Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steampunk Star Wars
I saw this guy's stuff over on reddit. The original trilogy done in steampunk fashion.

Steam Wars
You might enjoy this other guy's take as well. I particularly like his Han & Chewie portrait.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wee-Bey
View Post
I saw this guy's stuff over on reddit. The original trilogy done in steampunk fashion.

Steam Wars

This guy's version of the Ewoks would've made for a much more believable fight in Return of the Jedi.
Wow ... horrible stuff. Almost every character design ends up looking worse, a great example is Vader. The Storm Troopers look super generic and some of the Jedi look more like something out of the middle ages.

R2D2 now literally looks like garbage.

And Yoda ... oh boy.
yeah, the Jedi stuff is terrible, wow... the Yoda is just down right bad...and the Emperor? yeah...looks like a pissed off Santa.
Wow, you guys are pretty harsh for what looks to be just a creative exercise. I think they look interesting, and pretty well executed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Miller
View Post
Wow, you guys are pretty harsh for what looks to be just a creative exercise. I think they look interesting, and pretty well executed.

No kidding. I'm impressed by it all and love the creativity.
Some look really great and others look kind of lame but that's the way these things will always go. At least it was well thought out for the most part. Some of you guys are way too harsh. It may not be but it reeks of jealousy. Harmless stuff and an interesting take as far as I'm concerned.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Miller
View Post

I don't get criticism for the design quality either. These are pretty clearly supposed to look kind of clunky, in keeping with the Victorian/steampunk thing. Not the most original thing in the world, but impressively executed, IMO.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timothy Q
View Post
At least it was well thought out for the most part. Some of you guys are way too harsh. It may not be but it reeks of jealousy. Harmless stuff and an interesting take as far as I'm concerned.

Well I would have been more tactful if I thought one of you guys did them, geez ... sorry I guess. Jealousy? Calm down dude!

These are well made in the sense that they show a lot of detail and dedication, but to be honest the drawings linked in another post (specially the Solo and Chewie one) are much better.

Sorry if I sound too critical, just thought that for "Victorian era + technology" some of them were not even well executed with that design goal. A good set of them seem to belong more in a "Medieval Star Wars" concept.

And yeah the Storm Troppers look like any number of manga soldiers of the same style Killzone tried to ape.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerhead
View Post
I particularly like his Han & Chewie portrait.

Some nice touches there. Chewie lets the side down, though. His forlorn doggy face just didn't work for me.
Steampunk as a design choice is about as played out as pirates and ninjas at this point, but those are pretty nice. Particularly like the Vader and R2.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElCapitanAmerica
View Post
Calm down dude!

Calmer than you are.
Why can't Lando be black in Steampunk?
Akbar, baby. The Crustacean Admiral with style to burn.
Quote:

View Post
These are well made in the sense that they show a lot of detail and dedication, but to be honest the drawings linked in another post (specially the Solo and Chewie one) are much better.

Really? The Drawing's Obi-Wan is literally a guy in a suit. I prefer the toys one, immensely.
Yeah but at least he looks like an old person in a technologically advanced Victorian era. The toy Obi-Wan looks like a medieval knight from a future Lord of the Rings continuity. It misses the whole point of the exercise.
Good on you for policing what people can and can't do when making their own alt-universe Star Wars toys......
Er ... ooookay?
I'm not 100% on every design (love the Lando), but the craftsmanship kind of blows my mind.
Quote:

View Post
Er ... ooookay?

Just commenting on this part:
Quote:

View Post
It misses the whole point of the exercise.

Steampunk has been done a lot, I don't mind seeing some out-there designs. Just thought it was a weird thing to say as opposed to "I didn't like it"
I thought the clockwork Threepio and coal-burning Artoo figures were pretty creative.