Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Semi Official Blu-Ray Thread
We were just talking about FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE in the October Horror Movie Challenge thread, and now Warner Archive has announced it's coming to Blu-ray, presumably sometime next month!
[Image: 70348353_10157704747991563_7649776271064...e=5E09AC50]
Love that art!
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Well....I am a worshiper of the macabre so I may look into this.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
It's not the best horror anthology out there, but it's fun. Good work from Peter Cushing, Donald Pleasence, and David Warner.
I don't even know what that is but I'm buying just off the art and y'all's reactions to it..
Also coming from Warner Archive, THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS!
[Image: 69902411_10157704751286563_7682606021822...e=5E058472]
(09-18-2019, 01:25 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I don't even know what that is but I'm buying just off the art and y'all's reactions to it..
It's the last horror anthology from Amicus, the production house that made TALES FROM THE CRYPT, VAULT OF HORROR, ASYLUM, and several other good ones.
Damn. Lots of interesting stuff. This makes me happy in pants..
Even more from Warner Archive!
[Image: 70650987_10157704757431563_1539229597856...e=5DFD9565]
Warner Archive is trying to break me. They need to release the first Lee/Hammer Frankenstein. Or....is that one out?
Rumors have suggested it's being worked-on... by somebody (either WB themselves or perhaps Scream Factory). It apparently requires significant restoration, however.
(09-17-2019, 08:19 PM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: 4 hours and 47 minutes of Wim Wenders "Until the End of the World" sounds potentially intetesting. Haven't seen any version of it yet. Hopefully Criterion gives the movie enough disc space, they have been stingey during this bluray generation.

I believe this was the first "arthouse" movie I ever watched, knowing it was an "arthouse" movie.  I mainly watched it because of the soundtrack.  U2, R.E.M., and Depeche Mode, etc. I watched it several times during its initial cable run, but have never revisited since.  That being said, it definitely stuck with me all these years.

It starts of as one thing(globe trotting chase/adventure), and then becomes something completely different in the second half(somewhat of a meditation on dreaming).  I'm pretty sure it's the first movie that I remember seeing Sam Neill in.  That or Dead Calm, which is also quite good.

I had no idea there was a longer cut, so I am intrigued by this release, though I kind of want to see the original cut again, just so I can note the differences.

Despite being intrigued by it, I have never watched another Wim Wenders movie all the way through, unless you count Buena Vista Social Club, which is a documentary. 

I can't seem to find anything online that confirms it, but I think Wenders directed the U2 video of the same name.  It uses the exact same kind of imagery that is used to depict dreams in the film, but I can't seem to find anything saying that he actually directed it.  Perhaps he let them use some of his footage that wasn't used in the movie. 

Great! I want all the Hammers!

After getting a decent release of The Satanic Rites of Dracula (one I genuinely thought would never happen) I'm convinced any movie (barring three notable exceptions) can and will get a blu release..