Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Semi Official Blu-Ray Thread
Specs for TMA:
New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
Two audio commentaries, featuring film scholars Robert Carringer and James Naremore and critic Jonathan Rosenbaum
New interviews with scholars Simon Callow and Joseph McBride
New video essay on the film’s cinematographers by scholar François Thomas
New video essay on the film’s score by scholar Christopher Husted
Welles on The Dick Cavett Show in 1970
Segment from Pampered Youth, a 1925 silent adaptation of The Magnificent Ambersons
Audio from a 1979 AFI symposium on Welles
Two Mercury Theatre radio plays: Seventeen (1938), an adaptation of another Booth Tarkington novel by Welles, and The Magnificent Ambersons (1939)
Trailer
PLUS: An essay by critic Molly Haskell and (Blu-ray only) essays by authors and critics Luc Sante, Geoffrey O’Brien, Farran Smith Nehme, and Jonathan Lethem, and excerpts from an unfinished 1982 memoir by Welles

Specs for SLIH:
New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
Audio commentary from 1989 featuring film scholar Howard Suber
New program on Orry-Kelly’s costumes for the film, featuring costume designer and historian Deborah Nadoolman Landis and costume historian and archivist Larry McQueen
Three making-of documentaries
Appearance from 1982 by director Billy Wilder on The Dick Cavett Show
Conversation from 2001 between actor Tony Curtis and film critic Leonard Maltin
French television interview from 1988 with actor Jack Lemmon
Trailer
PLUS: An essay by author Sam Wasson
This is the first release of True Stories is the correct aspect ratio, I think. With a complete soundtrack CD, too!
Love the Some Like It Hot cover:

[Image: QsIig1CXGzvqmO7UR79mko1R3l2NoX_large.jpg]
Looking at that Hook cover...not that THAT blu ray has a bad one...has made me realize how great 4K covers are. Blu ray cover is almost always garbage. Horrible amateurish SHIT. Cover art doesn't matter to me a great deal but I do appreciate nice covers when I see them..