Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Werewolf? Here, here wolf!
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKMITE8
View Post
Anyone familiar with Universal's SHE-WOLF OF LONDON television series. Seeing it at the store on DVD was the first I've heard of it, and that's saying something. It was 29.99 with $10 towards THE WOLFMAN in theaters, like all the re-released Wolfman DVDs out now.

Picked this up. The main title music sexaphone made me think I was watching Silk Stalkings or some soft core, but the pilot was decent enough to pull me in. The werewolf FX are a tad shoddy. I could see the bare upper arm of the person who wore the "werewolf glove" at the attack on the moors. I like the lead though. She's cute and apparently on FRINGE (and TEXAS CHAINSAW 3), which I've been meaning to check out.

Got me $10 towadrs WOLFMAN in theaters too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKMITE8
View Post
Got me $10 towards WOLFMAN in theaters too.

Worth every penny and watched it in a near empty theater. Very enjoyable entry to the genre.

My loving tribute to 80s Werewolves...

I know. I know. Howling is missing. Sad

Favorite werewolf films of late?

We've been getting a lot of them in recent years.

Probably LATE PHASES. Werewolf designs are silly and it's sort of like SILVER BULLET meets BUBBA HO-TEP, but it's buoyed by terrific performances, especially its lead, Nick Damici. I would have loved to nominate WHEN ANIMALS DREAM, but it's a mostly dull, deeply uninvolving film.

I haven't given When Animals Dream a whirl yet.  I also haven't gotten around to trying shows like Bitten, Teen Wolf, or Being Human yet, as well as a handful of indie werewolf flicks.

Howl was a bit of a disappointment, but not terrible. I know many are fans of WolfCop, but that one fell flat for me. Same goes for Netflix's Hemlock Grove. Werewolf: The Beast Among Us is probably the worst one I've seen in recent years.

I loved Late PhasesWolves and Wer are both pretty fun as well. I also dug the hell out of Penny Dreadful's own Wolf Man. Wish that series had lasted longer.

I watched the Goosebumps movie from last year with my kid last night, and it had a surprisingly good werewolf. Obviously he doesn't get to do anything too gnarly because of the PG-rating, but the design (even with the silly athlete gear) was awesome, more wolf than man, and his body language was actually pretty intimidating.

A[quote name="S.D. Bob Plissken" url="/community/t/121314/werewolf-here-here-wolf/90#post_4149603"]
Howl was a bit of a disappointment, but not terrible. [/quote]

Howl is one of my fave recent ones. Was nice to see a WW movie try something a bit different with the creature designs (especially liked that big Rawhead Rex looking MF). Might do a rewatch together with Dog Soldiers for Halloween actually.