Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Snipes is a free man! Moltisanti rejoices!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/01/...ict/index.html

Quote:

Snipes acquitted of tax fraud, conspiracy

(CNN) -- Actor Wesley Snipes was found guilty Friday on three misdemeanor charges of failing to file tax returns -- but was cleared by a jury of more serious felony charges of tax fraud and conspiracy.

Snipes could have faced up to five years in prison on the conspiracy and fraud charges. He was found guilty of half -- three out of six -- of the failure to file charges. He faces a maximum one-year sentence on each, but is expected to be sentenced to less.

Snipes, who starred in such movies as "New Jack City," "White Men Can't Jump" and the "Blade" series of action films, pleaded not guilty to charges he failed to pay tens of millions of dollars in federal income tax.

On October 17, Justice Department and IRS officials issued an arrest warrant for Snipes that charged him with conspiring to defraud the Internal Revenue Service and presenting a fraudulent claim for payment to the IRS.

Snipes was charged in Florida because he lived in Windermere in Orange County, Florida, during the years covered by the indictment.

Two other men -- Eddie Ray Kahn and Douglas Rosile -- were charged with Snipes. Kahn was described in the indictment as the founder of what he billed as a Christian group, but allegedly was a "for-profit commercial enterprise that promoted and sold fraudulent tax schemes that interfered with the administration of the internal revenue laws of the United States."

Rosile is described as a former certified public accountant who continued to do accounting work after his license expired.

According to the indictment, the men claim the IRS is entitled only to income derived from foreign-based activities.

Kahn and Rosile were found guilty on fraud and conspiracy charges.

See! Always bet on black!
Quote:

Kahn and Rosile, some motherf**kers trying to ice-skate uphill, were found guilty on fraud and conspiracy charges.

Someone's always trying to...
Yay! Now he can finish post and looping on that crappy-sounding Shadow Man rip-off!
Wow! The IRS was bragging how much of an open and shut case this is. I guess Wesley's lawyer was right, "being crazy isn't against the law". Amen brother, amen.

Watch, he'll get no or very limited jail time...but he'll have to pay the IRS a shitload of money.

I'll tell you what he is guilty of. Owning the greatest tie my eyes have gazed upon. I sentence him to 3-5 years of continued fashion superiority. Court is adjourned!
That tie could bring in aliens.
There's a Good chance we'll see Wesley back in theaters if that sharp tie shows up in GALLOWWALKER.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti
View Post

!

Day-Glowalker.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moltisanti
View Post

I'll tell you what he is guilty of. Owning the greatest tie my eyes have gazed upon. I sentence him to 3-5 years of continued fashion superiority. Court is adjourned!

Beautiful.
He got three years:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/04/24/wesley-gets-three-years/
Damn, 3 years!
No!
What if GALLOWWALKER reshoots are needed?
As long as he gets some more Total Gym ads on the air, I'll be set. How come nobody's cast him opposite Norris yet?
Wesley Snipes will have to change his name to Wesley Pipes, but I believe that's already taken.
Any word on if he has to spend his sentence in stasis? And will John Spartan be there to greet him when he's thawed out?
See? See what happens when some motherfucker tries to ice skate up a hill? And what's Ice T's and Judd Nelson's reaction to this news?
Quote:

Actor Wesley Snipes was found guilty Friday on three misdemeanor charges of failing to file tax returns... He faces a maximum one-year sentence on each, but is expected to be sentenced to less.

You have an odd definition for "free".
I look forward to seeing his full catalog of toothpick houses he builds while in the slammer.
Don't Always Bet On Black.

I can't pity the man much. If you stupid enough to beleive crackpot Libertarian theories about how the income tax is illegal and you don't have to pay it ,that level of stupidity tends to lose my sympathy.
Still seems a bit harsh. If you drink and drive on a regular basis and risk the lives of innocent people: one day in jail. Don't give the Gov their cut: you're going down brother.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkatthemoon
View Post
Still seems a bit harsh. If you drink and drive on a regular basis and risk the lives of innocent people: one day in jail.

Maybe in Missouri. Here, in Pennsylvania, they're gonna burn you down, brother. A second DUI, even at the lowest level (Incapable of Safe Driving, 75 Pa.C.S. 3802(a)(1)), nets you a mandatory minimum incarceration of 5 days in the stir.
I was speaking more on the lines of: Lohan, Paris Hilton, Ritchie Sambora, ect.

You know, skank, no talent celebs.

Couldn't Snipes go to some kinda "Tax Rehab"?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkatthemoon
View Post
Couldn't Snipes go to some kinda "Tax Rehab"?

It's called prison and fines.
See I know what happens now. Wesley enters the prison but then Ving Rhames gets convicted of rape and it's unclear if he is guilty. Anyway Ving will be a general asshole and think he owns the prison. However Wesley will bide his time quietly. But see there is this old mobster and he loves to watch fights. So in the end he will be forced to duke it out in a boxing match. Of course it's not an official win since it's not an official fight. But Wesley, he knows he is undisputed, he knows damn well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waaaaaaaalt
View Post
See I know what happens now. Wesley enters the prison but then Ving Rhames gets convicted of rape and it's unclear if he is guilty. Anyway Ving will be a general asshole and think he owns the prison. However Wesley will bide his time quietly. But see there is this old mobster and he loves to watch fights. So in the end he will be forced to duke it out in a boxing match. Of course it's not an official win since it's not an official fight. But Wesley, he knows he is undisputed, he knows damn well.

OOhhh, sorry, this joke has already been made twelve times.

His twitter is full of amazing stuff like that.

AFor some reason I always thought Snipes was probably a bit of a dick. Then I found his twitter and discovered he's a lovable scamp!
AYeah, I love Snipes on twitter. Makes me wish he'd sign up to post here, he'd give Nooj a run for his money.