Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Neurotic Monologues
Hello people!

I'm one of the new bloggers. Here's the first entry:

The Neurotic Monologues: On the Tele -- MotherFraker, Earth's a shithole!

I posted this last week, but I couldn't start a new thread in the forum until now.

Post No. 2:

The Neurotic Monologues: I am Nat’s Mighty Morphing Lack of Powers

Frieza,
...or maybe Freiza.
Freeza?
Both Frieza and Freeza are correct, apparently.

Not that I'd know...
...I'm much too adult and cool to watch anything as childish and uncool as Dragon Ball Z.
Ahem.
To my and my friends, Dragonball was just another painful but necessary step towards adulthood. Like puberty. And The Doors.
Frieza or Frieeza...That's it! Thanks lads!

My painful but necessary step towards adulthood had a lot more to do with Sailor Moon and Ranma 1/2.

Growing up can be very, VERY silly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by natalia
View Post
Growing up can be very, VERY silly.

Especially if you grow up in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. That place is craaaaazy!
Right, because owning DBZ DVDs is for children. Not me. I'm a grown up. I don't own any DBZ DVDs. At all. Or Ranma 1/2 DVDs. None of 'em.

cough.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Powers
View Post
I don't own any DBZ DVDs. At all. Or Ranma 1/2 DVDs. None of 'em.

cough.

Ha ha.

But I totally get what you're saying, because I SO don't squeal like a little girl whenever I catch Saint Seiya reruns on tele, and I never, EVER owned the Saint Seiya stickers album.

As you wisely put it, AHEM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Strange
View Post
Especially if you grow up in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. That place is craaaaazy!

Yeah, imagine the constant state of sugar rush and the irreparable cavities... but fun!
Post No. 3:

The Neurotic Monologues: I like my DVDs chunky!

Check out the DVD for Slither. Tons of extras, most of them hilarious, with almost as much watching time as the movie itself. Its one of my favorite DVDs.
I agree. I want some substance with my dvds. Fine, the movie is important. It has to still look and sound good, but give me a documentary and some commentaries, and weird extras from Zimbabwe.

Slither is a fine dvd like Brad said.

My favorite recent dvd set is the Hot Fuzz 3 disc set. It is so chock full of stuff on it, it even has a childhood action film from Edgar Wright. With commentary from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Now that's what I call special features.
Guillermo del Toro's films usually are packed with great stuff, since the dude loves to talk (God bless him for that).
And when I buy a DVD from an Apatow production, I know I'm getting my money's worth, especially the 2-Disc sets.
I think your art is good.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Strange
View Post
I think your art is good.

Thanks!
Post No. 4. Go! :

The Neurotic Monologues: OMG! I just saw Dr. Horrible Act I

I knew I'd love Dr. Horrible no matter what, considering it has the nerdy power duo of NPH and Nathan Fillion.

I can't wait for the next installment.
A very short post (No. 5):

The Neurotic Monologues: Dr. Horrible – the birth of a Supervillain (some spoilers included)

Post No. 6. Hit it!

The Neurotic Monologues: Bring on the BIFF – Missing Australia

Post No. 7:

The Neurotic Monologues: I am Nat’s regenerating hope.

At last, here's Post No. 8:

The Neurotic Monologues: David Carradine briefly invades Colombia and I complain about misleading advertising

Be Good!
I saw a couple of episodes of Tiempo Final.

There's this one with Diego Bertie where he plays a douchebag who comes up with an overtly elaborate plan to kill his wife for cheating on him with his business partner. I thought it was hilarious - particularly Bertie's overacting.

Quote:

Se quedaron ahí mirandome con mi cara de HUEVÓN!

Some cheesy telenovela acting, but the production is slick.

Too bad they stiffed you on the Carradine fix.

Better luck next time.

I like your blog, by the way.
Ha! The overacting... It sure has made a few episodes look very very silly. Bertie isn't the only one to blame for this. Many actors have been on Tiempo Final to show the world they really just belong in telenovelas. I could name a few, but I better not.

But seriously, who should be blamed for the overacting: the actors for not making an effort, or the directors for not strongly recomending to cool it with the melodrama?

I guess we'll never know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erix
View Post
I like your blog, by the way.

Gracias!
Quote:

View Post
But seriously, who should be blamed for the overacting: the actors for not making an effort, or the directors for not strongly recomending to cool it with the melodrama?

It's a combination of both. Most Latin American actors are theatrically trained, as I'm sure you know. And it's that old world theatrical training where it's all about projecting.

Then they cut their teeth on telenovelas where they are asked to give the most atrociously unrealistic line deliveries known to man.

And, on the side, they dub movies and tv shows by giving flesh and blood characters cartoon sounding voices.

I think whoever does Lisa Simpson also does Chloe Sullivan on Smallville but I would have to double check.

But, in the end, a good director should be able to curb those bad habits and most of the time they don't.

Quote:

View Post
Gracias!

Denancias. Ganancias. Estrafalancias.
Post No. 9:

The Neurotic Monologues: Year Zero = I’m a dumbass.

Enjoy!
Yay! Post No. 10:

The Neurotic Monologues: On the tele -- A new season and the partially departed.
And now, a special presentation:

The Neurotic Monologues Presents: Blog Wars, Part 8
Wow.

Excellent job. Now, I've got to find a way to get everyone together to work on the ending.
Yay, Victory!!

Thanks Anderson! Glad you liked it.
The sublimely lame post No. 11 is here:

The Neurotic Monologues: When desperation meets creativity – IMAGINATON 2008

Have a look!
And good luck to you too.

It really can be a pain in the ass to deal with a creative career in a competitive field, while also balancing the ever present tidbits that daily life so kindly has to offer... bitch that she can be.

But remember that it's what also keeps the juices flowing. Use that frustration for your art rather than let it be a deterrent.

But you already knew that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erix
View Post
But remember that it's what also keeps the juices flowing. Use that frustration for your art rather than let it be a deterrent.

But you already knew that.

Giving up is way easier and enduring frustration, but you're so very right. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And you should know, you already made your first feature.

And now I'm feeling a little embarrased about that post.

Silly me.
Post No. 12. Go!

The Neurotic Monologues: Random Brief Notes
Took me long enough. Post No. 13 is here:

The Neurotic Monologues - Caprica
Post No. 14:

The Neurotic Monologues – I Heart You Ipod!

Be good!