Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Cruise Scares Me
Quote:

Originally Posted by amadeus

"You're a little gnat, and look at the size of this church."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y

Well, fuck. If those aren't brain washing tactics, I don't know what is. And they act so much like Cruise (or the other way around) it's scary.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaNewYork

There are Scientologists who sit around in Times Square with tables set up to give free "stress tests". They have blood pressure machines and cuffs, as well as stacks of paperback versions of "Dianetics." They station themselves in front of the real tourist attractions, like Tussaud's wax museum and the MTV store, trying to lure the tourists. It's seriously creepy.

Yeah, I saw them a couple of years ago here in Sweden as well. An alarming number of people seemed interested too - I guess "free stress test" sounds more innocent than learning how to get happy by giving away your money.

Oh, and they were set up outside the theater showing War of the Worlds, pure coincidence, I guess.
How sucky would it be to hang out with someone who is acting ALL the time? God his mugging makes me sick.

I know a few celeb scientologists, and they are fucking crazy. They drive away their friends, gf's, alienate people in the industry. I honestly don't understand how Cruise has made it this far. He must have gotten crazy later on in his career. He speaks like he's a man surrounded with people who say 'yes, you're right' to everything that comes out of his mouth.
Quote:

There are Scientologists who sit around in Times Square with tables set up to give free "stress tests". They have blood pressure machines and cuffs, as well as stacks of paperback versions of "Dianetics." They station themselves in front of the real tourist attractions, like Tussaud's wax museum and the MTV store, trying to lure the tourists. It's seriously creepy.

Yeah, there was actually a Church of Scientology right across the street from my film school on West Hastings, here in Van. They do that stress test thing everyday right out front.

Many, many people from my class would go there during break to take the test and fuck with the people but I can't even stand the idea of it. You're just encouraging them, I doubt they'd even be able to tell they're being fucked with.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterRose

I honestly don't understand how Cruise has made it this far. He must have gotten crazy later on in his career. He speaks like he's a man surrounded with people who say 'yes, you're right' to everything that comes out of his mouth.

He's living proof that sometimes having a publicist - the right publicist - is very, very necessary. I'm sure over half of the meetings he had with his former longtime publicist Pat Kingsley consisted of her telling him to just shut the fuck up and smile.
Tom Cruise is nuts, but think what its gonna be like for his kid growing up....if my dad was Tom Cruise I would probably beat the shit out of em'.
By the time Suri is twenty Tom Cruise will, in the public consciousness, have ascended to Christ-like stature, Scientology will be the dominant religion, and something like 40-45% of us will regularly attend mass audits wearing nothing but Ray-Bans, hanes underwear, and perma-smiles. Just you watch.
"I would like to go on vacation and just play you know, to do just that, you know... But... I just can't cause........ I KNOW...I know... I just know... So... I, go, I , you know.. I just gotta do something about it you know!"

Tom Cruise, 2007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitches Leave

"I would like to go on vacation and just play you know, to do just that, you know... But... I just can't cause........ I KNOW...I know... I just know... So... I, go, I , you know.. I just gotta do something about it you know!"

Tom Cruise, 2007

And that is why he had to cut a deal with the writers.
Copperlock=Witchesbrew=Tom Cruise?
Can you even drive on L. Ron Hubbard Way? Isn't it lined with bright-red bricks?

Anyway, here's my little Scientology story:

It was time during one of our film classes to experiment and just fuck around basically with the new wireless mics we had to learn to use. We would try and catch conversations off the street or try and take them inside stores and see what the range was.

Someone just kept walking down the street with the mic and eventually landed at the front doors of one of the many Scientology buildings in Hollywood. A conversation was struck between our schoolmate wearing the mic and a Scientologist offering a free tour or whatever.

Realize that everyone's listening in going "YES! YES! DO IT!"

He does. The moment he walks in through those doors the Mic goes dead with static.

DEAD.

The moment he walks out of the building. Boom. It's back on.

Creepiest fucking moment.

We knew something had to be up because people had been walking into buildings minutes before and getting clear signals.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey

Tom Cruise is nuts, but think what its gonna be like for his kid growing up....if my dad was Tom Cruise I would probably beat the shit out of em'.

Read up on L Ron's son.

This will give you some insight into what may be in store for the kid.
Quote:

Originally Posted by billylove

Read up on L Ron's son.

This will give you some insight into what may be in store for the kid.

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyn...Wolfe07-82.htm

Quote:

This, says DeWolf, stemmed from his father’s continual interest in black magic and the occult. DeWolf himself was born prematurely, weighing two pounds, two ounces, and he now tells people, " I wasn’t exactly born, I was aborted. He was trying to do an abortion bit on me. He had one of those insane things, especially during the ‘30s, of trying to invoke the devil for power and practices. My mother told me about him trying out all kinds of various incantations, drugs and hypnosis...His initials for it were PDH — pain, drugs, hypnosis. The use of PDH, coupled with black magic, was an effective for of brainwashing or mind control. You’ll see throughout early Scientology literature, ‘PDH.’"

DeWolf also describes his father as a wife-beater. "He used to beat her up quite often. He had a violent, volcano-type temper, and he smacked her around quite a bit. I remember in 1946 or 1947 when he was beating up my mother one night. I had a .22 rifle and I sat on the stairway with him in my sights, and I almost blew his head off."

wow ...
Is their logo really a solid gold shield studded with diamonds? Holy shit, that's bold.
Quote:

I've long wanted to go into the church in Times Square. Everytime I pass it, I get the urge. I feel like if I go in and refuse to buy a copy of Dianetics, I might have to battle a legion of Cruise-doppelgangers to get out.
I just watched the Sawyer Interview.
I knew Cruise was kooky,but now he is just Batshit Crazy.
Maybe Life Will Imitate Art and Cruise will go totally berserk like the Cadet he played in "Taps".....
Once I took one of those tests with that silly machine they have for "stress". A friend of mine and I gave false responses, I found out that if you squeeze hard enough you make the meter go wild, so I squeezed it just enough to register "lots of stress".

The lady administering the test (or audit) noted that I had a lot of stress in my life, I said yes ... "My wife makes me *very* angry" and gave the lady a semi crazed look. At that point my friend couldn't take it anymore and we had to leave ... I wanted to keep escalating the joke but oh well.
Has anyone ever heard Avery Brooks speak? I don't think he's a scientologist but he talks a lot like this, Tons of psuedo philisophical mumbo jumbo that doesn't appear to make any kind of sense, then a pause, big grin, then maniacal laughter. It made me appreciate his acting ability more when I realised how out of touch with human communication he was.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom

I've long wanted to go into the church in Times Square. Everytime I pass it, I get the urge. I feel like if I go in and refuse to buy a copy of Dianetics, I might have to battle a legion of Cruise-doppelgangers to get out.

I stopped by a church in St. Louis a while back with a couple friends, and was insulted that they made no attempt to recruit me. They just let me look in a few rooms of well-dressed people reading one of about 600 tracts and booklets by Hubbard. I was actually a little insulted. You have no idea how damaging it is to one's ego to be passed over for indoctrination into a cult.
The Cruise video reminds me of the Brad Goodman episode of The Simpsons.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwartz

You have no idea how damaging it is to one's ego to be passed over for indoctrination into a cult.

As witnessed in the Seinfeld episode "The Checks" where George tries, and fails, to get the attention of the Sunshine Carpet Cleaners.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt OCallaghan

*I can't communicate with people and I'm afraid of Venice.

You do come off a bit canal retentive sometimes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt OCallaghan

*I can't communicate with people and I'm afraid of Venice.

No, no, common mistake. You're afraid of VENUS. Venutians have had a longstanding grudge against Xenu for inhabiting Earth first, and have implanted rogue thetans in many minds that increase a person's Isolation Index ™ and atrophy their Affection Receptors ®.
So what if you bring up the alien aspect as a reason you want to join? Do they still deny that's a part of the religion or does it become, "Oh yeah, thetans! We're totally about that. Sign this!"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Freeze

So what if you bring up the alien aspect as a reason you want to join? Do they still deny that's a part of the religion or does it become, "Oh yeah, thetans! We're totally about that. Sign this!"

Nope. Their whole purpose is to draw you in by side stepping questions like this. And if you persist too much you will be a SP.
He didn't mention anything about The Swan OR The Pearl.
Where can I see the whole thing?

I like how he basically scoffs at what every religion practically believes in. Classy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detonathor

Here's the ending to the Scientology Orientation video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOoFnLYaUOI

And yes, I have seen the whole video. Don't watch it unless you hate your life.

That was awesome. With the music and the general demeanor of the guy, I half expected him to "beam up" at the end.

The pure, undiluted arrogance just dripping off of him (or more accurately the *message*) is a thing to behold, but I really didn't find it any more troubling than the inane and destructive nonsense you can hear from any odd televangelist on a Sunday morning.
You have to give the director credit for that one

"You are perfectly free to fuck up this speech, it would be stupid but you can do it, you can also dive off a bridge and blow your brains out, that is your choice."

"Uhuh, I think I'll go with the cue cards then"

"You're ok with faking it?"

"Have you seen my hair?"
So, there's a bunch of backlash on this leaked video now heading to the major news groups.

The Cult is saying the video was edited and the background music was added.

Even if it was edited and music was added, it still shows "the crazy".
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detonathor

Here's the ending to the Scientology Orientation video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOoFnLYaUOI

And yes, I have seen the whole video. Don't watch it unless you hate your life.

I thought that was a deleted TV ad from 'RoboCop 2'...
...honestly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by billylove

Even if it was edited and music was added, it still shows "the crazy".

I believe the term is "TEH CRAZY".
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vader

Where can I see the whole thing?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=348043800
There's also a video here:

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

SCARY!
Funny or Die makes fun of Tom

Jerry O'Connell will never work in a Tom Cruise movie again!