Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Cruise Scares Me
They look like a perfectly sane couple to me. Those are just sweaters.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen
View Post

That was my favorite cover of NY Magazine back when they ran the article.
Paul Haggis is a Scientologist? Like a needed another excuse to hate the fucker.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Savage
View Post
Paul Haggis is a Scientologist? Like a needed another excuse to hate the fucker.

I always enjoy more reasons to hate that fucker. Yay!
http://uploader.ws/upload/200801/018.jpg
http://uploader.ws/upload/200801/020_1.jpg

Friend also sent me this excerpt

Quote:

Originally Posted by L. Ron Hubbard

Of course, you'll have a hard time of it. This - a slight oversight - is a human being. You'd better charge right in and do what you can to break him into apathy quickly. A club is best. Tying him in a closet without food for a few days is fairly successful. The best recommended tactic, however, is simply to use a straight jacket and muffs on him until he is docile and imbecilic. I'm warning you that it's going to be tough; it will be tough because Man became king of the beasts only because he couldn't as a species be licked. He doesn't easily go into an obedient apathy like dogs do. Men own dogs because men are self-determined and dogs aren't.

Soo....yeah that's scary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEImUiNOrhM
Did you see Juliette Lewis' face when the reporter brought up Xenu? Priceless.

What kind of religion denies its own background?
The kind that knows just how bugfuck insane its beliefs are. The Catholic Church should be so self-aware.
I could watch reporters not put up with Tommy's bullshit for like hours goddam.

Fucking unreal.
What I don't get is that people follow the word and advice of a man that was a science fiction writer...sweet jesus people...and he wrote Battlefield Earth, that alone should have kept people away..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Venkman
View Post
What I don't get is that people follow the word and advice of a man that was a science fiction writer...

Why not? Fiction writers made up the bible, and people follow the word and advice of that.
Also please see the current top thread in the Religion forum.
The funny thing about it all is that Hubbard seems like someone who wasn't particularly bright in the 'intelligent' sense of the word, but it sure looks like he could affect the people around him.

And Chic Corea, if by any chance you read this: Shame on you.
So people are going to be organizing worldwide protests for February 10th. Here's some links from a gargantuan 120+ page thread Something Awful thread where some of this is being organized.
Quote:

http://harbl.wetfish.net/cosplay/ - Map showing anons, raids and church locations.

http://enturbulation.org/ - Goon's effort to spread information.

http://forums.enturbulation.org/index.php - Event planning, etc.

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml - How to get in touch with your state's representatives.

http://rapidshare.com/files/87456295/Flyers.rar.html - A rar with finished flyers, posters, and a preformed letter to your local fellows in Congress.

Its been fun keeping up with this. Ton of freaky stuff in that thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
View Post
Why not? Fiction writers made up the bible, and people follow the word and advice of that.

I know, but hell..there is a few hundred years between the bible and now..so people had a chance to grow up and be feed the text.. but you know what, its not like i really care...it's just fun to watch this creepy train wreck.
Quote:

View Post
Also please see the current top thread in the Religion forum.

ok, i just did....inserting foot into mouth.
Quote:

View Post

Maybe because the basis of their religious beliefs is an evil alien warlord and the kookiest scheme outside Rocky and Bullwinkle, brought to the masses by the writer of Battlefield Earth.

Sounds a tad more fishy than actual religions.
Quote:

View Post

You're missing the point. It's not about the cooky aspects of Scientology, it's the fact that Scientology is a cult.

To be fair, there have and are some religious cults founded from the words of the Bible... Those aren't right either.
It smells like shit to me. Cult shit.
Thing is, none of us know who wrote the Bible or Koran. But we do know that whoever they were, they didn't also write Battlefield Earth.

So for those keeping score:
Abrahamic Religions: 0
Scientology: Retarded Cavemen Flying 1000 Year-Old Fighter Jets
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwartz
View Post
Thing is, none of us know who wrote the Bible or Koran. But we do know that whoever they were, they didn't also write Battlefield Earth.

So for those keeping score:
Abrahamic Religions: 0
Scientology: Retarded Cavemen Flying 1000 Year-Old Fighter Jets

The Bible and the Koran might be fiction,but at least they have a lot to recommend them as literature. You can't say the same about the shit that
Hubbard brought out.
And I have not noted any legit Christian churches,Jewish Synagogues, or Isalmic Mosques charging for their teachings like a freaking pyramid scheme.
Well, speak of the devil.

I work at a library, and we just received a hefty box of donated books from "Bridge Publications: Publisher of the Non-Fiction Works of L. Ron Hubbard". Eighteen hardcover titles, free of charge. Plus a complimentary DVD featuring "the only filmed interview" with the founder of Scientology in which he explains "how he arrived at his discoveries on the mind, spirit and life."

Grabbing one at random, we have "Dianetics 55!: The Complete Manual of Human Communication", which includes this excerpt on the book jacket:

"Knowledge, Truth, Secrets - they are the guts and anatomy of life. They must not then be owned. They must not then be hidden or bent. They must be permitted to stand out in the bold sunlight for all to see. For only when they are to be seen are they safe things to have, to hold, to know.

This is the Second Book of Dianetics. It Could mean a new Earth. It could mean a new Freedom. But whatever it means, it cannot mean nothing in the sense Man uses that word. For you cannot unveil the SECRET and have it ever be quite so secret ever again. - L. Ron Hubbard
".

That last paragraph is like nails on a chalkboard, man.

Although, it is sort of unintentionally hilarious that Mr. Hubbard seems to be saying that you shouldn't, y'know, keeps things secret and hidden. Secrets should be out in the open! Accessible to everyone! Rich or poor!*

*Preferably rich.
"Non-Fiction"...
This settles it. Myers87 is definitely a scientologist.
Steven Fishman Deposition
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...man+Deposition
That a whole lot of deposition. I won't be watching all that.

I really don't understand how they can get away with stuff like this. If I went around saying that the Catholic Church is bat-shit insane (which it is), could the church sue me? Are Scientology's inner secrets actually legally recognized as something that people can be punished for revealing? What's the legal angle here? I know we have some lawyers posting around here. Can anybody explain this?
The Church of Scientology claimed their writings (stuff like Xenu, RD-45, i.e. auditing people by shooting them with a Colt 45, and other insane crap) as copyright. I know that European courts have viewed that claim as being non-existent and when a former Scientologist (Arnie Lermer (Sp?)) was sued by the Church for spreading this stuff, the Church actually lost and owed HIM money.
But even given that the writings are under copyright, that shouldn't allow them to sue over people talking about them. Do authors have the right to sue a critic for talking about their novels in public?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg David
View Post
But even given that the writings are under copyright, that shouldn't allow them to sue over people talking about them. Do authors have the right to sue a critic for talking about their novels in public?

No they don't, but then were not talking about authors, were talking about a bunch of criminals running a cult for profit. Read anything about how criminal organizations are run and you'll find a few parallels with Scientology. This is just another of their tactic's to silence critic's.
Correct me if I'm, more then likely, wrong but isn't copyright designed to keep people from ripping off and making money off of someones work? It sounds like the Scientologist's are trying to twist that aound to the point where no one can even talk about the demented shit they spew. I long for a hammer to come right the fuck down on these assholes.
I think Tom may in fact be, a lawyer. Like Star Jones.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg David
View Post
That a whole lot of deposition. I won't be watching all that.

Please do, it's several hours of madness. But, I didn't so much as watch it, as listen to it in the background.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sickness
View Post
Correct me if I'm, more then likely, wrong but isn't copyright designed to keep people from ripping off and making money off of someones work? It sounds like the Scientologist's are trying to twist that aound to the point where no one can even talk about the demented shit they spew. I long for a hammer to come right the fuck down on these assholes.

And that's why they have lost in court so far. But it's not about winning for these guys. It's about litigating. Prolonging and appealing the cases for years on end. So that the person being sued goes bankrupt and takes money from them to shut up.
Exactly, this isn't about winning to them. It's about destroying you.
http://www.dlisted.com/node/22620

Quote:

Tom Cruise better step it up. PageSix.com reports that the voice of Bart Simpson, Nancy Cartwright, gave $10 million to Scientology last year alone. I had no idea bitch was in bed with Xenu. Nancy reportedly gave the money to Scientology’s Global Salvage effort which wants to cleanse the Earth of psychology crap and other shit.

Tommy only gave $5 million. He's no longer the Queen! He's a Princess now.

Kirstie Alley also gave $5 million, John Travolta and Kelly Preston gave $1 million each and Priscilla Presley gave $50,000. 50 grand?! I'm surprised they didn't kick her cheap ass out.

Nancy reportedly makes $5.5 million a year for her voice work on The Simpsons.