Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conan on TBS
A new era starts tonight.
Andy!
Max!
Will Ferrell!
Pearl Jam!
The Cone-Zone is back. Finally some funny at 11:35 on NBC.
I usually don't stay up late enough to enjoy these shows, but Conan was always my favorite of the bunch so I'll be watching tonight for sure! It's gonna be great!
Anyone watch Leno's send off? Was it any good? Conan was the guest.
I'll be watching this.
Edit: Forget my questions, found a very informative wiki article.

I will forever love Conan for his work on the Simpsons (monorail!) and his appearance on 30 Rock.
I can't stay awake for late night television anymore but I'll try and watch this tonight. I always liked Conan so I wish him nothing but success with the Tonight Show.
Conan starts tonight?? Wow that is the best news I received today!
Saw the last Leno. He was a lot less emotional about it than Conan was on his last episode, but then I guess Leno isn't leaving town and moving across country. I think his new show is probably in the same place and he'll probably have the same crew. So, that's understandable. There wasn't a ton of reminiscing. He showed some lame "best of" of Jay Walking and got right to the guests. Then at the end to close out he talked about all the relationships that were formed by his crew in the last 17 years, and brought out all their kids saying that was his legacy.
Quote:

Then at the end to close out he talked about all the relationships that were formed by his crew in the last 17 years, and brought out all their kids saying that was his legacy.

Even Jay agrees that his show, which was on for SEVENTEEN YEARS, wasn't worth remembering.
The biggest "shock" was Leno playing the footage from when Conan was first announced to replace Letterman back in '93 and Jay introducing him to the TV world. God...so...young.

The actual sit-down with Conan was OK and both tried to play it off like they were really close friends. Although you just knew Conan was trying his best to put on a happy-face on camera. The stuff at the end with Leno, the kids and his "legacy" I'll admit to liking.
Yeah, Conan looked nearly pre-pubescent in that clip.
I will miss the Masturbating Bear so very much. I can't explain it, but every time I saw him I would bust out laughing. It never got old

I'm worried that, similarly to Chris Rock hosting the Oscars, a cleaner, kinder Conan will not be the Conan I love.
Early reports on AICN mentioned that The Masturbating Bear would be back. And that the show felt exactly the same.
Kinda nice to see the words in the thread title just a few days after a fresh Hicks thread.
I have to say I'm kind of excited for this. I think thats the first time I've said that about a late night show.
Is there any place on the web where i can download episodes of this show?
Legally of course.
Hulu might possibly carry it once it airs.
I'll be watching. I haven't read anything about the test shows they did. I really want to walk into this blind.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randolph Carter
View Post
Is there any place on the web where i can download episodes of this show?
Legally of course.

I believe NBC.com airs full episodes. You'll probably need to get yourself something like hotspot shield to view it where you are.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Ripoll
View Post
Hulu might possibly carry it once it airs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
View Post
I believe NBC.com airs full episodes. You'll probably need to get yourself something like hotspot shield to view it where you are.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look in to it.
I cannot wait for tonight. I hope Carson is finally smiling again wherever he is.

Ironically, I saw Jay Leno driving down Buena Vista Blvd. today in one of his old collectible Model-T-looking jalopies. An artifact driving an artifact.*

(*Part of me hates being mean to Leno, who seems like a genuinely nice guy with a big heart. But MAN, his Tonight Show sucked.)
I saw a good chunk of the last Leno. Conan also showed a tiny clip of something we'll see this week on his new show-- they hired an Oscar-winning make-up artist to make him look totally different so that he could host his own focus group. The reactions he was getting looked like comedy gold.

Also, Andy was on Carson Daly Friday night, and I stuck around for that (and Wale). He gave us a peek at the new theater, which looked great, and pointed out his podium (not riding the couch). He said something about them scaling back the wacky characters a bit (his example was "no more 'Sea Captain under a trap door'"Wink, and taking on the new timeslot as a challenge. Hopefully a sufficient amount of wackiness will remain.

There was also mention of a certain returning feature from the old show...
I hear stuff about the new theater being haunted, so hopefully that means the inappropriate old timey crooner ghost will make some stops.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
View Post
I hear stuff about the new theater being haunted, so hopefully that means the inappropriate old timey crooner ghost will make some stops.

God I love that bit. Hookedy-Dope!

Four minutes. I'm so excited.
Well, this rules so far.
Conan has a graceful gait.
THE Cheap Trick song. Perfect.
1) Oh, man, the audience is HUGE compared to the Late Night studio!

2) I forgot how much I used to love the little interactions between Conan and Andy as he came out each night-- it was always something different.
Yeah, it's so good to have Andy back.
Ouch. NBC jab.
I'm curious if Andy is just going to stand at the podium for the whole show.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus-7
View Post
I'm curious if Andy is just going to stand at the podium for the whole show.

I believe that's the plan, like Higgins does on Fallon's show.
The stage looks like a prettier version of Kimmel's. It's gorgeous.
Thankfully NBC went out at around 11:00 and is yet to come back on. I'm guessing it'll be up somewhere tomorrow, probably Hulu.
Uh, is that Josh Homme playing with Pearl Jam?

Nevermind, it isn't.
Oh man, they gotta put Andy back on the couch. That's just wasted talent.

That was probably the best Pearl Jam song I've heard in a long time.