Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Chris Brown Assault Rhianna?
So Rihanna took a shot at keeping us off her back for a few hours, and some douche at a TMZ office got to feel good about his detective skills. It worked out for everyone. The fake crash story seems totally standard and reasonable to me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd Creature
View Post
Isn't she a pupil of sorts of Jay-Z? It's been awhile since there was a hip-hop related murder, I would not want to be Mr. Brown nowadays.

I don't really know anything about Jay-Z, but has he ever been associated with any of those past shootings, or are you just assuming because he's black and a rapper that he's gonna put a contract out on somebody?
Maybe it's just me, but that E! Online link made it sound like the guy was jacked up on something when this went down.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Umami
View Post
Maybe it's just me, but that E! Online link made it sound like the guy was jacked up on something when this went down.

Mountain Dew, I would guess.
Iron Man star Terrence Howard has offered troubled R&B singer Chris Brown his support after the hitmaker was charged with making criminal threats during a Sunday morning fight with his girlfriend Rihanna.Brown turned himself into police in Hollywood on Sunday night and has been charged with a felony. His girlfriend was admitted to hospital with injuries after the fight.

But actor Howard insists, "Chris is a great guy. He'll be all right... Rihanna knows he loves her... Everybody just needs to get out of their way."
Ummm...
Howard just keeps making all the right moves, doesn't he?
"What's goin' on wit you, Chris?"
wh00p dat trick
Yeah, he seems to really love her in a "You know I love you so why do you make me do this?" kind of way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkatthemoon
View Post
Iron Man star Terrence Howard has offered troubled R&B singer Chris Brown his support after the hitmaker was charged with making criminal threats during a Sunday morning fight with his girlfriend Rihanna.Brown turned himself into police in Hollywood on Sunday night and has been charged with a felony. His girlfriend was admitted to hospital with injuries after the fight.

But actor Howard insists, "Chris is a great guy. He'll be all right... Rihanna knows he loves her... Everybody just needs to get out of their way."

She just needs to start using baby wipes.
Every site seems to be trying to trump each other on how bad he assaulted her. Last thing I read he beat her so bad she could barely open her eyes for the police photos, and may need plastic surgery. Seriously, if he beat her that bad, how could he have even been allowed to post bail?
Well, the bail was $50,000. Can't you post bail for any crime? I've heard of folks being bailed out on murder charges.
Bail is about you being a risk to skip town, not how bad the crime was.
Yeah, but I think they are usually held for a hearing, then a judge sets bail.

Chris walked in, then walked out.

Edit: I guess no charges have actually been filed, so that will come later.
I would think something this bad would be beyond him getting off because she doesn't press charges, right?
I read the case was turned over to the DA, but he returned it, because he wanted more evidence. So the question is, are they dragging their feet, or are they wanting to nail him good?
It gets worse everytime.

Next news item:

"We've just learned that Chris Brown, in fact, KILLED Rihanna when he attacked her Sunday night."
I guess now is not the right time to hit on her.

Yes, I'll be there until 3!
T.I. and Soulja boy also voiced their support for Chris Brown. He's a great guy don't worry about it. You know how the media is! Etc. Only Kanye seemed to realise that domestic abuse is not cool. Very...weird.
MediaTakeOut.com reports Chris Brown will likely not go to jail:

Quote:

February 12, 2009. While every other news source in the world is speculating that Chris Brown is facing several years in prison for his assault against Rihanna – MEDIATAKEOUT.COM DISAGREES!!! In fact MediaTakeOut.com suspects that Chris Brown will likely serve less than a year in prison for the assault against Rihanna – and he may get off completely!!

Many people in the media are speculating that Chris Brown will be brought up on felony domestic battery charge – but HE WON’T!! MediaTakeOut.com discovered that, under California law, Chris Brown CAN NOT be charged with domestic battery. That’s because the domestic battery law only applies to “a spouse, former spouse, cohabitant, former co-habitant, or the mother or father of his or her child.” Since Chris and Rihanna don’t live together (Chris has continuously maintained his own apartment), aren’t married, and don’t have a child together – the law doesn’t apply.

So that means that the district attorney’s best chance to prosecute Chris is under the “Crinimal Threat” charge. But according to TMZ, that might not work either. Here’s what they’re reporting:

Quote:

During [Rihanna and Cris’] argument, he started hitting her. According to the police report, she ordered him to drive her home and "faked a call" to someone, saying things like "He's dropping me off. Make sure the cops are there."

Rihanna told cops the fake call enraged Brown. He said something to the effect of "You are really fu**ed up now. I'm going to kill you." This statement is the basis of the criminal threats charge. … As one law enforcement source told us, "It's kinda weak, and the D.A. is not going to prosecute a high profile case like this unless it's solid.

That means that Chris Brown will likely only be charged with simple assault (a misdemeanor that carries a 6 month jail time). And given the fact Chris is a first time offender, and that people close to Chris tell MediaTakeOut.com that Rihanna was actively involved in the scuffle – it may be difficult for the prosecution to make any assault charge stick.

Even if he only goes to jail for a few months, the real problem for Brown is his name will be shit for a long time after this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arethusa
View Post
T.I. and Soulja boy also voiced their support for Chris Brown. He's a great guy don't worry about it. You know how the media is! Etc. Only Kanye seemed to realise that domestic abuse is not cool. Very...weird.

Wow, you are not suggesting that some Hip Hop artists have "issues" with women in general, are you?
Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn22
View Post
She just needs to start using baby wipes.

I am speechless.

I wonder if this is a career-killer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg David
View Post
I am speechless.

So was I, believe me!
Yay, I can segue into my Terrence Howard story!

Freshman year of college at Michigan State, October 1999. They're having a special screening of THE BEST MAN on campus the same weekend as our basketball team has Midnight Madness. The cast & director have a box at the arena for the hoops festivities and some of them are mingling with the students. I'm sitting in the section directly below their box with about 10 people from my floor (split pretty even amongst boys & girls). Well one of the girls makes an impression on Mr. Howard and he says how he wants to hang out with her. She tries to deflect a little because "he seemed kinda weird" and says that she just plans on hanging out with her friends & staying in the dorms tonight, but gives him her number anyways. Around 130am he gives her a call and says he wants to come back and hang out with us in the dorms. The lucky lady, myself and a couple other people go over to the hotel (because he didn't know how the fuck to get to our dorm), pick him up and head back. We're all kinda giddy and nervous because this is some Hollywood actor who wants to hang out with us, some lowly college freshmen in the middle of Michigan. He said that the rest of the guys in the cast "didn't get him" and he wanted to be with "some people that aren't ignorant".

We soon realized that the rest of the cast was pretty fucking smart for not wanting to spend their free time with this guy.

We get back to the room and the guy soon begins talking as if he's the smartest motherfucker that ever lived, asking us our OPINIONS on things and then shouting us down if we aren't lock-step with him on the subject. He's even talking about how any woman would be lucky to have his kids because he has "super sperm". And no, no drugs were taken at this little get-together, just alcohol--and it wasn't a wild orgy of chugging fifths with both hands either. He could have been on something before, but he was masking it pretty well.

And yes, after using the bathroom that room shares with its neighbor, he mentioned that there should be some sort of baby wipes or at least some wet naps "so you're properly cleaned and all fresh afterwards". I didn't know using 2-ply made one a Cro-Magnon.

At about 5am he said he was getting tired and was gonna head back. The hotel was about a 150 yard walk from the dorm and he said he was fine getting back, so he bounced and that was that.
That Iron Man 2 recasting thing is starting to come together.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Wow.
What a pair of odious mysogonistic cunts.

It's rare I pull the c-word but I think these two thoroughly qualify. Brown deserves a fucking beating of his own.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Kane
View Post

Freshman year of college at Michigan State, October 1999. They're having a special screening of THE BEST MAN on campus the same weekend as our basketball team has Midnight Madness. The cast & director have a box at the arena for the hoops festivities and some of them are mingling with the students. I'm sitting in the section directly below their box with about 10 people from my floor (split pretty even amongst boys & girls). Well one of the girls makes an impression on Mr. Howard and he says how he wants to hang out with her. She tries to deflect a little because "he seemed kinda weird" and says that she just plans on hanging out with her friends & staying in the dorms tonight, but gives him her number anyways. Around 130am he gives her a call and says he wants to come back and hang out with us in the dorms. The lucky lady, myself and a couple other people go over to the hotel (because he didn't know how the fuck to get to our dorm), pick him up and head back. We're all kinda giddy and nervous because this is some Hollywood actor who wants to hang out with us, some lowly college freshmen in the middle of Michigan. He said that the rest of the guys in the cast "didn't get him" and he wanted to be with "some people that aren't ignorant".

We soon realized that the rest of the cast was pretty fucking smart for not wanting to spend their free time with this guy.

We get back to the room and the guy soon begins talking as if he's the smartest motherfucker that ever lived, asking us our OPINIONS on things and then shouting us down if we aren't lock-step with him on the subject. He's even talking about how any woman would be lucky to have his kids because he has "super sperm". And no, no drugs were taken at this little get-together, just alcohol--and it wasn't a wild orgy of chugging fifths with both hands either. He could have been on something before, but he was masking it pretty well.

And yes, after using the bathroom that room shares with its neighbor, he mentioned that there should be some sort of baby wipes or at least some wet naps "so you're properly cleaned and all fresh afterwards". I didn't know using 2-ply made one a Cro-Magnon.

At about 5am he said he was getting tired and was gonna head back. The hotel was about a 150 yard walk from the dorm and he said he was fine getting back, so he bounced and that was that.

How on Earth did you and your friends not laugh your heads off like I did while reading this?
Oh, there were chuckles during the "super sperm" declaration. He claimed to have graduated from Columbia University...although a simple internet search proves that to be incorrect.

But we were pretty much star-struck at first, then just wanted to see what the fuck he would say next.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Kane
View Post

That's kinda sad, actually. I was willing to cut Howard some slack after his excellent HUSTLE & FLOW performance, but not if he's a douchebag that's chock-full o'crazy.

In related news: fuck Chris Brown.
Wow. He'll probably get off. What a shock. At this point, I expect her to have his kid by this time next year.
Howard retracts support of Brown.