Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Cruise Scares Me
I couldn't get through more than half of this. When he starts laughing in the middle, I went from being amused to creeped-out.

http://www.usmagazine.com/tom_cruise..._scientologist
Was this extra from the interview in Magnolia?
Delusions run deep with this one...

BTW, I love the background music.
Tom Cruise kills kittens with his maniacal laughing.
This is a joke, right? The music is too much!

I love how Tom says "you're either on board or you're not" and in the same breath says he's a "uniter."
I was seriously waiting for him to put on the glasses at the end...
Some of you might call that scary. I call it a call to arms.

After witnessing that, I'm prepared to strap on some armor and ride into battle with that kick-ass Scientology logo proudly on my chest.
In Cruise's marginal defense, I honestly believe there are two Scientologies: the one that gets offered to celebrities and seems very accommodating and nice and then the one that everyone else gets which is a cult/scam. Of course, if Cruise had bothered to step outside his nice little bubble, he would understand that. As it is, he gets to play messiah and go to sleep at night thinking that he's truly making the world a better place. Good for him.
Y'know, back in the day, I remember a Tom Cruise who was getting bearhugged by Patrick Swayze in The Outsiders. That same Tom Cruise would also pop-up in Taps, All The Right Moves, Risky Business, and damn it, even Losin' It with Shelly Long.

Where has that Tom Cruise gone? Where? And can we exchange today's Tom "the maniacally giggling Scientologst" Cruise for him? Please?
Given how vapid and inarticulate Cruise's comments were, I thought this was just a string-out of raw unedited selects...but it actually was the finished intro to his award? Holy Moly!

They might as well have just boiled it down to:

"I'm a Scientologist because only we have the stuff to do the right thing and when you know it, and when you do it, it's like BOOM, you know, and I can't do anything else except get out there and unite the world with it, and teach others what it means to be, you know, like, WHAM, and you're in and you know, and then you do it, and you don't do it halfway, you do it like, WHOOSH, and that only comes from knowing the truth, which is like POW, and BOOM, and you just go. And then you know, it's...it's...but then there's this thing within you and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Litmus Configuration

"I'm a Scientologist because only we have the stuff to do the right thing and when you know it, and when you do it, it's like BOOM, you know, and I can't do anything else except get out there and unite the world with it, and teach others what it means to be, you know, like, WHAM, and you're in and you know, and then you do it, and you don't do it halfway, you do it like, WHOOSH, and that only comes from knowing the truth, which is like POW, and BOOM, and you just go. And then you know, it's...it's...but then there's this thing within you and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Quite possibly the greatest quote of all time.
SP, PTSP?

Am I supposed to understand what he's saying to me?
xenu.net for all your Scientology answers.

I know too much about this crazy cult for my own good...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl

SP, PTSP?

Am I supposed to understand what he's saying to me?

I had to look them up:

SP: suppressive person.
PTP: present time problem.
PTS: potential trouble source.

http://www.scientology.org/gloss.htm
IE, an SP is someone whom is not a Scientologist.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timothy225

Y'know, back in the day, I remember a Tom Cruise who was getting bearhugged by Patrick Swayze in The Outsiders. That same Tom Cruise would also pop-up in Taps, All The Right Moves, Risky Business, and damn it, even Losin' It with Shelly Long.

Where has that Tom Cruise gone? Where? And can we exchange today's Tom "the maniacally giggling Scientologst" Cruise for him? Please?

Hell at this point I'd take Cruise circa A Few Good Men and MI1

This thread has inspired me to rewatch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_wjp262RY

I reckon this may be the one time Cruise let his Stepford facade slip personally - and its creepy as all get-out I reckon
If we're whipping out the creepy clips, this one always gives me chills. Angry, just barely under control Tom Cruise is one of the scariest things you can witness.

scaryscaryscaryscary

(Also, can someone please tell me how you do that thing where you make the link one of the words in your sentence? I've been wanting to do that for years, I was just always too afraid to ask for fear of wrath.)

Edit: EUREKA!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by billylove

xenu.net for all your Scientology answers.

I know too much about this crazy cult for my own good...

Yeah, I went on a weekend bender researching everything I could find on them once. By Sunday night, I felt vaguely ill. Some of it is inconceivable.

Google Lisa McPherson sometime. It's a lovely story.
Quote:

If we're whipping out the creepy clips, this one always gives me chills. Angry, just barely under control Tom Cruise is one of the scariest things you can witness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4Uv...eature=related

(Also, can someone please tell me how you do that thing where you make the link one of the words in your sentence? I've been wanting to do that for years, I was just always too afraid to ask for fear of wrath.)

If you notice, when you use that insert link button in the form the link appears twice in the message you type. The first is the actual url while the second is the text that will appear in the post. You can change the second one to anything you want.

And now for the wrath you feared:
n00b!!!11!
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4Uv...eature=related

When you hit the link button (Planet Earth looking thing with infinity symbol), it will bring up a script asking for the link address. After you input the address, what's inserted into the post comes with a pre-highlighted text section so that you can modify the actual text of the hyperlink.

It's similar to the way it's done in html hyperlinking.

ETA - Nevermind, stelios was on that one.
I just type the sentence I want linked first, then highlight it and hit the link button, and enter the URL in the box.
Yes! Thank you everyone, I had the feeling it was something incredibly simple.

I guess I never figured it out because I never use the link button (until now...) I just tend to copy paste my link straight onto the page. But from this day forth, I am enlightened. One of the beautiful people, you might say.

Look what I can do!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg David

Yeah, I went on a weekend bender researching everything I could find on them once. By Sunday night, I felt vaguely ill. Some of it is inconceivable.

Yeah, several years ago I did a bunch of research on cults for a story I was writing. Needless to say, I got sick of writing after I read the stuff on Scientology. I couldn't wrap my brain around why people fall for this stuff and end up with a maniacal laugh like Tom Cruise or dead. I mean, it can't be this easy to brainwash people. It really doesn't make for interesting story telling.
It's too bad the production credits on that video weren't listed.

Music Supervisor: Irony
What happened to this guy? He's like Michael Jackson, only it's happening to his brain instead of his face.
Well shit...the video got pulled.
I was out on patrol patrol when the danger aliens were looking for my nutrition food.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared Melton

Well shit...the video got pulled.

Nothing is pulled from the Internet. It is merely moved.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Goldberg

Nothing is pulled from the Internet. It is merely moved.

True.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg David

Thanks! That made my blood boil!

I can't stand religion as it is, but when people are THIS uneducated and deluded it just makes me hate it just that much more.
"You're a little gnat, and look at the size of this church."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y
Quote:

Originally Posted by amadeus

Now *that* was truly fucking weird. I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night screaming "What's your crime?"
Quote:

Originally Posted by amadeus

SP! SP!
Very good video about Scientology here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD9bC...eature=related
What I love about that video is that he doesn't say one thing that actually means anything or makes any sense whatsoever. He's just vomiting a bunch of words that generally resemble sentences.