Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Going to the Gym
#1
I've been getting to the gym lately and I'm a bit proud of myself. What gym's do you all belong to, and what makes you want to go?
Reply
#2
I gave up the gym about a year ago. I ended up buying one of the higher end Bowflexes. I don't miss it except for some of the beautiful women there and using the heavy weights.
Reply
#3
Getting stronger and stronger so I can finally get your family to bleed when I rape them.
Reply
#4
Don't talk about going to the gym. Do it and like it, but talking about it is dumb.
Reply
#5
Oh and the ONLY reason for going.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
Reply
#6
I go to an LA Fatness that's a block away from work on my lunch break, because I would like to achieve my lifelong goal of being able to power-clean a Buick, run down a herd of antelope and kill one with my teeth, and angrily fuck a tractor in half.

Also, I just recently peaked with a 1000-lb split between bench, squat, and deadlift and want to be part of the 1500 club by the time the year's out.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata
View Post
Don't talk about going to the gym. Do it and like it, but talking about it is dumb.

Can this be a List of Dumb item? Maybe have DSV on a treadmill or something?
Reply
#7
What I want to know is what goods and/or services thefaint287 will be telling us about in the near future.
Reply
#8
And whom ever said Roid rage was bad, is a big fat liar!
Reply
#9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott
View Post
What I want to know is what goods and/or services thefaint287 will be telling us about in the near future.

I hope it's fast food. Please be fast food. Hopefully Schlotzky's Deli.

So hungry.
Reply
#10
My goal it to focus on working out one arm until I can beat Jake at arm wrestling. I figure I should be ready sometime in late 2020.
Reply
#11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post
So hungry.

In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries NEVER!
Reply
#12
The only good thing that ever came out of the word "gym":

Reply
#13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Savage
View Post
The only good thing that ever came out of the word "gym":


Whomever Gymkata, pommel horse wins.
Reply
#14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post
I go to an LA Fatness that's a block away from work on my lunch break, because I would like to achieve my lifelong goal of being able to power-clean a Buick....

Johnny Carson already beat you to it.
Reply
#15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tieman
View Post
My goal it to focus on working out one arm until I can beat Jake at arm wrestling. I figure I should be ready sometime in late 2020.

It's offical, Tieman is aiming to become the Lincoln Hawk of the Chud Boards. Watch out when he turns that ballcap around!
Reply
#16
Martin Savage wins. That's about as close to a gym as I've been in years (I'm not a fatass, I swear!)

Oh, and billy, as for the Conan quote I have to say: that's why I do everything. Yes, even when I read CHUD, I pathologically desire to hear the lamentations of your women. It's like a beautiful aria to me.
Reply
#17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post
I go to an LA Fatness that's a block away from work on my lunch break, because I would like to achieve my lifelong goal of being able to power-clean a Buick, run down a herd of antelope and kill one with my teeth, and angrily fuck a tractor in half.

Judging from what we've seen of you, I'd peg this for about noon tomorrow PST. We should all start running for our lives now to get a head start.
Reply
#18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post
I hope it's fast food. Please be fast food. Hopefully Schlotzky's Deli.

Where I live, they closed the Schlotzsky's Deli and converted it into a White Castle. Mmmmm, so good.
Reply
#19
I don't go to the gym. I go to the yoga center. I'm very flexible.









Oh, go ahead. Make your stupid little jokes. I'll just be over here not falling down my front steps when I'm 70.
Reply
#20
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissZooey
View Post
I'll just be over here not falling down my front steps when I'm 70.

Well, at least the siren song of your hips won't be affected.
Reply
#21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
View Post
I go to an LA Fatness that's a block away from work on my lunch break, because I would like to achieve my lifelong goal of being able to power-clean a Buick, run down a herd of antelope and kill one with my teeth, and angrily fuck a tractor in half.

Is that like...all in a row? Like some fucking batshit crazy Iron Man competition? Cuz G4 needs to make that into a show. Ninja Warrior is just the first logical step in that process.

hehe Reminds me of a Mr. Show line...

"Have you ever eaten a train piece by piece AFTER you just derailed it with your penis?"
"Yes."
"Aah, man!"
"It was for charity!"
Reply
#22
In the immortal words of Cal Naughton "cuzz I like to party"
Reply
#23
Quote:

Don't talk about going to the gym. Do it and like it, but talking about it is dumb.

Sounds like someone can't benchpress their body weight.
Reply
#24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlord
View Post
Sounds like someone can't benchpress their body weight.

Well, it does take a He-Man to be a G-Man.

Reply
#25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissZooey
View Post
I don't go to the gym. I go to the yoga center. I'm very flexible. Oh, go ahead. Make your stupid little jokes. I'll just be over here not falling down my front steps when I'm 70.

A woman doing yoga is cool and kinda sexy, so no jokes from us. Does DaveB go too? Because that's deserving of mockery.

I don't go to a gym because I'd rather lie on the floor and eat cupcakes, but I have a semi-serious question (for guys): Isn't the presence of hot hard-bodied women in skimpy exercise attire distracting? Isn't it uncomfortable trying to complete a set of squat thrusts with a raging erection?
Reply
#26
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekkerbee
View Post
Isn't the presence of hot hard-bodied women in skimpy exercise attire distracting? Isn't it uncomfortable trying to complete a set of squat thrusts with a raging erection?

Yes. And I'm the most insular bastard out there when it comes to the gym. I put on something nice and calming like Slayer and go to town in the power rack. It was safe from the Curling Kids Club and sparsely populated - until some new girl recently arrived who actually does deadlifts and split squats.

Now I have to face firm Armenian bubble-ass in tight clothing while trying to squat or dead heavy, and I fucking hate it. Tunnel-Vision is ineffective when it comes to the shallowness of the manbrain.
Reply
#27
Distraction? What's that you say? It's the complete opposite for me, I go to the gym not only because I like being healthy but because I like really hot women. I'm shallow like that.
Reply
#28
Quote:

Originally Posted by thefaint287
View Post
I've been getting to the gym lately and I'm a bit proud of myself.

Do you have asian balls?
Reply
#29
I tried going to the gym once. It turned out that the one I chose was full of club bouncers, strippers and enforcers for the Russian mob. That mixture of apprehension and hotness was not pleasant and I quit about after two weeks. I moved to a much nicer neighborhood since but gyms still make me nervous.
Reply
#30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlord
View Post
Sounds like someone can't benchpress their body weight.

I know I'm one of those people.
Reply
#31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlord
View Post
Sounds like someone can't benchpress their body weight.

Guns! The great equalizer.
Reply
#32
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekkerbee
View Post
A woman doing yoga is cool and kinda sexy, so no jokes from us. Does DaveB go too? Because that's deserving of mockery.

I've asked this question before, but - could someone please explain the male antipathy to yoga to me? It requires a considerable amount of strength, insane flexibility, and concentration to do it well. It's not like we're all sitting around on pillows, thinking nice thoughts about flowers for an hour and a half. The only thing that's girly about yoga is the makeup of the classes, as very few men seem to want to come.
Reply
#33
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissZooey
View Post
I've asked this question before, but - could someone please explain the male antipathy to yoga to me? It requires a considerable amount of strength, insane flexibility, and concentration to do it well. It's not like we're all sitting around on pillows, thinking nice thoughts about flowers for an hour and a half. The only thing that's girly about yoga is the makeup of the classes, as very few men seem to want to come.

I know guys who can bench twice their own bodyweight who do yoga. It's a great exercise - I'm thinking about working it in at some point, since static stretching and foam-rolling only does so much for flexibility. I've never understood the antipathy either: it's not like jazzercise or aerobics, not gimmicky like Tae-Bo, and it's actually pretty fucking hard.
Reply
#34
Seriously, people, get your ass to the gym. You never know what wonders you may see.
Reply
#35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissZooey
View Post
I've asked this question before, but - could someone please explain the male antipathy to yoga to me? It requires a considerable amount of strength, insane flexibility, and concentration to do it well. It's not like we're all sitting around on pillows, thinking nice thoughts about flowers for an hour and a half. The only thing that's girly about yoga is the makeup of the classes, as very few men seem to want to come.

I was among those laughing at yoga, until my wife took me along for a class. As someone who practiced martial arts and sparred for 8 years, I considered myself pretty fit. I came out of that class drenched and sored. It really makes your body work in a very different way than any gym work, and while closer to martial arts, it's still not close. If I had the time/money (yoga classes ain't cheap), I would have supplemented my kungfu training with yoga.

And beside, yoga is great for fighting.

Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)