuff, The Last Runaway is a good tune.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!