Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nightmare On Elm Street Series
Wes Craven’s estate have started taking pitches for a new Nightmare on Elm Street HBO series according to Bloody Disgusting.
I'd rather a movie than a series, but we'll see what happens.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Set it in the asylum from Dream Warriors, and the show writes itself IMHO.
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
Just make Freddy scary and not a jokester, and I can accept just about anything else they might want to do.
Dream Warriors had the ideal balance between scary-Freddy and stand-up comic Freddy. That's the sweet spot I'd like to see a show try to achieve.

In 2019 (more likely 202X) I doubt a 100% serious take on the character would succeed.

What's Frank Darabont up to these days?
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
(11-21-2019, 05:12 PM)Anjin Wrote: What's Frank Darabont up to these days?

A few years back I started a thread pondering that very question.  The answer we've arrived at seems to be: exactly nothing, until his 2020 trial with AMC comes to a finish.
I have (in my opinion) a good pitch for a new series of movies, but not a TV show.

Phooey.
The SCREAM QUEEN documentary found a distributor in Virgil Films, which "plans a limited theatrical release in the coming weeks and will put it out on DVD and digitally on March 3."  So there you go.
Good news.
Jeez, finally.
(11-21-2019, 10:43 PM)bradito Wrote: I have (in my opinion) a good pitch for a new series of movies, but not a TV show.

Phooey.

Spill it! We’re all ears.

I’d be happy with an adaptation of Peter Jackson’s script for Freddy’s Dead, series continuity be damned. Just pretend everything that happened after the first film doesn’t exist, and while we’re at it, let’s pretend that god-awful stinger at the end of the original didn’t happen either. Freddy exists to a degree…just in a severely weakened form and has become a running joke to the local teens. I’m sure we’re all familiar with the story beats of Jackson’s script. It’s a shame we never got to see it.
If you weren't already all up to speed on all the past Nightmare movies ups and downs, I would suggest the Around the World in 80s Movies podcast. He does reviews of the first 6 movies and gives quick back stories on all of them and how they came to be. I just finished it a few weeks ago (he put them out much longer ago than that--I'm catching up with all the episodes I've missed). I'm not a Nightmare aficionado so I wasn't aware of some of this stuff.
I'll have to check that out!