Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite Board Game?
I see that no one posts in here but I'm gonna start the thread any way. I've recently got back into playing board games (finding an excuse to drink can do that). I gotta say my favorite board game of all time is...

...RISK! Nothing's better than world domination!
ZOMBIES! is always fun. And Hungry, Hungry, Hippos.
Apples to Apples is a good party game. Imaginiff? and Cranium are good as well.
I'll fucking kick your ass in Battleship.
No one will play Trivial Pursuit with me...
Quote:

Originally Posted by MissZooey
View Post

Original release or one of the watered down pop culture decade versions?
I'm a Scrabble enthusiast.

There. I said it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzuDohNihm
View Post
Original release or one of the watered down pop culture decade versions?

Original release.

Cowards and mental midgets, every last one of 'em.
Quote:

View Post

I'll play! I'm an ace at TP.

However, no one will play the Book Lover's Edition with me. At all.
I thought the Baby Boomer edition of TP would get easier when I got older but I still have little to no idea what they're talking about in those questions.
Quote:

View Post
Original release.

You got yourself a challenge whenever you want.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratty
View Post

Do you think it is a good idea to challenge a librarian in that particular field?
Quote:

View Post
I'll play! I'm an ace at TP.

Five bucks a wedge. Let's go.
Feudal is a damn good game, just think chess but being able to move every piece in a move. You even have archers! how cool is that!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudal_(game)
I will play Trivial Pursuit all day long, especially if monies are involved.

The best board game, though, is Puerto Rico.
I can never find any one to play Puerto Rico with. Settlers of Catan and Carcasonne are available via XBL though so I'm able to play with virtual peoples.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan
View Post
Do you think it is a good idea to challenge a librarian in that particular field?

I've got nine years working for Barnes & Noble if that helps.
Quote:

View Post
Five bucks a wedge. Let's go.

Oh, you're on, Trivial Pursuit Hustler.
Quote:

View Post
I've got nine years working for Barnes & Noble if that helps.

Fair enough. I guess.

Quote:

View Post

And shit just got real!
i played monopoly at the weekend for the first time in YEARS and fucking dominated it - i'm seriously thinking of going pro.

If anyone wants some 'ply action bring it and i'll boardwalk on you baltic avenue style.

Oh and I would be in for the TP posturing but you'd be playing the american version - so i'd be hopeless at guessing the state bird of arkansas or whatever. But i will offer my question-master skills, my expert diction and english accent will lend some gravitas to the contest.

Oh and Risk for sure - best game ever...
It's been twenty years, but I think I'll go with Crossbows and Catapults.
I hate Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly. Never saw the appeal. There's no real strategy. You either know the question or you don't. You either land on a particular property or you don't. Boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myk
View Post
I can never find any one to play Puerto Rico with. Settlers of Catan and Carcasonne are available via XBL though so I'm able to play with virtual peoples.

My friends and I are big fans of all three games (although Puerto Rico is our favorite). We're currently on a Bohnanza kick. It's great if you like to negotiate/debate/argue, which my friends who are lawyers love to do over every play.
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk
View Post

If they somehow manage to get Puerto Rico on XBL, they'll find my dessicated corpse on the couch gripping a game controller.
Quote:

View Post

No, see, this isn't hustling. If I planned to throw a game or two before systematically taking all of your money in a glorious orgy of useless knowledge, teeny plastic wedges, and tears (note: your tears), that would be hustling. This is talking trash.

Your mom.
We're playing Trivial Pursuit for cash? Count me in!
Quote:

View Post
No, see, this isn't hustling. If I planned to throw a game or two before systematically taking all of your money in a glorious orgy of useless knowledge, teeny plastic wedges, and tears (note: your tears), that would be hustling. This is talking trash.

Your mom.

Yeah, well, where did you get your suit? At the toilet store?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Dickson
View Post
If they somehow manage to get Puerto Rico on XBL, they'll find my dessicated corpse on the couch gripping a game controller.

My friends and I are all anxiously awaiting that day as well. As we get older, getting everybody into the same room at the same time to play a board game is like organizing a Beatles reunion. On XBox Live, we'd only need a couple of us at a time.

I love Power Grid. It's not a title that promises great excitement, but it's an incredibly well-designed game.
Whatever well-meaning aunt or uncle bought me this:

It was their fault I didn't learn chess until I was an adult. What a dopey-ass game.
Quote:

View Post
Yeah, well, where did you get your suit? At the toilet store?

Oh yeah, well the jerk store called and they just ran out of you!

And as for board games. I love LIFE. Love that little wheel.

What the hell is with the Westworld-esque look of that board game cover? Ploy? What bs.
Come on, the box is awesome.
Perhaps but the game still looks like bullshit and some kind of weird ripoff of Chinese Checkers.

And this is going to sound weird. But I have never actually played Risk. Now how about that.
Yeah, as I said I blame it for helping my retardation.

I blame my friend for my not playing Risk. He'd throw a fit by move 3 that the game was already decided and would loudly bitch that there was no way for him to win so we shouldn't keep playing. This was college.
What a dick.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil
View Post
Whatever well-meaning aunt or uncle bought me this:

It was their fault I didn't learn chess until I was an adult. What a dopey-ass game.

yeah, its part of the bookshelf series made by 3M company, the one in the series Feudal is fun as hell..a great take on chess.

Yes! I remember a 3M logo on the back of the box. Wow.