Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to the Gym
ASomewhere I was whinging about how long it was taking to get rid of belly/moobs and love handles.

Then I came across a photo of me taken 5 months ago and it suddenly put into focus how much I had lost. Bear in mind as well this photo is after losing 9 kg (19lbs 13 oz in freedom units). Spoilered since I'm sure no-one wants to stumble on topless photos of me.

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/249346/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
[/SPOILER]

This is now

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]
[IMG ALT=""]http://www.chud.com/community/content/type/61/id/249347/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
[/SPOILER]
Smarter use of the gym. Eating more, but better, drinking less. HIIT. Think I'm now lighter than I have been in 12 years (another 4kg beyond photo 1)

So, even though I still have a way to go, I'm pretty stoked and not feeling like I'm wasting my time.

Killin' it Andy!

Nice Andy!

I've managed to get to the gym (on lunch breaks from work) maybe 2-3 times a week since January, for the first time in nearly 20 years.  Resulting in keeping myself consistently (just) below 175 lbs for most of the year, when for at least a decade I was 185+.  I wrestled through high school and went to college partly on a wrestling scholarship, when necessarily to make weight, at the time I was averaging 115 lbs.  I still can't fathom how I'm 60 lbs bigger now, and have been that and larger forever.

I'd love to be a trimmer 165, and I do eat much better now, but that would seem to require cutting back on drinking.  Not quite there yet.

Apull up those pants, you young punk!!!

But- but... beer!

I am so so so thankful that I've never been a heavy drinker.  Cutting out booze entirely is a breeze for me, but I see a lot of people, specifically very social people who act like it's torture.

Ah shut up Freeman.

#HumbleBrag

AI am not going to read through the entire thread but has anyone ever done mud runs? I am thinking about training for the Spartan race. I have done a local mud run (Swampfoot 4 Mile) and loved it.
AUsed to do it until I blew out my knees. Always fun but the cost of some of them got to be a bit high.

I was gonna do a tough mudder back in 2014... until I broke my foot.

After that, I lost whatever interest I had in doing any event like that.

I'm currently taking kickboxing fitness classes in the morning.  I really don't like working out, so getting it over and done with early in the morning for an active hour seems to work ok for me.  For now...

AI stepped in a puddle while running a couple weeks ago.
Alookit you go!!

I was once running years ago and rolled my ankle on a stray apple lying on the sidewalk

never gonna run again

Ew, no. Running through shitty looking mud looks so not fun.

I'll just continue to shoot for pulling 400lbs in the gym, thank you very much.

AJust don't get drunk... and climb on rolls of astro turf then jump off.
Torn ACL in my left knee and torn meniscus in both.
A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/105812/going-to-the-gym/1860#post_4460257"]lookit you go!!

I was once running years ago and rolled my ankle on a stray apple lying on the sidewalk

never gonna run again[/quote]

I've rolled my ankle a couple times. Then I just kept running, like a boss.
ABrad Cruise!

Brother of Tom!

ATom Cruise wishes he could run like I do.

I always forget that knight and day was a movie!

AEveryone has.
A[quote name="mcnooj82" url="/community/t/105812/going-to-the-gym/1850#post_4460220"]I'm currently taking kickboxing fitness classes in the morning.  I really don't like working out, so getting it over and done with early in the morning for an active hour seems to work ok for me.  For now...[/quote]

Hitting and/or kicking things is also the best therapy and/or stress relief known to mankind, so your plan of attack seems like win-win-win.
AI have such RAGE to purge!!!

jab jab jab cross hook uppercut!!
AWhen you reach the next level they have you start bringing in the headbutts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post

Hitting and/or kicking things is also the best therapy and/or stress relief known to mankind, so your plan of attack seems like win-win-win.

If this were true, boxers would be the most zen minded athletes on the planet. But then, competitive athletes are pretty fucked up, so they're (we're) not the best gauge as to whats good mental therapy. Hehe.

And I LIKE Knight and Day and am now going to watch it......

To steal a line from the immortal Real Genius, I run when chased. Cycling is my preferred "movement-based" exercise. The downside being, of course, that you're weather dependent. And I'm not one of those die-hards who cycles when it's 40 degrees out.

AI'm always being chased when I run, like Austin Powers at the beginning of the first movie.
Ashow us the freezeframe evidence!!!

(complete with title overlay)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradito View Post

I'm always being chased when I run, like Austin Powers at the beginning of the first movie.

...or The Beetles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smugbug View Post

...or The Beetles?

NONSENSE!!!!

it's more like TRAINSPOTTING!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smugbug View Post

...or The Beetles?

I hate myself for doing this but...

Beatles.