Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix Instant View Heads-Ups
Get away from me!
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
$120 gets you the Losense Heigh D'fughni, the Free People's Television. Available exclusively on the curb in front of the Walmart garden supplies department.
(01-23-2020, 02:25 AM)bradito Wrote: I thought about it, but then I realized I'd ignore all of it and get a $120 TV.

What model did you go with.

[Image: DvQy2rFX4AEDU5k.jpg]
(01-24-2020, 02:40 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 02:25 AM)bradito Wrote: I thought about it, but then I realized I'd ignore all of it and get a $120 TV.

Vizio! Looks pretty good.
Vizio gets pretty solid reviews!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(01-24-2020, 06:19 PM)bradito Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 02:40 PM)Overlord Wrote:

Vizio! Looks pretty good.

Hehehe
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
One of the Vizio reviews was like, "Vizio. American company."

USA! USA! USA!
Does anybody have Criterion Channel? if so, some good stuff coming up in February - https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/...020-lineup
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
(01-25-2020, 12:10 AM)bradito Wrote: One of the Vizio reviews was like, "Vizio. American company."

USA! USA! USA!
Hehehe he thinks he has a real TV....cute.
FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY is up on Prime.
I think I also saw it on Hulu today for us unwashed that don't have Prime.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!
The Unrated cut of Tammy and the T-Rex is on Showtime and the Showtime Anytime App right now.
Sandler re-ups for 4 more films for Netflix.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/31/21116...iewed-2019

Quote:According to Netflix, customers have spent over two billion hours watching Sandler’s films on Netflix since The Ridiculous 6 premiered in 2015, with over 83 million households watching Murder Mystery in its first four weeks (keep in mind that Netflix’s numbers of what constitutes a “view” are a little skewed.) By comparison, Netflix’s big-budget, Oscar-chasing drama The Irishman was expected to bring in less than half that number of viewers in its first month.
It also mentioned that Uncut Gems is on Netflix internationally starting today, and comes to the US in May.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Great news! NIGHTHAWKS is up.

Vintage Sly.

[Image: source.gif]

[Image: B5YSoKDCAAAqnnX.jpg]

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

There are some great BTS stories on Nighthawks.

I don't think it's an unequivocal great film but it's entertaining as hell and interesting, at the very least, to see how Sly tried to break out of the cinematic cage he'd built for himself with the Rocky films.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

The finale of Nighthawks is an all-timer.
The whole pursuit starting at the club and ending with Billy Dee getting cut up is a fantastic sequence.
(02-03-2020, 11:04 AM)Alt-molt Wrote: The whole pursuit starting at the club and ending with Billy Dee getting cut up is a fantastic sequence.

WULFGAAAAAAR!

The Wind is on Showtime. I didn't love it but the rest of you may enjoy.
(01-30-2020, 07:22 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY is up on Prime.

This was good. So easy for wrestling movies to get cornball but this one did a good job balancing the humor with the traditional "beat the odds" sports stuff.
The Farewell and Fulci's Touch Of Death are up on Prime.
“That which doesn't kill you wasn't done right.”—Khaya Dlanga
(01-31-2020, 03:05 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Sandler re-ups for 4 more films for Netflix.

Quote:According to Netflix, customers have spent over two billion hours watching Sandler’s films on Netflix since The Ridiculous 6 premiered in 2015, with over 83 million households watching Murder Mystery in its first four weeks (keep in mind that Netflix’s numbers of what constitutes a “view” are a little skewed.) By comparison, Netflix’s big-budget, Oscar-chasing drama The Irishman was expected to bring in less than half that number of viewers in its first month.

He posted on Instagram the other day about the 25th anniversary of BILLY MADISON. Not going to lie to you, I'd love it if one of those four movies is a decades-later sequel.
(02-13-2020, 02:23 PM)Misfit Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 03:05 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Sandler re-ups for 4 more films for Netflix.

He posted on Instagram the other day about the 25th anniversary of BILLY MADISON. Not going to lie to you, I'd love it if one of those four movies is a decades-later sequel.

Coming soon: WILLIAM MADISON
(02-13-2020, 02:32 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Coming soon: WILLIAM MADISON
REVENGE OF THE O'DOYLES

I'm already excited by the prospect of CG Farley.
So Hulu is in 5.1 now on most platforms. Like right up until recently they were in stereo for everyone except Xbox users I think. I know im only one of like 3 people that care about that but still im happy.
Billy Madison got a prominent shoutout during his Independent Spirit Awards acceptance speech the other day.
(02-14-2020, 12:11 AM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: Billy Madison got a prominent shoutout during his Independent Spirit Awards acceptance speech the other day.

As he should.
People have been busting Bradito's chops about his TV, but if only he'd decided to go this way:

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/statu...3933728769

[Image: EQ2jKrkWAAU7KWP.jpg:large]

Then he would have my respect.
(02-16-2020, 08:43 AM)Fat Elvis Wrote: People have been busting Bradito's chops about his TV, but if only he'd decided to go this way:

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/statu...3933728769

[Image: EQ2jKrkWAAU7KWP.jpg:large]

Beautiful!!
Anybody have a head's up on what we're about to lose down the end of the month stretch?

In my List, the only thing is Ken Burns' "Prohibition' doc disappearing on the 22nd.

I'm not sure this list is complete, but it looks like the Matrix trilogy is leaving this month (until its inevitable return like 60 days later) - https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/...vies-shows