Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me identify this tub toy.
I did a google search and saw that some others was asking about the same toy from my childhood, but no answer. Here's their fairly accurate descriptions:

"Bath Toy 1983-1986 w/suction cups on hands, feet and bottom of tail:
I am trying very hard to find a bath toy made from 1983-1986. It looked like a dragon/monster/alien and was a cobalt blue or bright blue color. It was made of soft rubber or plastic that was sqeezable. It was positioned in a permanent sitting position and had either pointy ears or horns(1 on each side of head). It has a long tail and was wearing a white,removeable,hooded little robe. It came with a yellow animal/friend that was about the size of a small lemon and had 1 suction cup on 1 end and I think it squirted water. My cousin had one set just like mine except hers was a magenta pink creature/dragon/monster. I have no idea who made these nor can I remember what it was called so I can have a better chance of aquiring one again. Can anyone help me? Thanks"

"Does anyone know what this is called? I so want to try to find another one. It was a bath toy that I had in the 80's(made between 83 and 86). Mine was a cobalt blue color. It looked like a martian or alien that had either pointy ears (1 on each side of its head) or maybe they were horns. He was in a permanent sitting position was all one piece with a tail 2 arms and 2 legs. On the bottom of his tail he had a blue suction cup and 1 suction cup at the end or each arm and foot.He was about 4-5 inches from the bottom of his bum to the top of his head. He was made of a soft squeezable rubber material. He was wearing a white hooded bath robe and came with a yellow animal or alien friend. The yellow animal friend may have squirted water and had only 1 yellow suction cup on 1 end. My cousin had one just like mine, except hers was a magenta pink color with the white bath robe. I can't remember what animal/alien friend that one came with or what color ot was. I really want to try to find one of these things, but I have no idea what they were called or what toy company made them. Anyone?? Anyone??"

To add to this, mine was blue and came with a little Nessie type sea serpent that squirted water. My brother's was orange and I can't remember what the companion/pet was. The main Atlantian mer-characters resembled a sea monkey or the alien from MAC & ME to a degree. Reminiscent of the Smurfs or Snorks.

FYI: I also had the Gilligan's Island floating island tubtoy with all the rubber characters and the SS Minnow. I wonder where those toys ended up...

This almost sounds like Suckerman but not quite.
I had one of those too! You just triggered some long-forgotten memories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKMITE8
View Post
I had one of those too! You just triggered some long-forgotten memories.

"Caution: Do not throw against glass."
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham
View Post
"Caution: Do not throw against glass."

Yeah... what the else would it stick on? Brick?
Quote:

View Post

Shards of crystal, solid marble, copper or bronze sheets ... just about anything, really.
Quote:

View Post

They probably didn't want to be liable for kids chucking them full force into windows.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Dnim
View Post
They probably didn't want to be liable for kids chucking them full force into windows.

Yeah, I figured. Just found it funny.

It's like putting a "Don't hit your sibling in the face" warning on the foam Hulk hands packaging. Well, what else are they for?

DARKMITE8:

The bath toy you described is called a Loch Nerf Monster. I had a hard time identifying it as well. I'm only aware of a single picture of it on the whole Internet:

http://www.parrygamepreserve.com/images/...rs80_L.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Loch Nerf Monsters:

Now THAT'S how you First Post.

Additional pictures of Loch Nerf Monsters:

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

AHoly crap. How did I miss this? Thank you!!!!!!!!!

5+ years and i'm not crazy after all.

Now if I can only find mine somewhere if it's still in a box. Ebay was no help surprisingly.