Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rene's Blog: Take A Look
Blog number 1: Stir Fry Goodness/Big Lots Extravaganza!

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/1643/...ravangaza.html
Hot to the Van Damme!

I thought William Fichter was on the B-Action Thread the whole time. Nevertheless, cool bloggie post. When you come round my way - there's a bomb Chinese joint (nice & clean) and the Chinese hostess is hot-to-trot.
Sounds like a great idea. I've eaten at quite a few Chinese places, and rarely am I disappointed. Then again I rarely turn down food.
Welcome to the Chud Blogsphere buddy... I love eating down at "the chink's" too... (Forgive me, I just got back from Gran Torino) ... I've got the best Chinese restaurant in Bolivia right next door to my house. Taiwanese style... Love the way they season their rice. They make their own soy sauce too, and they chop up little peppers and veggies into it, it's amazing. It's also the only place around here where you can get real honest-to-goodness Dim Sum (pork buns and dumplings by the pile) and they import mushrooms straight from China for their amazing soups. (One of those is definitely a meal).

The owner/manager/head chef... Mr. Chen... He's a real class act. Love him. We pass each other on the street and he always makes me feel like a valued customer... Says "hello" as if I were an old family friend.

Anyway... I thankfully was eating a steak sandwich while reading your first ever blog, or my mouth would have started watering.
There was a great Chinese place that I used to go to that is now sadly closed, where I'd go at least once a week, and they knew me pretty well there too. Real friendly folk.
Well now I have to go to Big Lots! to find those deals. And I don't want to go to Big Lots!

Best of luck with the new blog. I look forward to voyeuristically peering in on your life from time to time.
Oh, you can believe that I'll do my best to keep it intriguing, James. Whether I'm talking about my life, or just random musings.
Wait. So you don't look like William Fichtner?

Chinese (although it's more Chinese/Japanese with pizza) buffets are great. There's a bunch in Calfornia, and good for large amount of comfort food that's relatively cheap (if you eat a lot). Oddly enough, despite them being all the same, the quality can vary drastically.
A friend of mine lives in San Antonio, and he's told me about a place that sells Chinese food as well as pizza. He says it's pretty good, so I'll have to make a trip over there, and of course there'll be a blog about it.

This particular Chinese restaurant that I went to has pretty much a mixture of Chinese/Japanese/Mexican food that certainly has something for everyone.
Texting. Addiction. Obsession. Necessity.

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/1647/...Necessity.html

Now with more Bing Crosby!
I can kind of identify with this.

I often have a few drinks and decide, on a lark, to just send random text messages to my friends... Saying things like "You rock!" or whatever.

It makes me cryptic and interesting.
Yeah, texting can be hazardous, or just downright bizarre. I like being able to send little animations that are are already preset in my phone.
Here's my first really personal blog post.

A Bad Week In January.

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/1660/...n-January.html

Bell's Palsy is one annoying bitch.
Sorry to hear about that man. Keep the faith and I hope you get through it soon.
Taking it day by day, Erix. Thanks.

Keeping the faith was actually going to be my title! I decided to save it for another blog that I've got stewing in my brain pan.
Bell's Palsy? That sucks. If its any consolation, Pierce Brosnan has it and he was James Bond. Well, I wish you the best in your continuing recovery.
According to a friend I had who had Bell's Palsy, it comes back every time your age doubles. Assuming you're 24 or so now, you can look forward to humorously dribbling your Tang when you are 48!
The crazy thing is it happened exactly one month to the day that would be my birthday.

I've heard of it coming back too, but it's rare. Hope I'm not one of those.

I'd read about some actors that had Bell's Palsy, James. It's quite a few of them. I'd forgotten about Pierce Brosnan having had it. Well that goes to show that it can go entirely away.
Good ol' J.R. Jim Ross of the WWF has Bells Palsy and is still going strong.
That sucks Rene. Good luck. I hope everything works out okay.
Thanks, neo. It's improving day by day. Little by little, but at least it's improving. The fun part was spending an entire school day explaining to my 3 groups of students what had happened to me. Apparently one kid was telling the other teachers that I had cancer.

So explaining the Walking Pneumonia and subsequent Bell's Palsy was interesting.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
In the mental and physical realm; no matter who we are. There are path(s) that we must tread alone. This is your path of many. There are answer(s) in which you can only find. May you find them and become a better man when you finish this path.

Walk well comrade.

ALSO:

"There's also no actual time frame for when it can go away. It can be several weeks, months, or it may never go away. I've been told though, that it's extremely rare for it to go away."

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Buddha

The truth is what YOU wish to believe and agree to. It is you and only you.
Nice blog. I had Bell's Palsy once, it eventually goes away, maybe a couple of weeks or so.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
--Buddha

Yes!
Big Lots! can truly be a source of treasure. I was very happy to find Jay Mohr's "Action!" there for $3 recently.

Also, cut-rate Pop-Tarts.
Sorry about your troubles, Rene. I hope everything works out okay for you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsakenNoMore
View Post
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
In the mental and physical realm; no matter who we are. There are path(s) that we must tread alone. This is your path of many. There are answer(s) in which you can only find. May you find them and become a better man when you finish this path.

Walk well comrade.

ALSO:

"There's also no actual time frame for when it can go away. It can be several weeks, months, or it may never go away. I've been told though, that it's extremely rare for it to go away."

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Buddha

The truth is what YOU wish to believe and agree to. It is you and only you.

Thanks for the inspirational words, Forsaken!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBM
View Post
Nice blog. I had Bell's Palsy once, it eventually goes away, maybe a couple of weeks or so.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
--Buddha

Yes!

Yeah, the good thing is it isn't permanent, but it is frustrating and annoying with your daily routine isn't it? Glad to hear I'm not the only sufferer of it on here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gray
View Post
Big Lots! can truly be a source of treasure. I was very happy to find Jay Mohr's "Action!" there for $3 recently.

Also, cut-rate Pop-Tarts.

I also got "Action!" there for $3. Top rate show that was way ahead of it's time back in '99. I used to tape it back then on Fox as well. Glad to finally have it on dvd, and have seen it all the way through. Sad ending to the show though. Wish they had made the actual "Beverly Hills Gun Club" movie like it was rumored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainZahn
View Post
Sorry about your troubles, Rene. I hope everything works out okay for you.

Thanks, Zahn. I'm just taking it one day at a time, and every day my muscles get stronger, and I'm one day closer to having full control once again.
Sad to hear about the health woes, Eko. But glad to know that the worst of it appears to be behind you and you're on the mend.
Thanks, Molt.
Keeping The Faith/Great Parents

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/1669/...t-Parents.html
Good for you Eko. I too have been blessed with a relatively open-minded and liberal upbringing while being exposed to things at ages that some would consider appropriate. I turned out ok.

Not devoutly religious (and neither are my parents) but my take on it is, there's gotta be something out there bigger than all of this. I'm just not sure if the answers are found within the pages of a book written by several men over several hundreds of years full of contradictions. That being said, I respect all faiths and whatever works for one is fine by me.

Basically... I want to believe. It's not always easy though.

I'm enjoying your laid-back, personal blogs.
My thought's exactly, Erix. I too believe that there's something bigger than all of this. It may not be what we think it is, but something had to have made us.

I wanted to work in there my love for The Last Temptation Of Christ in there, but I think I'll save that for another blog. He's got one of my favorite lines ever "I believed in love, now I believe in THIS!"

Thanks for enjoying them so far. You can be rest assured that I'll keep them coming and try to keep them daily.
When Is It Ever Enough?

http://chud.com/articles/blogs/1696/...er-Enough.html
Man, at the local Hastings I frequent, they had 50% off all used DVD/VHS and I found Face/Off in case and everything for 2 cents. I used to work there at one time and this short fella working there had the gall to charge me full price of 2 cents.

I was like, "No way buddy, it's 50% off and I'm paying you a cent." Needless to say he was dick about it and we had a heated argument.

He was trying to argue, "It's just two cents."

I countered: "Your false advertising."

Game over and I got my John Woo American masterpiece for a whopping PENNY!

When is it ever enough? This man says:

The world is not enough and piece out.
Rene (Mr.Eko), I hope you feel better soon. I do have a question though? Did you go to New York Comic Con? I saw someone that must have been your double...assuming it wasn't you.
duke fleed, thank you for the well wishes, and I've always wanted to go the the New York Comic Con, but it was not me. Interestingly enough, on quite a few occasions I've been told I look exactly like someone else that this person knows. I must have clones!

I go to Hastings quite a lot too Forsaken. That's actually where I bought A Cat In The Brain on Thursday. I love going to that place. It has everything.