Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gabe Powers' Blog
I didn't even know what FARK was until right now. Woooooooow.
Yeah, I had to blog about that. That's gonna be my 15 minutes.

I Was Farked. What the Hell is Farked?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Riviello
View Post
Shit, man. That's rough. Hang in there though, buddy... and let us know if you need anything.

I assume you're talking about the Farking.
Gabe, don't you know that McCain is bad for this country? I thought I knew you (internet-wise)!
But what about my anti-Joker costume stance negates any possibility of voting for Obama? Is Obama dressing up as the Joker for Halloween?
You really never heard of Fark? It's huge.

Can't let the comments get to you, though. I know how weird it is when people you don't know misinterpret your words so badly.
I really never heard of it, or if I did I didn't pay enough attention. I think I heard the word before, but I never looked into it.
Quote:

Next time lets just call me out for my shitty spelling, or improper use of ‘then’ instead of ‘than’, I can’t say dick about that. That’s just stupid of me. And apparently ‘my’ site is ugly.

UH BRO I'M CALLIN YOU OUT FOR NO APOSTROPHE IN LET'S.
I am shamed. Shame-ed.
I hope I didn't cause any issues by posting that FARK thread here. I thought it was hilarious. Fark is only a few steps above 4chan for comments. I just thought it was funny. I figured you sent in your own blog to them. Guess not. haha
No, like I said, whoever Farked that probably just gave me my 15 minutes of fame. And this way I'll know what's going on when my lawn is lit on fire this Halloween.
I still don't get it. What the fuck is the point of fark?
Classic internet
Quote:

Originally Posted by Renn Brown
View Post
I still don't get it. What the fuck is the point of fark?

What is the point of any message board?

I like Fark because without it, I would never find half of the wierd and stupid new stories I read on any given day. It's better than digg, at least lately it is. But Reddit still wins.
An article I wrote years ago about Parrotheads (later re-posted on a now-dead Chud blog) was once linked to on the official Jimmy Buffett message board.

For a bunch of beer-swilling hippies, there was quite a bit of vitriol in the multitudes of hate mail I received.

I loved it.
Gabe's Little Projects: Mythical Monsters
I was going to post this on my actual blog, but I realize that my family members may be aware I have it. I figure this short tale is safer in the thread section, where concerned parties are sure to not look.

I've been sent all kinds of neat 'get well 'gifts from friends and family, including a quilted wall hanging, a cross made from pictures of Lucadores, a badger kachina, drawings, food, even cash money.

Yesterday I got a package from my rich, New York modern artist great uncle, Richard Artswager. Now you all don't know him, but the contents of his 'get well' package will instantly endow you with everything you'll ever need to know about him. Inside the heavy box were the two latest catalogs of his work. Big, expensively produced, hard cover volumes with full color images of his for sale art. Am I ungrateful? Of course not, the package gave me a huge laugh, and I'd like to assume he sent this with the intention of laughter being the best medicine.
Halloween Fun: Giallo Poetry Project

Post any responses here.
Two Short Heartwarming Stories
Great stories Gabe. A hug and an autograph from Doug Jones? Now that's friggin' awesome.
He asked if I was a filmmaker myself, and I said I was an unpaid DVD reviewer, so he signed :
To Gabe-
Hoping for a Good Review!!
Doug Jones
That's class. I already loved him for the Hellboy flicks, especially part II, but this makes it even better.

I remember reading somewhere that Andrew Divoff actually stands up and shakes peoples hands whenever he does signings.

Nice to hear that these guys are really nice in person.
It's Been 10 years since 1999
I think you're mistaken, Gabe. 1999 was just a few minutes ago.
No, wait...holy shit I just lost a decade.
I know right? The speed at which I'm approaching 30 is frightning.
What's really scary is that it will happen again. And again. And faster. I need to call my loved ones.

Think about how much Bill Murray has aged since you were a kid.
My Year End DVD Wrap-Up (in link form)
God, I really don't have the money to get all excited about Blu-Rays but those Sleeping Beauty, Baraka, and Godfather discs are so sexy. Nice write-up, Gabe.
Thanks Nicholas!

Filmed in My Hometown
Holy shit Gabe, I had no idea you lived in Tucson. I've been here since 1988 and was just watching Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore a couple days ago.
It is a weird thing to see a reference to Tucson in a movie (like in Rushmore or The Fast and The Furious), let alone having recognizable parts of the town in it.
I surprise you didn't mention Death Wish, which heavily involves the town and Old Tucson.
I didn't remember that aspect of Death Wish. You know what's funny though? My grandpa was an English professor at the U of A, and one of his students was Brian Garfield, who wrote the original Death Wish book. I also forgot Tin Cup, which was filming on 4th Ave. when I was in High School, and a bunch of my friends ditched because they wanted to meet Cheech.
Warning! Warning! The mad ramblings of a bored shut-in follow:

The Dangers of HOPE
My Favorite Slasher Movies: Absurd
My Favorite Slashers: The Mutilator
Great review Gabe.

The "Righteous redneck choking fist" score system is a reference to Just Before Dawn, I'm assuming?

Sadly I was one of the guys who rented the R-rated vhs, as 5 years ago, when the store I frequent was still renting vhs, I rented The Mutilator, and it was cut to ribbons. C'mon Code Red. Get on it!

Looking forward to the next one, Gabe.