Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHUD LIST: You Got It All Wrong!
I actually didn't really like these very much. I thought they kind of pushed the superior thing a bit hard, and seemed more about pissing people off than generating discussion. But looking back at this thread, I see I did the same thing, making an argument for the inclusion of Citizen Kane, and I totally enjoyed how pissed everyone got, so I'm a big hypocrite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjen Rudd
View Post
I actually didn't really like these very much. I thought they kind of pushed the superior thing a bit hard, and seemed more about pissing people off than generating discussion.

I never saw it that way, I thought the articles were intelligent and could be challening, and that people only got mad about them because having their opinions challenged tends to be frowned upon for some reason. If we're willing to meet the writers halfway on these things then a discussion can open up, but some people are very precious about their opinions and that tends to make people get defensive and shut down.

Basically I'm saying it's everyone elses fault, and that I want to see more of these articles!
I recall a lot of good discussion from these articles. Either your classics can withstand the microscope, or it's revealed that it is indeed time to re-examine. Healthiest kind of film discussion.