• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dellamorte's Dugout - Dre's blog
An Intro of sorts:
http://chud.com/articles/blogs/11/De...rman-Fell.html

My thoughts on Heath Ledger's passing:
http://chud.com/articles/blogs/16/De...th-Ledger.html

My favorite list of the year:
http://chud.com/articles/blogs/24/De...--of-2007.html

I do birthdays parties and play requests, and since this is embryonic, any thoughts, advice and fuck off's are appreciated, though won't necessarily be heeded.
I expected you to look mod or something.
Yeah, I'm halfway between mod and rocker.
That pic looks more "top half of Danny Elfman's head" than "top half of PSH's head".
A very good, balanced Ledger eulogy.

I'm disappointed that knife lost out to spoon. Spoons are almost useless outside of the soup/cereal world. Knives are very important when it comes to self defense in Australia.

The picture helps me to realize which one of the people you were that I couldn't get to courage to talk to at The Wright Stuff.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Dellamorte
View Post
Yeah, I'm halfway between mod and rocker.

You're a mocker.

(10 points to anyone who knows where that line is from)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tieman
View Post
I'm disappointed that knife lost out to spoon. Spoons are almost useless outside of the soup/cereal world. Knives are very important when it comes to self defense in Australia.

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hellboy
View Post
You're a mocker.
(10 points to anyone who knows where that line is from)

The Beatles (Ringo specifically) on their first tour of America answering journalist's questions.
I liked the Ledger thing.
Wire coathanger has already locked up 2008, what with all the s'more revivals.
Beware the pre-release hype. All I'm sayin.
Anything that brings the return of Wiskerando can't be a bad thing.
I've been around, I've just been quietly judging everyone.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan S~
View Post
The Beatles (Ringo specifically) on their first tour of America answering journalist's questions.

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT would have done nicely.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ Fischer
View Post
A HARD DAY'S NIGHT would have done nicely.

It's weird. The title slipped my mind. All I could think was Help! and I knew that wasn't it.
Heath, Diablo and God:

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/37/De...They-Want.html
You really need to call your blog "Here's The Thing..."
Well, here's the thing:

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/47/De...-IS-RAMBO.html
Yeah, I'll agree with you about "God Only Knows." And "Surrender," too. Although I have a lot of love -- a lot of love -- for "Be My Baby." (Although my personal pick for greatest pop song of all time is probably "Love Will Tear Us Apart," even though it's not really a pop song.)
"I may not always love you, but as long as there are stars above you, you never need to doubt it, I'll make you so sure about it."

I have to stop what I'm doing when I hear that, it's so perfect. I mean the music, the construction of that opening verse, it's breathtaking.

For some reason, Joy Division's "Transmission," with it's echoes of VU's "Rock n' Roll," is their song, right now, that gets into my blood stream. Maybe it's the chanting of "Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio." Leaving out the perfection of something like a "Popcorn" or "Sex Machine" or "Got to Give it Up" or "Superstition" or a "Little Red Corvette" etc. etc. It could all be the best.
Oh, you men...
I always forget about "Little Red Corvette." I know you're not a big Almost Famous fan, Andre, but the monologue Crudup has about the one "woo" in the Gaye song making the entire song sums up a lot of reasons why I love rock music. The point here is that the "Right to the, right to the gr-o-und" is "Corvette's" single woo.
Speaking of opening a song brilliantly, "I guess I should have known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last" is also up there.
But both of them pale in comparison to "The sirens are screaming and the fires are howling way down in the valley tonight."
If we're going by that album, the best opening is "On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?"
On Wilder and taste:

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/52/De...-Crumbles.html
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Dellamorte
View Post
For some reason, Joy Division's "Transmission," with it's echoes of VU's "Rock n' Roll," is their song, right now, that gets into my blood stream. Maybe it's the chanting of "Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio."

God. For MONTHS now.
My dad loves "One, Two, Three." There's actually going to be a restored print of it at Film Forum for their massive United Artists retrospective in April.

Good thoughts, too.
Transmission is a dangerous song for me, because anytime I hear it I end up doing my Ian Curtis dance, usually to disastrous effect.
That means you're doing it right.
Do you have a Thom Yorke dance with the shaky head as well?
My Thom Yorke dance is fully cribbed from his performance of Idioteque on SNL. So yes.
I would have thought Billy Wilder a little overrated too, but I saw ACE IN THE HOLE recently and that movie thoroughly kicked my ass.
The only Wilder film I've seen recently was Double Indemnity, which I enjoyed even more the second time through.

Do you take issue with both his comedies & dramas, or more one or the other?
I don't think Some Like it Hot is a masterpiece. I think it's funny, but I can't stand the resolution of Sugar's character - it's Lemmon's movie. I can't stand Seven Year Itch. One Two Three does nothing for me. Kiss me Stupid made me not want to watch any of his later films, and even fans would note it's a declining period. I'm not a fan of Sunset Boulevard, but I think most black comedies are problematic. The film feels aware of being "dark" and making fun of Hollywood, the whole deal, it never did much for me. I'm too aware of the rim shot. So I've skipped some of the minor films from his good period, like Love in the Afternoon and Sabrina. I would rather watch Man's Favorite Sport again. Though I did see the Spirit of St. Louis and couldn't care less.

But, that said, his script for Ball of Fire, all his work for Lubitsch and as a director:
The Apartment
The Lost Weekend
Ace in the Hole
Stalag 17
Double Indemnity

That's a pretty great slate.