Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behold the spider-cricket
Remember, if you fall asleep you could wake up to this:

This thread should have stayed in the mist...

*wonders how fast that "robber crab" guy is*
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Dnim
View Post
Remember, if you fall asleep you could wake up to this:

I hate life.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amphibatron
View Post

Can't rep you enough sir.
That Spider-Cricket looks like the fucking Cloverfield monster.

As for that... that THING on the garbage can... shudder...
This is the best thread I have ever seen.
Quote:

Originally Posted by D. B. Cooper
View Post
That Spider-Cricket looks like the fucking Cloverfield monster.

As for that... that THING on the garbage can... shudder...

At least the spider crickets are small. There are 3 other insects on this page that I am FAR more terrified of.

And Amphibatron, it took me far longer to figure that one out than it should have, but fucking awesome. Hey what can I say? It's late.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BTSMGL
View Post

This looks exactly like a tree weta. So cute.
There is no God.
You know, all of these horrible, giant, mutant crab-spider things wouldn't be nearly as scary if you put Barbie dresses on them. Or Santa hats.
Y'know, I never saw that movie, Jake, so I have to ask - the girl next to him. Is she actually wearing a *bee* outfit? Or is this a really scary version of Blind Mellon's "No Rain" video?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Dickson
View Post

And yes, it's real.

"Timmy, take out the garbage."

"You go fuck yourself, Dad."
In Russia, garbage takes YOU out!
As a life-long arachnophobe, none of the pictures in this thread (save perhaps the camel-spider) have set off my "SpiderSense".
I can be scared senseless by a tiny spider the size of my fingernail, but huge insects are just cool. Crabs can be as big as they want, but they're still just crabs.
Suddenly, The Mist...got a whole lot scarier. Who knew how much they could of (or maybe did?)saved by using these critters. What we have here is the best casting for Arachniphobia 2
Does the coconut crab go "Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham?" as it snips extremities off your body?

Furthermore, the wiki entry says they've been known to break into homes and steal shiny stuff like teapots. I must say, the mental picture of a crab scurrying off with a teapot in its hands might be one of the funniest things I've pictured in the last year.
The faster you imagine him, the funnier he gets, but also the scarier. It's a dilemma.
He has to be making the Zoidberg sound too.

If O'Brien wanted me to betray my disproportionately attractive girlfriend, he would use these fuckers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Clark
View Post
Does the coconut crab go "Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham?" as it snips extremities off your body?

Furthermore, the wiki entry says they've been known to break into homes and steal shiny stuff like teapots. I must say, the mental picture of a crab scurrying off with a teapot in its hands might be one of the funniest things I've pictured in the last year.

Ahaha, the lobstrocities were the first thing I thought of too.
I was going to post this behind a link, but it's funnier if people come upon this unawares. Besides, if you're reading this thread you should more or less know what to expect:

"Guys, do I have something on my back?"

Oh Hell Naw.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Dickson
View Post

And yes, it's real.

Seriously, fuck that thing.
I'm kinda with Crowley in that the smaller spiders often scare me more. Bigger ones can be fuzzy and cute - the one on the dude's back is just funny. The thin, hard limbs and the small size are part of what makes spiders scary; it means they're on a different scale - you can't fight them, you can't always see them, etc. But this big one... I can punch it, you know?

Okay, carry on with the pictures.
Why do I keep coming in this thread? What sort of sick masochist am I?
I would rather look at the pictures in the Uncle Dirty thread than this series of nightmares.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissZooey
View Post

Troof. The coconut crab doesn't scare me in the least. Everything else? Terrifying.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graynadian
View Post

If O'Brien wanted me to betray my disproportionately attractive girlfriend, he would use these fuckers.

That scene in PJ's King Kong creeped the fuck out of me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissZooey
View Post

Honestly, you and me both. I just finished watching The Mist, and I just don't know what the fuck I was thinking coming into this thread. Lemme calm down from the movie first...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg
Johan,

looks delicious.