Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHUD's SLASHER MOVIE THREAD
Just 'cos I want attention I thought I'd post a link to my CHUDblog in here:
My Favorite Slasher Movies: Absurd
Is Absurd a slasher film? It’s more in that indefinable genre that includes Faceless (and all Dr Orloff clones), Nightmares In A Damaged Brain and Don’t Go In The House: if you can have police procedurals, then I guess you can have serial killer procedurals?

Pity it’s not available anywhere though. In a world where we’re able to get Jess Franco’s Jack the Ripper quite freely, we should be able to get George Eastman lumbering about with murderous intent in every form.
I think it might be impossible to define a "slasher" film ... Jaws 2 is a slasher film in every way that matters. But it's not one that people immediately think about when talking about the subgenre.

I saw New Year's Evil a few months ago and thought it was pretty unique. It has a strange sense of humor, and I'm not sure if the killer's odd behavior was supposed be unsettling or humorous. Plus it has bitchin' theme song.

Nice thread bump. I can't believe that BARELY last fall I finally got that Bava set that has Bay Of Blood. It was certainly worth the $15.99 I paid on Amazon for it. Really gory, and moody.

Hatchet II was also a pretty good throwback. Liked it better than the first one.

Is the Slumber Party Massacre trilogy worth a look? I notice they just released a trilogy collection for about 18 bucks.

Bump.

I'm going to suggest that we beef up this forum by separating certain topics, starting with this one.

AManiac
Sleepway Camp
Alone In The Dark
Bloody Birthday
Deadly Blessings
Hands of The Ripper
Child's Play
Frightmare
The Stepfather
Fade To Black
10 To Midnight
Cat o Nine Tails
The New York Ripper
Fright
Spider Baby
House By The Cemetery
Student Bodies
Stage Fright Remake
He Knows Your Alone
Black Christmas
John Carpenter's Halloween
Psycho
Macabre
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Burning
Deep Red
Torso
Silent Night Deadly Night
Behind The Mask The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Alice Sweet Alice
April Fools Day
Intruder
The Final Girls
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Dr Giggles
Peeping Tom
Violent Midnight
Blood and Black Lace
Tucker and Dale Vs Evil
Maniac Cop
Dementia 13
Night Must Fall
The House That Screamed
Strait Jacket
Visiting Hours
Berserk
Corruption
Crescendo
Nightmare
Hysteria
Deep Red
The Hills Have Eyes
Someone's Watching Me
Tourist Trap
Dressed To Kill
Just Before Dawn
Cover Girl Killer
Graduation Day
Madhouse
Offerings
Hospital Massacre
Pieces
Tower of Evil
The Unseen
Eyes Of A Stranger
Drive in Massacre
When A Stranger Calls Orignal
Hell night
The Funhouse
Visiting Hours
Curtains
Halloween 2
Night Warning
The Dorm That Dripped Blood
All these movies I consider to be great slasher films that I have enjoyed seeing and a special nod to final destination not a slasher because it death but has the spirit of a slasher