Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHUD Blogs Troubleshootin'

Yeah I fixed your login this morning, I just never caught you on FB to tell you.  I also set up your Blogger account so you actually do have Blogger permissions now.  Glad it's working.

So to make it a blog and not a front page article, I just need to select the "Blog" category when I post? It used to have two different links for posting articles and posting blogs, so forgive me for being paranoid.

Yeah, that's all you gotta do.  And no need to be paranoid, if you click the wrong button it ain't no thang to go in and fix it.

I just did that. How do I go in and fix it? I'm seeing my new blog on the main page.

Ah, never mind, figured it out. Thanks again for fixing my login issues, Jeremy!

Why did Rene's last blog entry get it's own CHUD.com Main Page thread and Facebook Status from the site page? Is that how things are for all blogs now, or did something mess up?

I think I messed up. I fixed it. Still getting used to this new set up. Administrators, please delete that post on the main forum.

Yeah, Bloggers, when you're writing your blogs you have to MAKE SURE that "Blog" is the only box checked in the Categories section.  I'm working on streamlining it, but for now just pay extra attention to that.

Still no joy for me, I'm just getting an error about the username box being empty no matter how many times I type it in. Like Erix I'm a firefox user if that helps.

Not sure what's going on. The links I posted in my original Blog thread aren't working. I also bookmarked my author page for easy reference. But that link is no longer working either.

I see that the author name has been changed from Erik Antoine to just plain Erix. And all my blogs still exist, but I have no access to any publisher in order to make new ones.

Help?

Consult Butler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Savage View Post

Still no joy for me, I'm just getting an error about the username box being empty no matter how many times I type it in. Like Erix I'm a firefox user if that helps.

You've been fixed since this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erix View Post

Not sure what's going on. The links I posted in my original Blog thread aren't working. I also bookmarked my author page for easy reference. But that link is no longer working either.

I see that the author name has been changed from Erik Antoine to just plain Erix. And all my blogs still exist, but I have no access to any publisher in order to make new ones.

Help?

The port changed the URL structure.  Your old blogs still exist, but you're going to havr to go back and retrofit your old links to the new URL.  Your author page is also different, URL-Wise.  To see the new one, just post a blog (or go to one of your old ones) and click your name.  I can change your by-line name to whatever you'd like, just specify (I'll set it up to Erik Antoine now).  As far as a publisher to make new ones, go here: http://www.chud.com/wp-admin and log in with your Board name and password.

You're a prince JG. Thanx a bunch.

Just to make sure I don't muck this up, to post a new blog i log in , click on posts then add new.  And make sure I have blogs ticked at the right hand side under catagories?

Okay, maybe I'm missing something.  I'm in Wordpress right now trying to publish this week's blog, but I can't find a link or tab to allow me to do that on the Dashboard.  I just have "screen options" and "help" in the upper right for tabs.  How do I post?

AI have a bit of a problem. How are youtube videos embedded on the blog? I've tried all regular wordpress methods and they haven't worked.

How are we supposed to blog again? I emailed someone and hadn't had a response in 3 days.  If someone could hook my access back up that would be great.

neaux aka David Simoneaux

JG Butler is in charge of the stuff. If it's login issues you're having, he's the man.

AGuys, I’m going through a bit of a nightmarish issue with the blog (that’s a bit overdramatic, but you know…). Whenever I try to embed a video and I save the post as a draft or preview it, the embed code disappears.

Could you guys check if you’re able to embed videos and report back here, please?

I’ve already contacted Jeremy about this, but I’d like to know if any of you is having the same issue.

still no response from JGButler...  if you read this, Hook me up! I'd like to blog again please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neaux View Post

still no response from JGButler...  if you read this, Hook me up! I'd like to blog again please.

Sorry fella, been a little tied up elsewhere but I will get you set up very, very soon (e-mail me at jeremygbutler@gmail.com if you haven't already).

Also, Bloggers, I'm trying to track down the video embed issue that Natalia's having, what I need you guys to do is tell me if you've tried to embed, say, a Youtube video into one of your blogs and if SO, what happened?  If you haven't, can a few of you create test posts (don't publish - leave as draft, then delete when done so as not to clutter up the backend) and let me know what you encounter.

natalia and I were talking about that Youtube imbed issue on Twitter last night. All I can do is have the Youtube video linked into the text I have written for it on my blog article, rather than embed it as an actual Youtube video.

I'd really like to have that ability to embed Youtube videos also.

thanks JG. I sent an email last week, let me know if you need another.

So, I drafted a blog post, and it seems to be linked to my forum account when I preview it, instead of with the rest of the blog posts.  I tried my old CHUD blog log-in, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.  Am I doing something wrong?

Please pop a note to JG Butler, and he will make all your dreams come true.

Will do.  Thanks.

Neoolong's good.  Neaux - did I ever fix you up or did I leave you dangling?

Has anyone else noticed that the blog editor seems to be trippin' over the last 24 hours? Not saving changes, kicking me out to a login screen, not expanding to fullscreen mode--all of this is new. Maybe it's just me?