Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gabe Powers' Blog
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Witzel
View Post
Yeah, I met Romero and Savini as a Fangoria convention in Chicago a couple of years back and had them sign a Creepshow picture. Meeting Savini was crazy because my friends and I were just walking around and see him sitting at his table...waiting for people to approach him. No one was even there. So we got to talk to him for about half an hour before, I guess, someone else recognized him.

Apparently Savani's going to be at the Minneapolis convention which is within walking distance from my house.

On a somewhat related note, some friends of mine were in a mall where Bruce Campbell was signing and ended up standing behind him on the elevator.

"Dude, I think that's Bruce Campbell"
Bruce Campbell - "Someone's gotta be."
Warning: Adorable Animal Pictures Within

I'm really busy the next two weeks, so this'll have to do.
First the Good News: Tartan's Comeback
Dear Hollywood: Here Are Some Comics to Adapt
I disagree with you so much about Nausicca, but overall an interesting list.
I know Miyazaki is 'untouchable', but when I read it I had visions of big budget spectacle. The animated film just didn't fullfill them. Perhaps an animated re-dux? I dunno.
The thing is that by cutting out the extraneous material it allows the film to focus on the two main characters. Turning it into some massively political war film would take away a lot of the great character work Miyazaki created.
But I thought the best character work was between Nausicca and the War God (I believe that's what it was called), and the sadness that came out of that relationship was really the biggest moment in the whole book for me. The ending of the animated film felt like a sprint to the happy ending, when reading the manga I really had the feeling that things weren't going to end up alright.
Self Pity Post, Please Ignore
A Cure For Loneliness: Audio Commentaries
Ah, the audio commentary. I dunno anything quite like it. The only ones I don't like are commentary tracks with loooooooong pauses. Those drive me nuts.
More with Audio Commentaries
Can't wait for your "Worst of" commentary blog.
Gabe's Lists: Top 15 Television Cartoon Characters
I'll have to finish that other blog just for you Sam. I didn't think there was any interest.
I always forget to leave comments but count me in as another reader looking forward to the worst of blog. They combine two things I love very much: lists and audio commentaries.
Well okay then. I'll put these other things on the back burner for now.
Quote:

Carl’s the straight man of the entire universe, and he knows it. And he hates it.

Excellent.
Cartoon Nostalgia: Dino-Riders
By overwhelming, two person popular demand:
The Plagues of Audio Commentary
My Little Projects: Faster Pussycat Musical
Thank you for your very wonderful 'worst of' blog. That braveheart commentary really is worthless.
And thank you for purposefully confusing the words Window and Windu.
No problem.
I had earmarked your Pussycat blog to read and finally got a chance.

I'll bug you. Make that shit happen.
I culled through my unused riffs and have five I'm ready to use. I figure I need five more (ten songs is probably good). Thanks for the support.
I set up a little coming soon page for Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill! the Musical.
Link Here

I'll try to have some electronic drum demo stuff up soonish.
Cartoon Nostalgia: Danger Mouse
I agree about the Faster Pussycat musical. Get that shit done.

I can see it on the marquee. Faster Pussycat! Sing! Sing!

Wow, extremely lame. But I can picture it working. Sadly, my friend and I were planning on writing a Jonestown comedic musical. But somebody had done so a few years back. Bastards!
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasquentin
View Post
I agree about the Faster Pussycat musical. Get that shit done.

I can see it on the marquee. Faster Pussycat! Sing! Sing!

Wow, extremely lame. But I can picture it working. Sadly, my friend and I were planning on writing a Jonestown comedic musical. But somebody had done so a few years back. Bastards!

It might be lame, but it's still good.

Sucks about the Jonestown thing. It seems like every time I come up with an idea it's already been done like that.
Gabe Powers, Quoted on the Wiki
Congratulations...anime nerd!
Technically it's an American show, so I'm just a child, which is actually better.
Please forgive me.
I'm a child, children have too short of an attention span to hold a grudge. I forgave you before I finished writing that sentence.
ROFLVomit at the State Fair