Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horror RECOMMENDATION or WARNING thread.
(07-12-2020, 03:10 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Outpost is fun. Did you know there were 3 of them?

I did! But I'm not sure I want to rent them (only the first one is one Prime for free). Definitely curious though.

You'd think the zombie-nazi subgenre would be overflowing with quality titles, but its surprisingly sparse. OVERLORD is probably the gold standard. OUTPOST is good. I kinda liked FRANKENSTEIN'S ARMY. The DEAD SNOW movies are competent, but not my cup of tea (the comedic aspects really grate). Am I missing any big ones?
Shockwaves
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
The Outpost sequels are horrible.
The Joel Schumacher movie Blood Creek, kinda.

I think Trench 11 might count too, but I never watched that one.
(07-12-2020, 11:17 AM)Mangy Wrote: I didn't think PONTYPOOL was terrible, but I find the love for it from critics to be a bit much.

Yeah, it's not bad or anything. It just never quite reaches that next level.
Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge also falls under the Nazi Zombie subgenre.
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
SHOCKWAVES is the GOAT.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

There was a trailer for Dead Snow in front of Pontypool. It seemed awfully try-hard.
Wait until you see it...it's even more try-hard-ier!
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Are you ready for an underrated Horror List?

Here's Rupert Pupkin:

pt. I:

http://blog.dvd.netflix.com/new-dvd-rele...d%20horror

pt. II:

http://blog.dvd.netflix.com/new-dvd-rele...d%20horror

PRIVATE PARTS is one of my favorite discoveries of the last dozen years or so.

Dead Snow 2 is great. The first is fine.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
The Last Drive In with Joe Bob Briggs has been renewed for season three.
I realize this opinion is based on nothing but my own online perception, but I imagine Last Drive In is more less Shudder’s Game of Thrones, and renewal is nothing but a formality at this point.

Great news all the same!
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
They're also doing a "Summer Sleepover" double feature on August 14th. Adam Green said he filmed an interview for the special, so chances are at least one of the movies will be Hatchet (or one of the sequels).
I never really dug HATCHET...but I'll probably watch it. If I can endure BLOOD HARVEST, I can handle anything!
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
I remember liking Hatchet. Wasn't too keen on the first sequel though and never bothered with the others.

I dig the cowboy pajamas.

[Image: 109824224_10223568638666698_410323749103...e=5F32011D]
(Yesterday, 08:46 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: I remember liking Hatchet. Wasn't too keen on the first sequel though and never bothered with the others.
Hmm I always thought Hatchet 2 was the best one.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
It might be for his Frozen.
I really liked Vivarium and want to know more about the Cuckoos.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
He had some fan event at a revival house that charged some egregious entry fee and early bird access that charged an even more egregious fee.
(Today, 01:32 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: I really liked Vivarium and want to know more about the Cuckoos.

That was interesting.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I've been watching old Dick Cavett interviews all nite. This is delightful. Among other things, the most magnanimous I've ever heard King on THE SHINING.

(Today, 12:14 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:46 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: I remember liking Hatchet. Wasn't too keen on the first sequel though and never bothered with the others.
Hmm I always thought Hatchet 2 was the best one.

The extra long chainsaw was pretty cool.

I watched Bad Milo! the other day. Ken Marino plays a guy who's stressed out all the time at work and home and suffers from a severe case of IBS. When he goes to check it out, he finds out that he has an adorable little demon living inside his colon, which then exits his body to kill anyone who's causing him stress. Overall, this was a lot of fun. It's got a good cast (Gillian Jacobs, Patrick Warburton, Peter Stormare, Stephen Root and Kumail Nanjiani) and good creature effects. I love Milo's design. 

[Image: MV5BNDkzMWFhZTktMGQ5Zi00YmMyLWIxNzYtOGE0...@._V1_.jpg]
(Today, 07:09 AM)Fat Elvis Wrote: I've been watching old Dick Cavett interviews all nite. This is delightful. Among other things, the most magnanimous I've ever heard King on THE SHINING.

Great find!
If we can dream it, then we can do it.