Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Two Towers discussion
Quote:

mikah912:
Quote:

Tony Bag o'donuts:
They like each other quite a bit, huh?

Steve is his best friend in the whole wide world.

They REALLY like each other a lot.

Catherine know about this situation?

And you mean to tell me they are all alone in that theatre?

Gah the best kind of movie experience.
Quote:

mikah912:
Quote:

CTDeLude:
Right now Nick has quite the large smile on his face.

At least there is a 99.9999999999% chance tht he does.

I'm gonna say it's 100 percent due to the fact that he and Steve are relatively alone sitting right next to each other in a darkened room.

Okay now I'm anxiously awaiting two Nunziata reactions; the reaction to TTT and the reaction to Micah's little jab.
I believe it's Nick, Steve, and about 40 really burly guys who hang at this club they frequent sometimes.

I think I've already said too much...
I agree with Carl.

TTT FotR

Domestic: 290$ 313$

Worldwide: 700$ 860$
Quote:

Smirk-quilibrium:
Quote:

Clarence Beaks:
It's all lies. Nick is now watching MAID IN MANHATTAN for what is disturbingly his sixth viewing in four days. An intervention may be necessary.

Definite nomination for Post of the Day.

I'll second that.
Loving how big this thread has gotten. Think it'll reach AOTC status by the time all is said and done?
Just out of spite, I was considering spamming Nick's cell phone while he's in the screening.

But I'm a bigger man than that.

(And I fear the revenge factor)
I really hope not.

Oh, I want people to discuss the movie and enjoy it, but that AOTC had so much extraneous filler for the sake of boosting the thread count....blech.

There isn't long to wait, I'm sure. I believe the whole reason why I'm covering a screening for Nick tonight is so he can see the film, perhaps eat, and then run home to share his feelings with you guys.
Quote:

Verbal Kint:
Loving how big this thread has gotten. Think it'll reach AOTC status by the time all is said and done?

God let's hope not.
I didn't think so.

Come to think of it, it probably won't be too huge because there won't be as many people divided over it.
10, I think.
I am looking forward with great fervor to seeing this on opening day. In fact, a friend and I are thinking of taking a day of absense from work just to go see it and not have to worry about being tired while watching the film after a day at work. Plus, we both already have tickets (from the LOTR DVD giftpack.)

And since this seems like the most appropriate place for information pertaining to the film, I discovered two small gems in the DarkHorizons.com archives from the past week, as I haven't been visiting that site as often as I used to, because I have been sucked into these MBs.

Anyway, a small non-spoilerish clip from the film itself in QuickTime. <a href="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/AOL_ttt_01.mov" target="_blank">Here</a> you go!

And also, SoundtrackNet got to interview composer Howard Shore about the music for this next film and they provide a complete breakdown of each track from the soundtrack <a href="http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=100" target="_blank">here</a>, including 30-second mp3 clips of the actual tracks themselves for you to judge the description by. This is the first place I have seen them all available, as Gollum's Song was the only track available for download at the official soundtrack site for the film.

Also, last week I started a thread that got no response about the exclusive Internet-only Limited Edition Soundtrack for the film that is now available for purchase online, but there will also be a regular soundtrack and a limited edition soundtrack with extra tracks. This Internet-only one will have what the regular limited edition will have and then even more goodies. So, essentially, there will be 3 choices. More details <a href="http://66.118.172.75/board/ubbhtml/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008806" target="_blank">here</a>.

Enjoy, fellow halflings!!

If it hasn't already started, Nick and Steve are now preparing to be immersed in the battle of Helm's Deep.

*crying*
I think you guys are off on the box office potential on this one. I can't tell you how many people I've talked to who never made it to see FOTR at the theatre, but caught it on DVD and were blown away. I expect this one to do bigger business than its predecessor.
We'll see. Anecdotal evidence is a poor barometer of public taste.
*twiddles thumbs impatiently*
Quote:

Andrew 'moovyphreak' Molinaro:
I am looking forward with great fervor to seeing this on opening day. In fact, a friend and I are thinking of taking a day of absense from work just to go see it and not have to worry about being tired while watching the film after a day at work. Plus, we both already have tickets (from the LOTR DVD giftpack.)

And since this seems like the most appropriate place for information pertaining to the film, I discovered two small gems in the DarkHorizons.com archives from the past week, as I haven't been visiting that site as often as I used to, because I have been sucked into these MBs.

Anyway, a small non-spoilerish clip from the film itself in QuickTime. <a href="http://img-nex.theonering.net/movies/AOL_ttt_01.mov" target="_blank">Here</a> you go!

And also, SoundtrackNet got to interview composer Howard Shore about the music for this next film and they provide a complete breakdown of each track from the soundtrack <a href="http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=100" target="_blank">here</a> including mp3s of the actual tracks themselves. This is the first place I have seen them all available, as Gollum's Song was the only track available for download at the official soundtrack site for the film.

Also, last week I started a thread that got no
Enjoy, fellow halflings!!

You really should start visiting the Franchises forum, Andrew.
Just a quick note about the box tallies from the remaining LOTR movies. The production has already paid for itself with the receipts from FOTR. What sets apart the take for TTT and ROTK (theatrically and home video) is that, save marketing and printing, the box office will be pure profit. Mark this down as VERY attractive to the studios as we go forward.
Hopefully Nick's screening is nothing like <a href="http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13966" target="_blank">this one</a>:
Quote:

Hey Harry - Just back from an MTV "Movie House" screening of "The Two Towers." This is not going to be a review of the amazing movie I just saw (which I believe I can say is my favorite of the year) (so you have an idea of my tastes, that list also includes Adaptation, Punch-Drunk Love, Bowling for Columbine and About Schmidt (in that order)). No....this is not a review of "The Two Towers," this is a criticism of the devils who work for, and represent, MTV.

I wasn't aware of what MTV's "Movie House" was/is (hopefully it will only be "was" after this season). Apparently the show consists of watching movie-goers walk into a theater, watch them fake scream 'n' holler, and then interview them a bit afterwards and ask what they thought of the film. Oh...maybe I forgot one other part of the show...they also GO INTO THE THEATER WITH A CAMERA WITH A BIG LIGHT ON IT D! URING THE FILM AND ASK RANDOM PEOPLE WHAT THEY THINK OF THE MOVIE WHILE THEY'RE WATCHING IT!

Death would be too good for the fucker pulling this at my screening.
Quote:

mikah912:
We'll see. Anecdotal evidence is a poor barometer of public taste.

I would necessarily agree with you here. But I did visit the links you've shared with us and I did realize that you were misunderstood and Carl backed you up. Anyway, a year has passed, FOTR is a resounding success, and the DVDs (two versions) has earned many fans as well.

I think anectodal evidence for TTT is a good barometer of public taste.

Then if we look back at one of the old thread, we'll see that TTT might conceivably shatter FOTR's Box Office records. (I'm just being an overtly pessimist fanboy here.)

Here's what FOTR has proven (and the following discussions were based on a 30 minute screening!):

Quote:

MICAH:
LOTR has a massive built-in LITERARY audience, which doesn't carry as much weight with me, based on previous films based on best-selling books.

It COULD reach that number, but I don't see it being likely.

Quote:

NICK:
The fans are going to see this film 4 or 5 times. Multiply that by the millions and millions of people aready planning to see it.

Quote:

NICK:
Lord of the Rings is known by MILLIONS for being one of the greatest stories ever told.

Quote:

NICK:
The readership is drastically different. Lord of the Rings is literature that has been touched by all races and creeds for dozens of years. X-Men is a top selling title in a market that's gasping for air.

Just wanted to add this because Nick mentioned Filipinos:

Quote:

NICK:
Jesuits, Filipinos, and Orthodox Greeks do not read the X-Men, as reported by the bureau for the ethical treatment of gifted youngsters.

Quote:

NICK:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is even close to as good as the mix of action, dramatic scenes, and just plain coolness we saw it's going to make 300+ million.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CARL:
In a perfect world, sure. In THIS one... longshot.

Total Gross: $313,111,364
<a href="http://www.boxofficemojo.com/data/lordoftherings/" target="_blank">http://www.boxofficemojo.com/data/lordoftherings/</a>

I just feel that such anectodal evidence might actually carry scientific weight this time around for this particular film (TTT).
Quote:

Poxy Von Sinister:
Hopefully Nick's screening is nothing like <a href="http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13966" target="_blank">this one</a>:
Quote:

Hey Harry - Just back from an MTV "Movie House" screening of "The Two Towers." This is not going to be a review of the amazing movie I just saw (which I believe I can say is my favorite of the year) (so you have an idea of my tastes, that list also includes Adaptation, Punch-Drunk Love, Bowling for Columbine and About Schmidt (in that order)). No....this is not a review of "The Two Towers," this is a criticism of the devils who work for, and represent, MTV.

I wasn't aware of what MTV's "Movie House" was/is (hopefully it will only be "was" after this season). Apparently the show consists of watching movie-goers walk into a theater, watch them fake scream 'n' holler, and then interview them a bit afterwards and ask what they thought of the film. Oh...maybe I forgot one other part of the show...they also GO INTO THE THEATER WITH A CAMERA WITH A BIG LIGHT ON IT D! URING THE FILM AND ASK RANDOM PEOPLE WHAT THEY THINK OF THE MOVIE WHILE THEY'RE WATCHING IT!

Death would be too good for the fucker pulling this at my screening.

Can't imagine anyone pulling a crazy stunt such as this in the UK - there would be hell to pay.
Good God, can you imagine the horror if MTV movie house showed their own print of the film. The majority of the frame would be taken up by little fact tidbits running at the bottom of the screen, the MTV logo showing better production values than most independent films, and a little picture-in-picture window of some ditz saying how she thinks Orlando Bloom is cute every two minutes.

:Confusedhudders::
Well, it doesn't really matter to me how off or accurate I am on the box office. It shouldn't matter to anyone. The films, advertising, and print costs are almost paid for...most of it's cake by now.

It's all on rails now. Release film and make lots of cake, hyperbole-filled reviews and raves ensue, grumbles from dissenters follow, DVD is released, repeat if desired.
Well, barring any delays, Nick's screening should be over now.
If TTT get's BEST PICTURE nominations, it will exceed 300 million.

Is that a longshot? wink

Quote:

Poxy Von Sinister:

I sure hope he isn't delayed at the bus station.
They have a big light on the camera for the mid-film interviews on that stupid Movie House show? But all that stuff is shot with night-vision. Ugh, what a dumb show. I hope the kids thought it was "phat", "hott", and "off the hook."
Quote:

Poxy Von Sinister:

I'm supposed to be getting ready for work, but here I am eagerly waiting for Nick's thoughts. Grrr.....
By now, he should have gone through his twelfth pair of pants and is getting into the car, hands shaking and mind blown.
Screw Nick.

I'm waiting in breathless anticipation of the review from Empire Magazine, so she can tell us the further exploits of "the Bow Guy" and "Peter Jenkins" and speak of the horrors that was LOTR:TTT.
I'm in here because I happened to be trapped at work until i can leave to handle this Empire screening, but there's no sense in waiting with baited breath, guys.

I'm almost sure he went to get something to eat with Steve immediately afterwards and to sort his thoughts out to boot.

I wouldn't expect anything until 7-ish or even later.
Quote:

mecha superior:
If TTT get's BEST PICTURE nominations, it will exceed 300 million.

Is that a longshot? wink

Someone on the Gold Derby boards made the very good point that if Godfather Parts II and III got Best Picture nominations, it isn't completely out of the question for TTT to pick up one.
Quote:

Smirk-quilibrium:
Screw Nick.

I'm waiting in breathless anticipation of the review from Empire Magazine, so she can tell us the further exploits of "the Bow Guy" ...

Now there's a blast of nostalgia; that poor woman sure copped some flak.
Quote:

Devin Updating:
Leaving for my screening now!!!

We hates it! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates it!
But it was pretty funny flak, wasn't it?