Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random doodles
I like the variety of penguins up in ElCapitan's.
*Cracks knuckles*

Here are some oldish pencil sketches (from a few years ago):

I have a tattoo of this on my right calf:

More recent: Fun with Photoshop/Wacom tablet:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogre
View Post
More recent: Fun with Photoshop/Wacom tablet:

You jerk! Those aren't random doodles!!!

I wish I could paint...

When I'm really bored at the store, doodling helps pass the time. I draw on the cardboard from cigarette cartons.

Hey, they are great!

But aren't you asian? Shouldn't all your drawings have huge eyes and all the girls be semi naked?
I'll never show you my secret doodle stash!
Love your Once doodle mcnooj!
All WACOM but still random...

Some of mine.
;

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Miller
View Post
Love your Once doodle mcnooj!

Thanks! It's so rough, but I'm always surprised by how well it turned out and how much I like it. Kind of a happy accident.
awesome stuff mcnooj! You've got a really strong grasp on anatomy/form/perspective. Much impressed.
So, nekkerbee, if you ever find yourself in hell and wonder "What did I do to end up here?". It's the spider with the heads. That's what you did.
nekkerbee, the swan attacking the boat: LOLLOLLOLLOL
Just scanned in some recent cigarette carton paper doodles.

Bums, mixed in with some Broken Arrow, Ghostbusters, Peter Stomare, and a portrait of a friend.

Was watching Gervais' Extras. A couple CHUD related doodles too.

Just while looking at photos of people online.

Was looking at some Frazetta pieces online. Also watching Under the Hood and a storyboarding video by Eric Goldberg.

While watching a bit of The Spirit and episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

Looking at photos of The Godfather movies, Iron Man concept art, and more Spirit.

Various stuff from 30 Rock and The Office (both versions).

Various bits from Paper Moon and There Will Be Blood.

Freaks & Geeks.

Let the Right One In.

EDIT: Some more...

Chewervision.

Tried to draw Hornberger with a toupee. Can never get it right. Also some Conan O'Brien, Beat Takeshi, and pigeons.
Killer Bees!

This one was fun to draw, although it prompted my wife to ask "Are you angry honey?"
Sorry Cap, until you can draw chewers like nooj, these are all meaningless!

(they are great though)
Thanks!

He's doing a good job at it, no need to replicate :-)

You could pick a killer bee of course. Or as a bonus pick a killer bee and your Chewer victim! For example, the strangler one reminds me of a couple of flame wars we've had on the boards.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElCapitanAmerica
View Post
Killer Bees!

I've obviously not made a good impression.
We'll see who brings in more honey!

Seriously, I love these.
I admit, the bee holding the cartoon bomb got me. So cute.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcnooj82
View Post
Seriously, I love these.

I was just thinking the same thing about yours.
Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck with! Bees in a Bee Car are awesome.

I tried uploading some of my doodles, but they are in massive format, and broke the thread. However, you can see a few of them at:

http://www.squarejawcity.com/oncomingtraffic/?p=94

I have hundreds of these, but the one of Saddam is one of my favourites. They are perhaps not up to par with some of these other epic doodles on display; strangely enough, they serve to enhance my note-taking in class. Killer Swan is one of the greatest works of art of our generation - props.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElCapitanAmerica
View Post
Killer Bees!

This one was fun to draw, although it prompted my wife to ask "Are you angry honey?"

Between this and the penguin drawings, Cap, I'm loving your style. Feel free to pick on Canada whenever you want. I'll call off the RCMP, huskies and rabid Inuits.

The ninja one would make an awesome tattoo.
Killer Bees and Swan Attacks Boat are both like, 30 dimensions of awesome.

That's science - not baseless hyperbole!

Keep em up guys!
[QUOTE=Ryan S~;2580978]Between this and the penguin drawings, Cap, I'm loving your style. Feel free to pick on Canada whenever you want. I'll call off the RCMP, huskies and rabid Inuits.[QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I've been kind of in the mood of drawing cute animals doing horrible things.

As for rabid Inuits, I found this old sketch that I'm pretty embarrassed about;

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov
View Post
http://www.squarejawcity.com/oncomingtraffic/?p=94

I have hundreds of these, but the one of Saddam is one of my favourites. They are perhaps not up to par with some of these other epic doodles on display; strangely enough, they serve to enhance my note-taking in class. Killer Swan is one of the greatest works of art of our generation - props.

I love the little devil on Saddam's shoulder! These are great notes, the pattern on that red ink one is too awesome. You need to make sure you save these.

I find that I can pay more attention during meetings and classes while drawing, but people always would interpret it as me not having any interest in what they were saying.
I doodled a mermaid. Mermaids are creepy.

Cute! And creepy!

And you made a mermaid... woman in the middle... fish on top and bottom. Sexy!
I love the forehead-mouth, and the thumbs up!
You know, I just assumed that the creature was arching its back and looking upside down...
Don't feel like flooding the thread, so I'll just say good stuff here, and put up a link to my blog where I've been posting up recent drawings.

http://bmillette.wordpress.com
Liking the viking, Brad.
Mermaids must be destroyed!

Killer Croc pencil art is awesome!
Frank Sinestro is terrific.