Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Cruise Scares Me
Scientology goes after e-bay auctions.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=10785
I can't believe eBay won't even challenge that. It bothers me that most of the reason that Scientology gets away with this bullying crap is that most organizations are too gutless to challenge them on it. eBay and Youtube are huge, highly-profitable businesses, but they're so gun-shy about lawsuits that they won't say "boo" at even the threat anymore. It's sad that the prospect of being sued has become such a terrifying boogeyman in our culture that people like this can wield it like a big club.
The joys of a litigious society I guess Greg - its heading in the same direction down here as well.
Fox News:

Quote:

Ruggedly handsome actor Jason Beghe was best man at the wedding of "X-Files" star David Duchovny (his childhood pal) and actress Tea Leoni. In 1998, he starred as Demi Moore’s love interest in "G.I. Jane." He’s been featured in numerous TV dramas such as "Criminal Minds," "Numb3rs" and "CSI."

In 2005, Beghe appeared in promotional spots for the Church of Scientology. But now, Beghe has escaped the church after taking courses since 1994. He’s made a video that’s up on You Tube.

This is what he has to say: "Scientology is destructive and a rip-off."

He also says: "It’s very, very dangerous for your spiritual, psychological, mental, emotional health and evolution. I think it stunts your evolution. If Scientology is real, then something’s f---ed up."

You can see from the video that Beghe does not mince words. But his refreshing candor about the religion he joined in 1994 should shake the Celebrity Center to its core.

"It ain’t deliverin’ what it’s promised. It sure has not."

The video is billed as a three-minute teaser to a longer interview with Beghe that’s on its way. But the short video packs a powerful punch. Beghe still uses a lot of Scientology lingo like "OT" and "clear." Still, it’s quite easy to understand the point he’s making. After 14 years and a tremendous amount of money, he’s seeing Scientology in a different light.

Beghe has completed so many courses that he’s considered a top Scientologist, or "OT 5" — similar to Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley. But Beghe reveals: "The further up the bridge, the worse you get."

He adds: "I don’t have an agenda. I’m just trying to help. I have the luxury of having gotten into Scientology and after having been in it, been out. And that’s a perspective that people who are still in and not out do not have."

Holy shit! The lead of Monkey Shines is a renegade Scientologist?!?!
Tom Cruise told me that guy's a big queer child molester who likes to rape old ladies, stab puppies, shit on kittens, and shoot Jews. He's apparently very dangerous and is hiding his crimes. I have no idea why Tom Cruise knows all of this, but he kept getting all serious followed by 'bouts of insane laughing.
Jason Beghe is a badass. If I was gay, I'd be gay for him.
Beghe's video has been removed by YouTube;
http://gawker.com/5006158/jason-begh...-youtubes-area
And now there are stories circulating that all is not well between Tom and Katie.
My respect for Beghe,whom I never really cared for as an actor, went up 100% with his view inside the CO$ from someone who has been there.
And that the CO$ attempts to surpress any negative opinion of them is scary,really scary.
Anonymous has evolved from a questionable bunch of hackers who used tactics as bad as that of the CO$ , into a genuine protest movement that seems to have staying power.
And they got rid of the Guy Fawkes masks. Kudos to them for that. Those masks have become such a freaking ,lame,boring cliche that I would not be surprised if Alan Moore himself is sick of them.
Quote:

Tom Cruise's lawyer has hit back at a TV doctor who questioned the star's mental heath - calling Celebrity Rehab's Dr. Drew Pinsky "unprofessional" and "unqualified".

Pinsky, who is a regular on the U.S. reality show, has written an article for Playboy magazine suggesting Cruise might be mentally ill for getting involved with the Church of Scientology. The medical expert also claims the Top Gun star may have suffered some kind of childhood trauma.

He writes: "Why would somebody be drawn into a cultish kind of environment like Scientology? To me, that's a function of a very deep emptiness and suggests serious neglect in childhood - maybe some abuse, but mostly neglect."

Just so you know:

Quote:

Tom Cruise on his father: He was a bully and a coward. He was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a great lesson in my life - how he'd lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang! For me, it was like, 'There's something wrong with this guy. Don't trust him. Be careful around him.' There's that anxiety.

Back to the article:

Quote:

But Cruise's attorney, Bert Fields, has slammed the article - insisting Pinsky's analysis is absurd.

He tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "This unqualified television performer who is obviously just looking for notoriety is so grotesquely unprofessional as to pretend to diagnose Tom and others without ever meeting them.

"He seems to be spewing the absurdity that all Scientologists are mentally ill. The last time we heard garbage like this was from (Nazi propaganda chief) Joseph Goebbels."

Yeah. Fuck you Drew Pinsky, you nazi bastard. How could you say such a thing? What are your crimes Dr. Drew? Oh... you help people with addictions. You're a board certified physician? You've never been associated with the nazi party? Huh.

I will say, as much as these Scientololawyers are scum who make outrageous claims, it really wasn't a statement Drew had to make. He's become more of a whore than a doctor with his celebrity rehab shows and his years on the tv and radio of asking girls who raped them when they were little. He's still a respectable guy though and I believe he genuinely wants to help everyone he meets whether their famous or not, but he doesn't have to give his medical opinion on everything to get some notice.
What article are you quoting? I say this because celebrities - yes Dr. Drew is a celebrity - are asked all sorts of questions about other people in the biz. I feel like he was honestly answering a question posed to him rather than attention whoring. I agree it would be bizarre if he just a made a statement like this out of the blue. And for the record, his analysis of Cruise seems spot on. Cruise has said repeatedly that his father was abusive, that he attended 15 different schools in 12 years, and that he got bullied a lot. Dr. Drew's professional assessment seems 100% correct.
Diva, attorneys for Scientology have been dispatched to your home. I'd leave now. Don't even pack.
I find this whole situation even more hilarious because there was a time that, if my mother met Cruise in person, she would have ridden him like she stole him. Now, she sees him on TV and lets out a terrified yelp.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Diva
View Post
What article are you quoting? I say this because celebrities - yes Dr. Drew is a celebrity - are asked all sorts of questions about other people in the biz. I feel like he was honestly answering a question posed to him rather than attention whoring. I agree it would be bizarre if he just a made a statement like this out of the blue. And for the record, his analysis of Cruise seems spot on. Cruise has said repeatedly that his father was abusive, that he attended 15 different schools in 12 years, and that he got bullied a lot. Dr. Drew's professional assessment seems 100% correct.

It's odd. I included a quote from Cruise himself about his abusive father to show how Dr Drew's analysis was spot on, he even is under the delusion that his father helped him, everything he says shows how easy he is manipulated... yet you felt the need to set the record straight.

I also say he's a respectable guy who genuinely wants to help people. He's still wants good ratings for his Celebrity Rehab show though.
I was reiterating that Drew's analysis was spot on, not to call you out, but to reemphasize that Tom Cruise's lawyer is a dipshit.

But I still don't get why you are all uppity about Drew's statement. He called a crazy man crazy. I can't fault him for that.

Tom Cruise has found his "villain" for Mission: Impossible 7; Leah Remini!

Quote:
Q: I'm just going to get straight to it. Is Tom Cruise a good person?

Leah: No! Just going to get straight to it, no! There is a public persona of the guy who looks at you directly in the eye and shakes your hand and hugs you and is an attentive person to you and there's the person behind the mask who is a completely different person. Someone could say we all have that -- what we are to the public and who we are behind the scenes, but the people who are around Tom and work for Tom, not even people who are Scientologists, they will say he is diabolical. People who've worked with me will say I can be an asshole - all actors can be. That is different. He's very similar to David Miscavige, they could be twins.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6...ke_rinder/

Specifics would be nice.

ABetween the anecdotal stories that Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansson have told about the way Cruise courted them after his divorce from Nicole Kidman and the Midnight Express spectacle of Katie Holmes' escape from custody with their kid, I feel like I've already heard specifics. There is obviously more to be told about this guy, if someone isn't afraid of being sued for everything they're worth by Cruise and the Church, but Remini's not just talking shit.

Artie Lange said he was a pretentious jerk on the set of Jerry Maguire, for what it's worth.

The problem with guys like Cruise and Travolta when it comes to this cult is that neither of them has the requisite chill to have it go unremarked upon. If Cruise wasn't such an uber-Type A personality, his involvement with Scientology would be a relative footnote instead of the most pervasive and brand damaging element of his public life in the past 15 years.