Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bee Movie
Took my daughter to see this yesterday. We both enjoyed it quite a bit. Pretty smart, and I'm happy to say doesn't use any Sienfeldisms". Well, maybe a couple quick ones. Ray Liotta steals the movie in my opinion.

The animation is seller, take your motion sickness pills if that sort of thing bothers you.

Sheryl Crow remakes another song for the soundtrack.
Took my four-year-old nephew to see this. He seemed pretty captured by it the whole time as it wasn't until the very end when he started to get a little restless. I quite enjoyed it, though I think my mileage was significantly increased since I'm a huge fan of Seinfeld's sense of humor and wit and his stamp is obviously all over it since he wrote it himself. The animation was servicable, overall. Obviously it's not Pixar quality, but then, nothing is. And, yeah, the Ray Liotta bit was awesome.
I enjoyed it more than it deserved, mainly because of Seinfeld's participation. I thought it was too broken up into four or five different narratives, only one or two of which I thought should have been the focus, and it just couldn't get me to invest in it. There was the story about the dull life of bees and Barry wanting to make his own path, his funny but kind of muted and platonic relationship with the human woman, the story of proving he's tough enough to be a pollinator, and courtroom comedy, and then a whole save the world plot. I was pleased with the animation, especially the action scenes, but thought it was too generic overall.

The one big drawback of most of the movie is that Jerry Seinfeld has such great insights about people in general, and when he's playing a bee he should be using that to take advantage of the fact that in animated movies you can say things that you either can't say in real life, or that are funny only when animated characters say them as comments about human life. Yes, Seinfeld does do that, but I thought it was way too restrained. Seinfeld carried it for me regardless, but under a lot of strain.

Can this thread be moved to 'FILMS IN RELEASE OR ON VIDEO'?

Because this...

http://www.avclub.com/article/world-dema...sei-237967

Quote:

There’s a fantastic energy now for some reason, on the internet particularly. Tumblr, people brought my attention to. I actually did consider it, but then I realized it would make Bee Movie 1 less iconic. But my kids want me to do it; a lot of people want me to do it. A lot of people that don’t know what animation is want me to do it. If you have any idea what animation is, you’d never do it. 

oh jerry...

A"I have no idea what animation is! I thought those were real bees!"

As you can tell from the pages and pages of chat here about Bee Movie on the CHUD forums, you can see how ICONIC Bee Movie really was.

If I can remember one thing about Bee Movie, it's that I really don't remember anything about it.

Wait! I remember Jerry in a bee costume being dropped off the side of a building! (Of course, something not in the film.)

"Who are these bees?"

If there is a sequel, it's gotta star Sam Bee.... right?