Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behold the spider-cricket

Join me in a resounding chorus of: "GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

P.S. Someone should make a sticky called "Random posts/comments"
Depending on which part of the picture I focus on, it's alternately deeply horrifying and a little cute.
Fuck me, I want to die just looking at that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BTSMGL
View Post
Join me in a resounding chorus of: "GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

No - you join me in a resounding chorus of: "SQUISH!"
I thought it was Squeeeee
Those guys are actually awesome. Harmless. Cool to look at. Great little guys.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwartz
View Post
Depending on which part of the picture I focus on, it's alternately deeply horrifying and a little cute.

I can see cuteness, for sure. The eye goes a long way.
They look pretty harmless, not overly spider-ish. It's really hard to judge the photo scale-wise, are they about the same size as a normal cricket?

Of course, nothing will ever be as scary as this unholy union of spider and my worst nightmares-

Holy Starship Troopers Batman ..... What the fuck is that thing?
That's two things, right?
What is that thing the soldier is holding? It looks like a face-hugger. Is that in Irak?
My mother-in-law has a partially dug out basement (or "open" basement, I guess), and I went down there one day to check the furnace, and saw those things every where and was like, "What the hell are those? Crickets? Spiders? The beginnings of Starship Troopers?"

I'm not afraid of insects, for the most part, but I think I'd lose my shit if I found this in my room.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martianman
View Post
My mother-in-law has a partially dug out basement (or "open" basement, I guess), and I went down there one day to check the furnace, and saw those things every where and was like, "What the hell are those? Crickets? Spiders? The beginnings of Starship Troopers?"

The fact that you are alive to write about this indicates that you are talking about the first bug and not the second one.
Jesus, Trejo! Are you out of your mind posting those things when I have to try to go to sleep in a couple of hours? They're bound to be under the bed. If you see me on the cover of tomorrow's NY Post, caught in the mutant lobster-claws of that thing, you'll be to blame.
To those posting pictures: FUCK YOU!

It's a good thing I live far, far away from nature, or I'd start walking around carrying a flamethrower.
"Annie, there's a freaky looking spider-cricket thing the size of a Buick in your bathtub!"

Ehh, doesn't have the same ring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTSMGL
View Post

I'm not afraid of insects, for the most part, but I think I'd lose my shit if I found this in my room.

What in the hell is that thing supposed to be anyways?
A Death Spider... in heat.
NO.
If global warming is our last resort to extinguish these fuckers...so be it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Nunziata
View Post
Those guys are actually awesome. Harmless. Cool to look at. Great little guys.

I won't go as far as to call them "awesome", but they're all around here. They're like crickets with "mad ups". Around the same size too, so it's not like that horrible camel spider thing(who looks like his abdomen is chock-full of those plastic things that price tags are on).
Well, NOW I don't want to go to Iraq.

And yes, it's real.
Steve Murphy was right!
It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Dickson
View Post

And yes, it's real.

WANT!!! If only so I can put a leash on it and take it for walkies (or crawlies in this case). Oh, the looks I'll get in my neighborhood...
This thread is making me cry.
This is every Darius Twin boss come to life. And I hate it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Dickson
View Post

And yes, it's real.

From the wiki:

Quote:

It is also called the robber crab or palm thief, because some coconut crabs are rumored to steal shiny items such as pots and silverware from houses and tents.

The Blair Witch Project = Explained.
This thread is pure unadulterated nightmare fuel.

FUCKING SPIDERS
Man I was doing just fine, not terrified of these creatures at all, then that crab picture was posted.

"Holy Jesus what are these goddamn animals?"
That crab thing crazy, but what the FUCK is that thing with the red fangs?!?!
I could deal with the size of the crab if it didn't look so deformed. Maybe it's just the angle, but it looks like a collection of tumors with 2 legs on one side and 3 on the other and one giant claw and one little one.
Makes him less scary to me.Poor little fella's put together all weird, I'm sure the normal crabs make fun of him. C'mere boy, I'll give you a huggAAAAUGGHGHU GET IT OFF OF ME!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry Badger
View Post
That crab thing crazy, but what the FUCK is that thing with the red fangs?!?!

Whatever it is, it makes people poop pants. How do I know? Because I did.