Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mola Ram
#1
I don't buy as many toys for myself as I used to. I'm a geeky collector with a family to provide for, but I couldn't pass up on this:



He comes with a heart accessory for Shiva's sake!
Reply
#2
I really like the Indy one, but $10 is pretty pricey. I figured I'd wait until they go on clearance, but they don't stay in stock.

Reply
#3
WTF are these things?
Reply
#4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkatthemoon
View Post
I really like the Indy one, but $10 is pretty pricey. I figured I'd wait until they go on clearance, but they don't stay in stock.

Yeah, they're pretty hot items, from what I've gathered. I doubt you'll see many on clearance.

They are MIGHTY MUGGS, Andrew.
Reply
#5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkatthemoon
View Post
I really like the Indy one, but $10 is pretty pricey.

True, but atleast they aren't Mini-Mate size (which come in packs of 3 usually). Muggs have some bulk to them.

More Muggs.

Chewie, Galactus, and Ben Grimm will be on my wishlist.

I don't know if these are real, but I want them:

Reply
#6
I'm no collector, but these are pretty great. The cutest toys ever guaranteed to cause a nephew nightmares...
Reply
#7
I was hoping it would look more like mola ram and be more realistic. like a mcfarlane toys mola ram.
Reply
#8
eBay the 3 3/4" Mola Ram. It's a pretty damn good likeness.
Reply
#9
I got Galactus Mighty Muggs at Chicago Comicon, and then I found Grand Moff Tarkin in clearance at a store. I love that they thought children would flock to an old man with an enormous head as a toy to play with. It's probably the old man with the enormous head they're running away from to go play with toys.
Reply
#10
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoolong
View Post
eBay the 3 3/4" Mola Ram. It's a pretty damn good likeness.

link?
Reply
#11
ebay
Reply
#12
whoa, thats pretty cool i have to admit. What is strange is that when i was growing up i was actively lamenting the lack of Dr Jones merchandise and the fact i had missed out on most of it since i was either not alive or very small for most of the 80s. i liked indiana jones more than i liked starwars, but unlike star wars it was harder to get your jones fix at the toy store. i was so majorly depressed over how the long awaited sequel turned out to be the antithesis of everything i loved about the first three that i ignored the marketing and the toys and did not scoop that stuff up when i could have.

you know what also would be cool? if they made sankara prop replicas or something. i always wanted those glowy rocks as a kid, also, i like to quote movie lines out of context for comic (or my friends would say, pointless) reasons (i frequently will exclaim "aund da tuggies will be all bopple!" (or a friend will say this and i'll respond "hahahaha what a vivid imagination!"Wink

so i'd be totally pumped to get the chance to interject "da stones are mine!" into conversations.




PS i had my parents get me an indiana jones hat in 2007 but it makes me really sweat too much when i wear it, though i do think it looks good on me. my parents had to be convinced to buy it for me they thought it was a bad idea
Reply
#13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Kate
View Post
you know what also would be cool? if they made sankara prop replicas or something. i always wanted those glowy rocks as a kid, also, i like to quote movie lines out of context for comic (or my friends would say, pointless) reasons (i frequently will exclaim "aund da tuggies will be all bopple!" (or a friend will say this and i'll respond "hahahaha what a vivid imagination!"Wink

so i'd be totally pumped to get the chance to interject "da stones are mine!" into conversations.

Ebay is your friend.
Reply
#14
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoolong
View Post

OMGOMGOMGOMG....... me want

( i suppose i could have made magic rocks of my own long ago, but whatever)
Reply
#15
that would be cool if they glowed when you brought them together.

I think an interactive Ark of the Covenant would be cooler though, even if you can't look when you take the lid off (would make an awesome house warming gift).
Reply
#16
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAIRUS
View Post
that would be cool if they glowed when you brought them together.

I think an interactive Ark of the Covenant would be cooler though, even if you can't look when you take the lid off (would make an awesome house warming gift).

they could make some high tech ones that used blue tooth to detect their proximity

they look so cool int eh movie. NOT like they have light bulbs inside, it really looks like magic. that moment, the look on harrison fords face as he realizes they ARE magic rocks, and the music constitute one of my favorite moments in the IJ trilogy.
Reply
#17
This trumps everything
Reply
#18
Oh yeah?
Reply
#19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKMITE8
View Post
I don't buy as many toys for myself as I used to. I'm a geeky collector with a family to provide for, but I couldn't pass up on this:



He comes with a heart accessory for Shiva's sake!

I bought that baby for 5 bucks on clearance 'cause the box was a little busted. I have a Chewbacca one too.
Reply
#20
Ahem

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uplo..._21_108682.jpg
Reply
#21
The Twin Cities Targets dumped all the Star Wars Mighty Muggs ($5). I was about to buy a million of them, but cut it back to just a Dukoo. He sits next to my TV, pissed off about how freakin' adorable he is.

Reply
#22
The hard-clear-plastic icycle lightning jutting from his cute hand cracks me up.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)