Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conan on TBS
Didn't the promos say Sheryl Crow and Tom Hanks were going to be on, or was that the promo for the week?
TVGuide says tomorrow is Tom Hanks and Green Day. Wednesday is Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Bradley Cooper, and Sheryl Crow.

Whoa, he's got Chickenfoot on Friday night! Sammy Hagar + Joe Satriani! You rule, Conan.
Don't put Andy on the couch, put him on a treadmill. Just have him run on it for the hour.

That was some good stuff. Conan is going to have a lot of fun with stuff around Universal Studios.
I must say, this show went off without a hitch - Conan, Andy, Max... in fine form. The Universal Tour was hilarious. And even though I rarely like Will Ferrell, his entrance was pure gold.

Favorite bit:
"You don't need to say "woo!" every time I say we're going to commit a crime."
I thought this was awesome, besides Will Ferrel running the dickhead routine into the ground a little. I actually want to start watching Conan again now, after growing tired of his routine around 2003.

Oh, and we needed more Andy. I'm sure he'll get his time to shine in looser future episodes, though.

And, the new Pearl Jam is sounding good. I'll be sure to buy it at my local Target! (just kidding)
I loved it but what was with Andy's hair?
Yeah, Andy seemed to be having an unfortunate hair and neck day.
He's gone from parting it on the right to parting it on the left for some reason.

I hope proximity to Universal will lead to Frankenstein's Monster wasting a minute or two of our valuable time.
Pretty great way to start. The whole bit with his Taurus was gold. And while I love Andy, his laughing from offscreen was a little off, move him back to the couch.
Well that was just fantastic, fuck I've missed my Cone-Zone fix. It's even better for me because here on cable Conans on at 10:30 and Jimmys after at 11:30 so I can always catch he of the hair before bed.

Loved the Universal Studio tour, the fact that he was tickled by the crowd chanting circle when they came baclk from the bit had me in hysterics.

One of Americas funniest men is back and I couldn't be happier.

...I do hope we see Triumph at some point too
Loved it.

So good to see Andy and Conan together again.

Will Ferrell is to Conan O'Brien as Charles Grodin was to Johnny Carson, and I love it.
They need to turn Andy's mic down or something. His sudden, LOUD off-screen laughter was pretty annoying.
Pretty soon he'll be saying "That is correct, sir!"
I think the thing that will really help Conan win over a bigger audience is his interactions with people. Guests, sure, he's way better than Leno on that front, but also the normal people and weirdos he finds on the street during his remotes. He doesn't need a Jaywalking type gimmick, just send him to an old timey baseball league, sit back and watch comedic history be made.

Also, is there a place for "Actual Items" on this new show? I was just thinking about how offensive and just plain weird some of those jokes were ("Mini bagels...and it says right here, perfect for your mini-Jew"Wink...might not go over well with the older demographic. Might have to tone it down.
One thing they don't lose is the awesome lack-of-rapport Conan developed with Max after Andy left. They need to keep up with those awesome awkward staredowns.
I just need to throw out a WHAT THE HELL to this CNN.com poll, currently in progress:

Will you watch Conan O'Brien's new show?
Yes 32% 54938
No 68% 115417
Total Votes: 170355

Boooooo!
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gray
View Post
I just need to throw out a WHAT THE HELL to this CNN.com poll, currently in progress:

Will you watch Conan O'Brien's new show?
Yes 32% 54938
No 68% 115417
Total Votes: 170355

Boooooo!

That's 115,417 people I'll know better than to trust in matters of late night tv from now on.
I have to think there's some sort of concerted effort by Letterman fans to run up this kind of poll (or maybe...gasp...Leno fans?)
Yeah, granted, I can't begrudge the Letterman fans their support of Dave. I love the guy, too.

Some gems in the comment thread on this story, though:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...how/index.html

Quote:

annie
updated 21 minutes ago
who will watch Connan, he is so damn crazy. As long we have Jay Leo, we will be fine

Sara
updated 21 minutes ago
NBC really messed up replacing Jay Leno with Conan. The ratings will be terrible. Bring back Jay!

Heh. Sure thing, ladies. You're the future of America.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beldar
View Post
I have to think there's some sort of concerted effort by Letterman fans to run up this kind of poll (or maybe...gasp...Leno fans?)

Does anyone still watch Letterman anymore?
I love the "we will be fine" line, as if Conan alone would turn us into a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratty
View Post

Someone does, I'd assume. The guy gets paid an assload (more than Leno).
I do.
I love Conan. I grew up watching Late Night. One of my favorite moments was an older episode. Some b-list band finished playing and as usual, Conan walked over to shake hands. One of the band members flipped Conan over his back! It was eye-poppingly amazing. Five minutes later, my best friend and neighbor was pounding on my bedroom window. "Dude, did you watch Conan? Holy shit!"

Needless to say, last night was epic. Andy's back (STARING CONTESTS) proving what everyone else knew, he never should have left.
I'll be tuning in every night.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratty
View Post

When able, you bet. Dave is great. Will definitely watch Conan as well. Thankfully Dave is on earlier in my area so I won't need to take up arms for either side.
Letterman is brilliant don't get me wrong. But anytime I would try and watch, the guy would derail the show on the most innane bullcrap. Stuff that wasn't even all that funny. Did anyone laugh when he harrased Rupert the next door deli owner?

In fact Norm McDonald parodied him very well.
Nice thing about this newfangled technology we've got is that I can watch Conan when it airs, and then I can preempt Jimmy Fallon's worthless ass with time-shifted David Letterman.

Seriously, fuck Jimmy Fallon.
I watched Fallon after Conan last night. It was the first and last time. Yuck.
I watch and enjoy Letterman, but I imagine I'll be tuning into Conan more for now. I don't sit down and watch the 11:30 shows every night, anyway, but it'll be something I'll pay more attention to now that Conan's back on.
The most important, A number one question: will the Chuck Norris lever be returning?

That was a great show last night. Hadn't watched Conan in years (no reason, either) and it's like he hasn't lost his touch at all. And with Andy back...oh man, it's going to be great.
Conan pretty much killed the Chuck Norris Lever a while back. I think he used it once during his last week on late night.

Interested to see how they bring back the Masturbating bear, Triumph and if they do anything like "stamps".
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdHocken
View Post
Letterman is brilliant don't get me wrong. But anytime I would try and watch, the guy would derail the show on the most innane bullcrap. Stuff that wasn't even all that funny. Did anyone laugh when he harrased Rupert the next door deli owner?

In fact Norm McDonald parodied him very well.

I'm one of those snooty folks that thinks that Letterman was never the same after the movie to 11:30 CBS. There was something about the original Late Night with David Letterman at 12:30 on the East Coast that was just the perfect meld of timeslot and sensibility that hasn't been matched.

But that's a whole 'nuther derail.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pine_Power
View Post
I love Conan. I grew up watching Late Night. One of my favorite moments was an older episode. Some b-list band finished playing and as usual, Conan walked over to shake hands. One of the band members flipped Conan over his back! It was eye-poppingly amazing. Five minutes later, my best friend and neighbor was pounding on my bedroom window. "Dude, did you watch Conan? Holy shit!"

Spacehog.
Quote:

Originally Posted by reggie-wanker
View Post
Nice thing about this newfangled technology we've got is that I can watch Conan when it airs, and then I can preempt Jimmy Fallon's worthless ass with time-shifted David Letterman.

Or you could just watch Ferguson, who issued an on-air challenge to "The Fallon boy" last night...
Just watched the first show. Very good. Loved the Universal tram section. And Will Ferrel kills.